BUCKY BARNES//ONE SHOTS

By daughterofodin

Short stories based on Bucky Barnes. More

Quick Note
Ideal Killing Squad
Backstage Jitters
Sleeping and Waking
With or Without It
Love with a Soundtrack
Reassurance and Nervousness - Part One
Scared of the Pain
Reassurance and Nervousness - Part Two
Fights and Forts
Big Scares
Ahead of Schedule - Part 1
Ahead of Schedule - Part 2
The Perfect Day
Days at Home
Can't be a Savior
Surprise, Surprise
The Memories
Mesmorized
Hands Touching Hands
Softy On The Inside
Feel the Love
Nighttime Cravings
The Box of Bucky
Our Love is Like a Dream
A Little Hideout
Get Well
Those Three Words
His One True Love
Her Rescuer and Her Love
Actions, Not Words
Meeting in the Rain
I am Home
The Way
Jumble of a Relationship
How it Controls You
It's in the Little Things
Ending with a Fight
You Could Never Hurt Me
Well, That Would Be Nice
The Flowers - Part I
It Will Get Better
The Flowers - Prequel
A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes
I Already Know
Stay With Me
Don't Overthink It
A Night To Remember
Please - I
Control - II
Heartbeat
Caring
Oblivious
Human Again
Stay - I
Please - II
War
Well, Maybe
Help
Support
Stay - II
I'll be Seeing You
Solace
Family
Escape
Okay
Comfort
Amnesia
Space
Author's Note
Knight
Doubt - SMUT
Little One
Happy - STEVE
Hiding - SMUT
Bullies
Let Go
Enough
So Into You - SMUT
Familiar and Odd
Stranger
Silently
Protective - SMUT
Thoughts
Moments
To Build a Home
Strength
Time
Unsteady
Birthday
City of Stars
Only Hope
Masterpiece - I
Masterpiece - II

Control - I

3.4K 85 5
By daughterofodin

A/N - Ugh you guys, I love civil war so much. And I had to write some of my own stuff, which I'm v excited guys to read.

Enjoy! (I don't think it will be too sad, mainly because I had to make some of it move faster. But who knows! (I know))

So, SPOILERS! WARNING WARNING WARNING!

T'Challa finally discovered a way for Bucky to be helped of the brainwashing, and you were that discovery.

You were contacted by T'Challa personally and unexpectedly.

You were a psychiatrist just beginning to practice, and was very hesitant to accept his offer. But he knew about your impressive schooling career and your focus on PTSD and other mental disorders. He thought you would be the only person to save Bucky.

----

When you arrived at the complex, you grew very nervous. But just a few seconds after stopping, the door opened to T'Challa.

"Your Highness," you said immediately after stepping out of the car.

"(Y/N), welcome. Come inside, I'll explain everything while on the way up." He stated as he began to lead you inside. "This project must be kept confidential as well, and everything I tell you must stay here."

----

"To begin, the place we are in is the location of the Panther Tribe. It is an ancient tribe and I am currently the warrior of. Not many know of this place or the Panthers, but we hold a lot of power."

You nodded along as he continued to explain the history of the Panthers, so fascinated by the entire facility and story.

"Now, why you were brought here was for a man named Bucky. He was used by HYDRA, as you may have heard from the news, to be an assassin. While he is wanted for the Vienna explosion, he did not actually do it. It was another man. But Bucky is a victim. But he believes himself a danger." He said as the two of you ended up in front of him in the cryofreeze. "So we waited until we could find a solution."

"And that's me."

"Yes. You have the potential to reverse the brainwashing and change his mind."

You breathed out, beginning to become overwhelmed by what was happening.

"I know it will be challenging, but we all believe in you. And just so you know, Bucky voluntarily put himself in there. When he comes out for you, he shouldn't cause a danger for you. Now," the two of you began to walk away from Bucky, "we have a room for you and an office space. You can have as much time as you need to figure out what to do."

"Thank you, your highness..."

"Please, we'll see each other a lot, you can call me T,Challa."

"Alright, T,Challa, thank you. I hope I can do whatever I can. Could I just have a day to process all of this and relax?"

"Of course, we want you to be as comfortable and successful as you can. I'll show you to your rooms."

----

Once you were alone in your room, you flopped onto your bed.

How were you here? Why you? Are you actually going to be able to do this?

So many questions ran through your mind. But after a bit, you finally breathed out, knowing you couldn't answer those questions right now.

----

For for the next hour, you just relaxed in your room. You laid down for a bit, then unpacked and explored your room.

It was so nice, nicer than any place you've ever slept in.

Off to the side was an office, which held a desk, chair, computer, and lots of space. Which was good, because you'd need it with all the research you would be doing.

But when you stepped closer to the desk, you noticed some files and paper with a note on top.

"These should help. And thank you."

----

You let out a huge sigh. Having just read all about Bucky's past, you were even more overwhelmed than before. Going from the war to HYDRA, to what has happened recently, you felt like you knew everything about him.

But that wasn't true, and you were aware of that.

----

After days of exploring the files further and making connections, you felt like you were making progress. You were finally understanding how HYDRA did the brainwashing.

Complete isolation and forced cooperation were huge factors.

But knowing more about Bucky made you feel the need to visit him.

----

You arrived in front of the cryofreeze tube, just staring at him.

You felt an odd connection to him, even though you had never met.

"It weird to see, isn't it?" You turned to see the one and only Steve Rogers. He too staring only at Bucky.

"Yeah," you sighed.

"Are you here to help him?" He asked, concerned.

"I am. T'Challa contacted me."

"I'm glad you're here. If he believes in you, I do too. I hope you can help him."

"Me too..."

----

Finally, after weeks and weeks of research, experiments and other techniques, you think you have a possible solution.

This would require a lot of compliance, but hopefully it will work.

----

You arrived in front of the cryofreeze and asked the man controlling it to open it.

He complied, warming the tube, opening the glass, and releasing the restraints.

----

It took a bit of time for Bucky to become fully conscious. And once he did, you introduced yourself.

"Hello, Bucky. I'm here to help you,"

----

"Hi," he was still hesitant, just not sure of his surroundings yet.

"T'Challa contacted me. I'm a psychiatrist and have been researching you. I've read every file I've had access to and done outside research." You tried to smile at him, but he still seemed hesitant. "Here," you loosened up, "do you want to follow me and we can talk more?"

He nodded and you walked toward a conference room.

----

Closing the door behind you, you went around the table to face Bucky.

"So, where do we start?" Bucky asked quietly.

A/N - Alright! So part one done. I know not much has happened, but I didn't want to cram everything into one chapter.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed this and enjoy the next one!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.6K 753 31
Avengers oneshots but mostly SamBucky oneshots (domestic/on the mission/angst/ fluff/ a lil smut)
600 20 6
[completed] [published 2016] [unedited] Bucky hated the Soldier and the way he killed without flinching. The Soldier hated Bucky and the way he car...
1.3M 20.2K 49
A few one shots and short stories of SteveXBucky (: Stucky!!! Cover art credits: Found on tumblr o.O
31.9K 1.3K 8
Short Story X reader of the one and Only James B. Barnes. You're a doctor living in New York, doing your best to help injured veterans adjust to thei...