The French Bride

By literallylikeuh

Disclaimer: this story is not mine I did not write it the original author and owner is marina ka-fai on fanfi... More

Where Everything Changes
The French Fiancee
An astonishing new queen
A devoted and caring mother
The most happy
King and friend
News for the royal family
God sent us well to keep
Senper Eadem
God is all love
Miracles
Small means of redemption
Behind her smile
The kingdom and the glory
Long live queen marina
Treason
Truth
A new child
Princesses of England
A New Generation
Epilogue

To the future

5.8K 111 4
By literallylikeuh

  89 Chapter 10: To the future
Hello guys! English, it is not my motherly language, I'm French so I apologize if there are some mistakes. Don't hesitate to tell me where they are so that I can improve.

This is my first full length fiction, with chapters, I hope it will please you. It is a AU where Katherine Howard does not marry Henry and where Cromwell is spared. Instead of Katherine, Henry marries a french noble lady, on the advice of Cromwell.

I hope my little story will please you..

Sincerely
Marina Ka-Fai

XXXXXXXXX

The French Bride

Chapter10: To the future

It became an habit for Henry to join Marina whenever he had the occasion to do so. He loved to be with her. And he was impatient to see their babies, even if Marina was only at her third month of pregnancy. He took her for a walk, being very careful, he did not want het to lose their children. He found her as regal as ever, wearing a brown gown with a silver necklace. She greeted him with a smile, as she always did.

' Yesterday must have been hard for you. How are you feeling today, Sweetheart?'

' I feel very well, Husband. And I have had the pleasure of recieving our son, Edward. He thanks you for the gifts you sent him.'

Henry smiled. He loved his son deeply and imagining his smile on his face always made the king's day. Marina waited for the guards to be a bit away from them before explaining to the king what was going on with Edward. And it horrified the man. He felt terrible. Was he a bad father? He hurt his eldest daughter, neglected his second one and he made his son depressed. If he remained away from the boy, it was because he had business of state of course but, he feared to give him some illness since he was not healthy.

' What can I do ?' He asked to hiw wife

' He said that he desires to see you more, to spend time with you. Try to do things with him. I don't really know what though. He is too young to go on a hunt. Maybe you could play with him, go out with him, show him your realm. And talk to him. About Queen Jane.'

It was simple and yet it was certainly the most effective. He kissed his wife.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Charles visited the Queen's room. He bowed deeply to the young woman.

' Your Majesty, I have come as a future son-in-law to ask for his mother's blessing.'

It made Marina smile. She could be Charles' daughter!

' Arise Your Grace. I give you my blessing freely. As I give you my love. I just ask you to give to my dear daughter Mary the happiness she deserves.'

' I promise to Your Majesty that I will do the impossible for that.'

Marina understood a bit what was going on in Charles'mind. She listened to Court's gossip about heresy, religion, and the story of Charles' ex wife being a lutherian while her husband and stepchildren were catholics had shocked her. She understood that Charles would let Mary practicing her religion freely. And she had the desire to be a good queen when she arrived, so she learnt all that she could about the most important people at Court. She knew about Charles' past, how he made Wolsey fall, that he remained by Queen Catherine's side, his friendship with Eustace Chapuys. She knew that Mary would be happy with him.

' I trust you Your Grace. And so does my husband the king.'

' It honours me Your Majesty.'

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Three months later

' We are gathered here to join in Holy Matrimony thism an and this woman, under the eyes of God. If anyone is against this union, he may speak now or remain silent for eternity.'

Henry looked at his daughter. He was so proud of her! She looked so beautiful! Mary was wearing a purple gown with a collar made of gold and subies. Her hair was curled and down, her tiara was like the collar. She seemed so happy! He looked quickly to Elizabeth, who was wearing a lovely green gown, her bodice decorated with flowers, her red hair down. Edward was standing next to her, he was wearing a black outfil with the collar he offered him. Henry did what Marina adviced him to do and he had to admit he loved that. His relationship with him warmed up, he seems trully happy and now, his son knew that he was not his mother's murderer. Marina was by his side. She looked trully happy for Mary and Charles, a smile on her face, her right hand upon her swollen belly. Her pregnancy was tiring but she would not have missed this wedding for nothing in this world.

Finally, Lady Mary Tudor became Mary Brandon, Duchess of Suffolk, beloved daughter of Henry VIII, king of England, Ireland and France, Head of the Church of England and Defender of the faith and of Marina Tudor, née de Champagne, Queen of England. Henry planned magnificent celebrations for this event, legitimate daughter or not. The king looked at his daughter, dancing with her husband. He realized that Mary was a grown woman. He always saw her as a little girl, his pearl, he did not want her to grow up. But he knew she was going to be alright with Charles. And he knew that Mary was going to make Charles happy.

' They are just perfect together, don't you think Henry?' Marina asked

' Indeed they are. And so are you.' He answered, kissing her hand.

The couple looked at Edward, dancing with Elizabeth.

' You know, Sweetheart, I really thank God for this marriage, for since you arrived in England, everything in my life got better. My family's life, my leg... You are an Angel sent by God.'

' And I thank God for giving me such a loving husband and such marvelloud children, alive and to come. And I thank Mister Cromwell. I would like to honour him.'

' How so?'

' With your permission, I would like him to be one of our children's godfather.'

This idea made Henry remembrerd that he honoured Wolsey by making him Mary's godfather. Why not after all?

' You have my permission, my love.'

Edward Seymour heard them. Cromwell was back in the king's good graces. He got higher than before. And he was going to be linked to the royal family. Secretly, he prayed for Marina's babies to be all daughters. Henry would divorce her and Cromwell would fall. He sighed. Was it so important after all? Jane gave the king Edward. The Seymours would always be linked to the Tudors. They would always be in the highest families of England. And his wife, Anne, was pregnant. He was certain that the child was his. By playing too much, he could lose everything and this baby would live in poverty. It was time to be a bit more adult.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Mary and Charles arrived in Suffolk one week later and the new Mrs Brandon finally met her stepchildren. Eleanor was regal, she looked like Margaret but yet, she had Charles' eyes. Frances had more from Charles and Henry was definitly a little Charles Brandon. They greeted her properly. They immediately got on well. Mary felt she was going to feel at ease in Suffolk. Her husband assured her that if she did not want to, he would not force her in sexual intercourses.

' Consider yourself as Queen of Suffolk.' He told her

' You are my husband, so you are the king of Suffolk and I must obey to your orders.' She replied

' No, it is different here. It is not a kingdom but a queendom, so I must follow your orders.'

She did not feel ready for this part of her marriage but she prayed God to be one day ready, because she wanted to thank Charles for his kindness towards her. She wanted to thank him with a baby.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

The whole Court was quite amazed. The Queen was with child, she could not give herself to her husband, and yet, the king did not take a mistress. Henry did not feel any need for it. He went to see her, to tell her that he was going out with Edward on a ride, so she did not have to worry if she searched for him and did not find him. She was embroidering sheets for the babies, with the Tudors' symbols.

' Be careful on your road.' She softly adviced

' We will, my love. I asked Cromwell to visit you.'

Marina nodded. Henry left her and Cromwell arrived about one hour later. She got up to great him. He bowed.

' My Lord.'

' Your Majesty. His Majesty the king asked me to come about your coronation.'

' You may speak.'

' The preparations are going very well. His majesty thinks it would be better for you to be crowned about two months after the birth of your children.'

' It is very well. Thank you Mister Cromwell.'

' His Majesty also told me that you desired to speak to me.'

Marina sat, feeling tired.

' I beg you to forgive me, Mister Cromwell.'

' It is natural Your Majesty.'

' Indeed, I wanted to speak to you. I never had the chance to thank you for everything that you have done for our marriage and for our happiness. I want to honour you.'

Cromwell felt pleased, but a bit ill-at-ease, he did nothing more than his job.

' My husband and I would like you to be one of our children's godfather.'

It left the secretary speechless. Godfather to a prince or a princess of England!

' I would be more than honoured and happy to be one of your children's godfather. I thank Your Majesties.'

Marina smiled and Cromwell left. She felt her children kicking. She put her hands upon her belly.

' I can't wait to see you, my precious loves.' She whispered

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249K 7.4K 62
The year is 1464. The War of the Roses rages on; a great showdown between Lancaster and York. Yet, asleep in her bed, fiery-haired Melissa Woodville...
195M 4.6M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
53.5M 1.6M 63
[#1 Teen Fiction | #1 in Romance] Bad boy Luke Dawson is stuck living with clumsy nobody Millie Ripley for the summer. When she ran over his most p...
402K 8.8K 60
You know how a story ends but you don't know how it starts, to get to the core of the story you have to go back to the beginning. After the death o...