Wasteland

By adaugherty8390

"A witch to burn at the stake. An elf to burn and break. A psychic to make our futures bright. And a warlock... More

1 year earlier

Prolouge

23 1 0
By adaugherty8390

Her scream was muffled by water. Gasps and yelling were everywhere when her head wasn't submerged. She was Coughing up water from her lungs because for some reason they decided to kick her while she was underwater. They were touching her, fingers laced in her hair. Their finger tips dug into her skin and bruised just like everyone else's did. She would be crying but she's pretty sure crying under water is impossible, so instead she's drowning just like Desmond did for years.

She's pulled out. Her head hits the concrete below her. She hears vague yelling but it's not really processing. She was too busy coughing up water to hear. Her knees were hurting from the gravel digging into them. Her hands were bleeding from scratching the concrete blocks surrounding the pool of water. "How long?" She finally heard a deep voice yell. "How long what?" She asked gruffly. "How long have you been apart of their group?" "I'm not apart of any fuck-." She yelled but was cut off by her head being submerged in water. She felt the tension start in her neck, the blood rushing to her face. No no no. Not right now please God not right now. She was pulled out and her vision went white.

Serena laid there, screaming in agony. Killian was strung up being whipped. He was standing there, eyes pale blue and skin bloody and burnt. He stared at you, blood running down his body. His voice was broken and cracked as he said "Lydia." Before He collapsed to the ground.

Her vision came back and she gasped for air. She coughed up water, blood, and bile. People stood around her, staring. Her body was soaked and her face and chest were matted with blood. She struggled for air as three strong people picked her up and started dragging her. Her heels caught glass and gravel and screams ripped from you lungs. She kicked her feet on the ground like a toddler throwing a tantrum. She clawed at the hands gripping her faded green shirt. Tears crashed like waves on her freckled face. The pain from her vision was still aching in her frail body but the bleeding had stopped. They threw her into a wall, two backing away in fear, the other gripping her blood-matted black hair and screaming at her face. His disgusting breath and thick spit sprayed her face. She moved her head to try and breathe but he just screamed louder and pulled harder. She could feel her hair falling out and blood coming from where her head hit the wall.  The aftershock of the vision was still vibrating in her bones in a way she would never get used to and never come to enjoy. She gripped tightly to the shirt, willing herself to open her eyes. His screams were relentless. She opened her eyes and was met by a pair of brown ones, much like her own. He hit her head against the wall again. She caught some of what he was saying "don't fucking look at me." His Australian accent was heavy and thick. Exhaustion was seeping into her bones, the shock of seeing had finally worn off. "Come on, sweet cheeks." He said. "I think we're gonna have some fun for a while." Two of his large and fat fingers shoved their way into her mouth. She felt something like a pill or some type of dissolvable paper forced into her mouth. Soon Waves of nausea ripped through her and a headache started. Her vision became blurry and her palms were sweaty. Hard hands were back on her already bruise arms as she was dragged again. She let her heavy head drop back as she fought to stay awake. Her mouth was dry. Her eyes shut slowly as she fell asleep.

She woke with a scream. Memories rampaged through her mind, the feeling of them on her skin. Her blood churning scream tore through her as she tried to get up. The screams soon turned to sobs, she had a crick in her neck from where she had been sleeping in this wooden chair. Her arms and legs were tied to it. Her eyes were covered in a soft cloth. "Lydia." She heard a ghost whisper. She stopped breathing. "Lydia." It said louder. "Lydia Michelle Lanister." A deep voice said as she heard the door open. Feet shuffled around her and suddenly stopped. "You're gonna tell us everything you know." The deep voice said. She heard metal clanking around her. "And trust me, you will tell me every little thing you know." The deep voice said again, but with the press of something burning against her forearm. A scream erupted from Lydia's lungs as the hot metal scorched her skin. She felt tears start to fall. "Let's start with something simple." The voice said. The burning stopped. "I-" Lydia gasped out. "Don't know. Anything." She said, voice gravelly and broken. "I'm not apart of the regime and I never was." The burning metal was pressed into her thigh now. A scream ripped through her again. "When did you meet Desmond?" It asked, pulling the hot metal off of her body. Lydia strained against her binding, trying to lunge at the voice. "Don't." It said, pressing the metal to her neck now. Hot tears poured down her face. "Tell me. Now." Lydia choked on her tears as she shook her head. "I'm not telling you shit." She choked out. The metal once again returned to her flesh as she screamed.

"Lydia,  just give up." The voice said, sounding tired. She was crying but trying so hard to conceal it. She could survive this. They sacrificed so much more for her. They died for her, she can handle this. Anyways, her mom always said she didn't raise a little bitch. She could handle this. The metallic pressed to her skin with a hiss. Lydia looked down at her scorched skin. It was red and disgusting. They had taken the cloth off her eyes about an hour before. "We'll kill more." She heard a new voice come from the door. She looked up to see a dark skinned woman wearing grey slacks. "We will. It'll be all your fault. Just tell us what happened Lydia." She said, uninterested. "Who?" Lydia said. "Beings. Your friends. Your family." Lydia's eyes went wide. "They're dead." She whispered. The woman merely shook her head. "3 boys and one girl. Still alive and healthy. And they'll stay that way. Just tell us what happened. Where this started. When. How." Lydia's mouth went dry. "Who?" "Serena Beauregard-" Lydia's heart leaped. "Dane Lanister." Her heart sank. "Aiden and Gregory St.Clair-" "it's Marie." Lydia growled. "And they're kids. You're gonna torture kids?" Lydia screamed. "We won't if you tell us what happened." She said with a cool voice, looking at Lydia. Lydia thought for a the moment. About the odds. About who died. Who lived. Should she really risk it, the safety of the regime, for her family? Lydia nodded. Breaking. She hated herself for this decision. But what else was she going to do. "I'll tell you. I'll tell you everything but I swear to god if you touch then I will kill you." "You would die trying." She said, sitting in a chair pulled up by a soldier. "I wouldn't care." Lydia said, sitting back. 
She took a ragged, deep breathe. Her heart was going to beat out of her chest. Could they tell? She looked around the room in front of her. Everyone's eyes were on her. "Go." The man who had been burning her said. Gathering her courage, she began.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Jaan By Monika

Teen Fiction

1.5M 83.7K 53
It can be read as stand alone book. Sequel of "Lost Mafia Princess" (UNDER EDITING) Two individuals, different country, different culture, different...
85.5K 2K 13
𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑜𝑛𝑦𝑚𝑜𝑢𝑠 𝑤𝑒𝑏𝑠𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑚𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑦. 𝐴𝑟𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠? 𝐻𝑎𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎 𝑠𝑢...
89.1K 6.5K 43
jlv
459K 15.5K 53
"My mother named me Miracle, but I am anything but a miracle in her and our family's life. I am a mistake. I am a product of a heinous crime." Miracl...