Love Not Lost

By 7_habits

Love Not Lost (Being edited) Second book is in the works. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
*Author's Note* (kinda important)
Sequel!!!

Chapter 6

170 8 4
By 7_habits

"Ok students, take your seats. I know that you all are ready for summer and can't even think about doing any work BUT I have an assignment to hand out" Mrs.Goldsby began as everyone in the class groaned. She laughed before she passed the project rubrics down the isles. I read it over as she continued to explain what it was we had to do.

"I will assign each of you a partner and you two will receive a product. It can be anywhere from soap to door knobs to curtains. You will have to give it a new, clever name and a new purpose, almost as if it is a new invention. Once you have decided what your product is called and what it is for, you will advertise all over the school and whoever gets the most publicity and customers you get an extra 50 points added to your grade. This grade will count as your final exam." She explained while writing the criteria that was on the rubric on the board. I sighed as I realized that every time we did anything in partners she'd pair me up with a girl named Marisa. She'd never do her part and sat around waiting for me to finish it and I usually would have to do the whole assignment myself to get a good grade on it. By the time I finished my part and hers she'd write her name right under mine and receive credit for my work. If she'd pair me up with her again I'd have to take matters into my own hands.

"I decided to switch up the partners this time so sit quietly while I go grab the copies of your products." She intruded making me feel relieved. Although I wasn't going to be paired with Marisa, I was kind of worried for who I was going to be with. I occupied myself by tapping my pen against the desk and waited for my teacher to come back as students began to talk across the room.

"Anthony, you're with Andre, Chloe, you're with Marisa, Keshawn, you're with Taylor, Xavier, you're with Nyla..." She began propping herself up on her desk. I looked around the room to see whoever Xavier was, not recognizing anyone.

"Alrightie, get with your partners. You have until the end of the class to start brainstorming ideas after that there will be no more class time dedicated to finishing this project. It is due Tuesday morning as soon as that tardy bell rings. " she explained making me roll my eyes. Mrs.Goldsby was a strict teacher and even though she was, I at least expected her to give us a little bit of a break.

"Nyla, right?" A boy coming up from behind me asked before sitting backwards in the chair in front of me folding his arms against the back of the seat. I nodded not really paying attention to him as I read over the rubric.

"What product do you think we'll get?" He asked me. His voice was deeper than I had noticed before causing me to look up. He had a small goatee and a head full of curls. Caramel boys were never really my interest but Xavier was looking good right about then.

"Uh I'm not sure. Hopefully something easy...Hey were you in this class the whole semester? " I confirmed squinting my eyes. During my whole time in that class I'd never noticed this man, which was weird because he was a cutie.

"Yea, we were in Physics together last year and AP world history II tenth grade year" he explained kind of embarrassed that I hadn't recognized him. I started to feel bad seeing as though after three years of us being in the same classes I hadn't paid him any attention. I finished awkwardly with an 'Oh' before our teacher set a photo of our product on my desk. He looked down at the picture of an egg carton then back up at me.

"This is probably the easiest one" Xavier stated pulling out a sheet of paper and a pen.

By the end of class we thought of about seven different ideas to use for the egg carton. Xavier was very creative and intelligent despite what you'd think . He suggested things that I wouldn't even have thought about. He had kind of a playboy type vibe but when he opened his mouth it was a whole different story.

"So how do you want to coordinate this? You come to my house? I go to yours? We meet somewhere?" He asked me looking into my eyes after gently grabbing my arm as I was about to exit the classroom.

"Um here I'll just give you my number and we can talk about it." I suggested as he smirked a little and got his phone out of his back pocket. Unlocking it he handed it to me and I typed my name and number into the contact boxes before saying goodbye and leaving to my next class.
*

Eh kinda wack but, Comment and vote!

-M✨

In multimedia:
Mrs. Valentina, Valerie's mom

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 17.5K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
10.2M 508K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
6.6M 181K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
11.9M 521K 74
◤ SEMIDEUS SAGA #02 ◢ Elysian Oracle - the oracle of Elysium, the highest oracle of the realms. The Alphas know it isn't over. The Gods are cons...