Reese

By Jordiee_

Sequel to; Finding Love In The Food Isle. In most normal love stories you get a man and a women who love each... More

Chapter 1 - Such a girl
Chapter 2 - Text messages
Chapter 3 - I'm messed up
Chapter 4 - Talk with Zayn
Chapter 5 - Surprise
Chapter 6 - Emotional
Chapter 7 - Reese's Story
Chapter 8 - Hey Harry
Chapter 9 - I need to tell you something...
Chapter 10 - The word 'love'.
Chapter 11 - "Stay, Ri."
Chapter 12 - It's on like Donkey Kong.
Chapter 13 - Discharged
Chapter 14 - He talks to his penis
Chapter 15 - Jesus Christ, the drama!
Chapter 16 - Should I?
Chapter 17 - I can't do this anymore
Chapter 18 - I want to go back
Chapter 19 - Here comes the pity party
Chapter 20 - Valentines Day {Part 1}
Chapter 21 - Valentines Day {Part 2}
Chapter 22 - Valentines Day {Part 3}
Chapter 23 - I care for you
Chapter 24 - Together
Chapter 25 - I Am Determined
Chapter 26 - Your voice keeps me sane
Chapter 27 - Enough
Chapter 28 - I'm out
Chapter 29 - To the airport
Chapter 30 - Sappiness
Chapter 31 - Are you smelling my hair?
Chapter 32 - Take the wheel
Chapter 33 - Remember
Chapter 34 - Paranoia
Chapter 35 - Dip-dyed
Chapter 36 - Right Now
Chapter 37 - Batman
Chapter 39 - Rather a beautiful sight
Chapter 40 - Epilogue (Part One)
Chapter 41 - Epilogue (Part two)

Chapter 38 - The Girl With The Red Tips

85 5 0
By Jordiee_

Harry's P.O.V

Listening to her stories, my eyes begin to droop. The girl with the red tips lay on my double bed, her body slowly relaxing as she succumbed to the  persuasive mattress that held her body so lovingly. The bandage on her forehead where the deep gash lay, indenting her skin.

I'm extremely tired, yet I don't want to sleep. I find her too interesting. The way her accent rounds off the words she says so slowly and luxuriously - unlike the English accent, which I think can sound rather harsh at times.

I'm not sure whether I like her yet, I find her interesting but... I don't know.  I seem to have mixed emotions over the feelings side of my interest in her. She's clever,  witty,  sly and has a way with words. She makes me feel empowered, or hold an enormous amount of respect for her.

I don't know why she does this to me. It must be what she's gone through recently. I couldn't believe what she was saying when she first told me.

It was like listening to someone's nightmare, except it wasn't created from their imagination. It was real.

F L A S H B A C K

"Come on, come and rest in here. You look absolutely knackered, love." I told her, holding open my hotel bedroom door after coming back from the interview the boys and I had to do.

"Are you sure?" She timidly asked, holding her head. My guess was she felt a little disorientated after flying through the heaviest doors I've ever seen and into a waiter who was carrying a tray full of food.

I smiled kindly, "Course, I'm free for the rest of the day anyway.  We can hang out! " I offered, shutting the door and slipping my shoes off.

She glared at me suspiciously.

...

"What?" I asked.

She shook her head and muttered something under her breath. "Is the reason you're being so nice because members of management and security want my background info before I stay too long? " She finally asked, standing at the side of the bed.

I frowned, "No, it's not. I genuinely feel that you need to rest." I say, almost in a monotone whilst the sense of the whole 'judging a book by its cover" feeling slips away from me. "I can see why you'd think that  though." I sigh,  shrugging my shoulders and grabbing two glasses.  "Drink?"

"Water please." She states. I turn around and find her completely flat out on my bed, her arm over her eyes whilst she breathes heavily.  Suddenly I am struck with worry as I wonder if she's crying, but eventually she takes her hands away, not looking any different to what she did about five minutes ago.

I take the glasses over to her, hand her one before I hop up onto my bed, resting my head on the pillow and letting out a satisfied sigh. There's a long silence before I begin to hear her humming to herself. I vaguely recognise it, but not enough to hum along too.

"So I'm guessing you want an explanation?" She questions, her eyes fixed onto the ceiling. Her fingers tapping on the top of the white duvet.

I shrugged, "Yeah I do, but I don't need it now if you don't want to tell me." I take a sip of the water, pausing whilst I feel it trickle down my throat and land in the pit of my stomach. I should've eaten more than just a banana today.

I stare at the wall in front of me, until movement in the corner of my eye forces me to look at it. It was her. She was no longer staring at the ceiling, she was looking at me. Her piercing blue eyes swapping from my left to my right eye as she searches my facial features for answers.

"Why are you so suspicious?" I chuckle, "It's like, I could say absolutely anything and you wouldn't believe me."

She sighs and looks away.  "It's not you,  Harry. It's just I'm so used to the guys I talk to in Ohio being such jerks, but you british people... you're so polite, I have to be suspicious. In fact, it would be kinda naïve not to be."

I don't know what to say,  so I just look back at the wall and try to hum the same tune she was humming - not that I remembered it.

"Did Liam tell you everything about that night you went off with Serena and I dragged him into a field?" She bursts out.

I'm momentarily shocked at the new information. Liam? Dragged into a field by a hot girl? What?

"What?" I ask, utterly gobsmacked.

Her eyebrows raise in surprise as she slowly sits up, turning towards me, and as stiff as a porcelain doll that couldn't twist from the neck, she stares a my blank expression for about two minutes - obviously waiting for me to do something.

I didn't.

"Do I actually have to tell you everything?" She groans, her eyebrows twisting upwards in a very superior manner.

I shrug. "Urm... We-well, I guess you don't hav- No. No you don't have to tell me everything." I mock her voice, "All I want is an explanation, Jessie. Believe it or not, following someone across America, and then bursting in on them whilst having breakfast - and asking the love of their life to be their girlfriend - isn't really classed as the norm." I tease.

She rolls her eyes, but I see faint signs of the sides of her mouth picking up. This boosts my confidence and I send her a friendly smile. All of a sudden her eyes go wide. "Wait, Liam was asking Reese to be his girlfriend?"

Oh dear.

"Yeah..." I trail off, not really knowing what kind of reaction I expect out of her.

Her eyes look genuinely happy. "That's great!" She cheers.

I smile and nod to her happiness,  but am quick to change the subject again. "So...? You ready to tell me?"

F L A S H B A C K    F I N I S H E D

She told me everything. From the 'watching me take Serena into a booth', to the 'unconscious ex fiance and hooking glass out of Liam's hip'. All in all, it sounds incredibly exciting and a part of me wishes I had been there.

"Right so, why are you here now?" I ask.

"Because James is literally hunting me down and I can't go back there." She blurts out without hesitation. She suddenly begins to stutter as she says the next few words, "...And my parents are on holiday together so, Liam was the first and only person I thought to turn to. It didn't matter that we only knew each other for about four hours... I trust him."

My eyes are positioned on her face, but my mind is somewhere else. "Me too." I barely whisper.

"What?" She calls.

I gently pull myself out of the trance and look at her deeply, "You trust me too, I guess. Otherwise you wouldn't have told me that."

She frowns as her eyes pull away from mine and inspect my face and body again,  except in thorough detail. She smiles,  "Yeah," She chuckles, "I guess I do."

Mark's P.O.V

The door bell goes.

I silently drag myself up from the floor and quietly open the door. I see a figure in a dark blue polo shirt with a blonde ponytail running down her back as she hauls the six packs out of a plastic basket. She's just a Tesco delivery girl, but her appearance messes with me, it takes me several minutes to even just try and awaken into the reality of this. Let alone find the right amount of change I needed to give her.

She reminds me of Reese.

I don't know where she is.

I don't know how she got there.

I don't know whether she's safe.

I don't know whether she's happy.

I don't know anything anymore.  Not after she left.

After she left I went mad. Smashing china plates on the cold, tiled kitchen floor. Punching walls as hard as I could - hoping to forget the pain, hoping to release it. I sat alone in my house, always a bottle of something in hand. Always.

I never realised how much I needed her. She bought all the medicines and vegetables. She looked after me - more than I realised.

I finally found the change and watched as the ponytail girl walked away. Holding the two packs of six packs, I fell down the wall. The sob in my throat threatening to ģive way as I heard the faint car engine roar to life from the road.

I know I was too possessive, I knew that. I couldn't stop myself. I was so scared that she'd harm herself again; that she'd leave me.

Now look where that got me.

I force open the top of the beer can with my numb fingers. Glugging the sour liquid down my dry throat.

She's one heck of a girl, you know. I just wish she was mine-

Wanted to be mine.

------------------------------

AH ONLY ONE MORE CHAPTER UNTIL THE EPILOGUE!

I hope you liked this, a new perspective aye? ;p

Please comment, vote and followww :3

I love you

Jordie xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

248 35 11
"I can't be with you." I won't let them take the one good thing in my life. "Yes, you can Davis." Just one touch from him and it feels like anything...
5.8K 205 20
He has had enough with the fame. Always being under the spotlight, being judged whereas all he wants to do is to be himself. He hates trying to make...
95K 7.5K 79
[Featured by wattpad romance, teen fiction, young adult and psychologicalnovel] Joy Jones was a seventeen-year-old kind and optimistic girl working...
20.2K 800 19
Michael and Liam are madly in love. Or so they think. How madly in love could you be when you've only just started talking? Liam has always been a he...