One-Shots || Ajin x Reader

By supermiinah

A series of [short] one-shots for Kei, Kou, and Kai. Simple as that. Includes various prompts and headcanons... More

Kei || [F] Advices
Kei || [A] Error
Kou || [F] Acrophobia
Kou || [F] Glow
Kei & Kou || [L] Boredom
Kei & Kou || [L] Meeting Room
Kei || [A] Hate
Kei || [F] Hypnotic
Kei || [A] Caffeine
Kei || [F] Hero
Kou || [F] Promises
Kou || [A] Going Crazy
Kei || [A/F] How Do You Sleep?
Kou || [A] Crossfire
Kou || [A/F] Fears
Kou || [A] Fears Pt. 2
A/N: Requests?
Kei || [L/F] Poison
Kai || [L/F] Natural
Kei/Kai/Kou || [L] Headcanons
Kei/Kai/Kou || [L] Headcanons 2
Kei/Kai/Kou || [L] Headcanons 3
Kei/Kai/Kou || [L] Headcanons 4
Kai || [F] Sing Me a Lullaby
Kai || [A] Without You
A/N: Massive Typo
Kei || [A] In My Blood
Kai || [F] Break the Silence
A/N: readers...
A/N: Chapter 43
Kei/Kai/Kou || [L] Headcanons 5
Kei/Kai/Kou || [F] Headcanons 6
Kei/Kai/Kou || [L] Scenario
Author's Note
Kai || [F] Run Away
Kei || [F] So Bad
Kou || [A/F] Useless
Kei || [A/F] Human
Kei || [T/H] Save Me
Kei || [H] Inhuman
Kei || [F] Headcanons
a/n: episode 3???
Kai || [A] Lying to You
a/n: live action movie
author's note
Kei || [A] Like We Use To
Kei/Kai/Kou || [F] Scenario
Kei || [A/T] Battlegrounds
Kei || [A] Goodbye
Kei/Kai || [F] Scenario
Kei || [A/T] Everything is Okay
Satou || [?] Shield
Kei || [Y] This is Not Love
Satou || [Y/H] Hide and Seek
Kei/Kou || [?] Scenario
Satou || [H] Hide and Seek || 2
Important Update

Kai || [F] Burned

10K 145 19
By supermiinah

a/n: thank you so much for the 1k reads. one day it was nearly around 700 then it suddenly went up to 1k like ????? (makes weird whale noises)

sorry if this is bad.

UPDATE: I HAD TO REARRANGE THE CHAPTERS BECAUSE PEOPLE BE RUDE :V

        That's what happened when you mix the two; you were the match and he was the gasoline. You don't know how things ended up like this. The match was set and thrown to the gasoline, causing fire to burn everything down to ashes. That is what it felt like to you. The fight, the break up, it caused a destruction not only to your love life, but as well as to yourself emotionally.

You got burned from this cause and so these scars would never leave your heart, you thought.

That's what happens when matches play with gasoline.

"[F/N]?"

You perk up to the sound of his voice; the voice you haven't heard in such a long time. Turning your head, you meet eyes with soft, warming ones. It had been nearly over two years since you've last properly came face-to-face with Kaito.

"I didn't expect to see you here," he smiles softly as if the time distance between you two had never existed. Nonetheless, you still felt awkward to see him so suddenly.

He takes a spot next to you in the grass, looking off over the cliff side of the setting sun rising down as if it was dipping into the orange, glistening waters. The blond male notices you're now avoiding eye contact with him and you still haven't spoken since he got here.

Sure, you two had grown distant since you dated your (now ex) boyfriend, but he wasn't expecting much anyway.

"You know I'm still a friend."

Your two eyes blink, a little surprised at his choice of words. Honestly, you were internally debating if you two were. You're such a shit friend and a shit girlfriend you know, you scold yourself. You felt like you didn't deserve Kaito as a friend. Especially since you two had known each other at a young age.

"And if you don't want to talk about it; that's fine. I'm still willing to listen, but take your time. Things take time and you got all the time you need."

Your head turns over to look at the boy slightly, tears nearly escaping your eyes as you look upon the kindest smile on the boy's face. He reaches over and ruffles at your hair. Just like how he always had back then. He hasn't changed one bit and you thanked god for that.

"Thanks," you shyly mutter at him.

Kaito is thankful to hear your voice after so long and if anything, he wants to smile in glee for it, but it's instantly crushed when there's an off-ness to you. You're different from before; no longer radiating, no longer lively. And even if you were to smile right now, genuinely at him, it wasn't the same you he grew up knowing to this day.

A sigh leaves your lips.

"We fought today," you began suddenly. The male knows immediately it's that guy you had been dating for these two years.

"He confessed to me... About cheating," you continue as you tuck a hair behind your ear, the wind blowing against your figure ever so gently,"We started arguing over who was right. He said he was honestly sorry for his mistakes and wanted to come out clean, but I don't know."

You rub at your arm nervously at recalling the pain in your chest upon hearing your ex-boyfriend confess.

"I guess... It's just we've been together for so long and to suddenly gain interest in someone else...? It probably doesn't make sense, I'm sorry."

His wide brown eyes blink at you. "No! It's perfectly fine. I'm just not sure how to help.."

The boy chews at his bottom lip, unable to pick heads or tails in his own thoughts as you end up looking at the ocean with your distant eyes.

For so long, he has liked you, admired you, and adored you. He feels his heart swell up with so many emotions when he sees you, hell, even when he thinks of you. When you smile, his swelling heart would just burst into tiny pieces a million times over; not that it was a bad thing, he claims. But to see you off in someone else's arms. It's not that he was jealous or envious; he was rather pissed.

It could of been any person holding you, but out of all things; to mistreat you was crossing the line.

Kaito hands clench into fists, seeming rather angry at this as his brows scrunch up in rage. Your tears, your cries, they were like an omen to him. Though, you perk up and look back at your friend, noticing the change in his aura.

"It's fine, Kaito.. I'm glad you were here."

His heart swells up again at your words.

"I honestly don't know what I would of done if you weren't here to listen to me."

He cracks a small smile on his face and forgets his anger for a moment. For now, he's focused on you and wanting you to take you away from all this pain. Hesitation fills his mind, but brushes them off as he reaches out to pull you gently into his warm embrace, holding you close.

"I'm always going to be here for you."

You blink, stiff in his arms, but relax soon as you wrap your arms around his frame, resting your forehead on his shoulder as tears silently escape your eyes, finally free. After the destruction of the fight of your relationship, it burned and wiped out everything about you, but returning to Kaito... It was like a wave of water, washing over you to erase every evidence of the aftermath.

He holds onto you tightly as you two stay like that for some time; his heart beating so softly, yet rapidly. Debating whether to confess to you finally, he finally ends up choosing not to right now. He knows soon enough, he'll have his chance.

He will have his chance to love you because he knows that's what you deserve the most.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.2K 586 37
Please enjoy! None of the characters belong to me! None of the art belongs to me either! I don't do lemons or stories with sad endings. I do requests...
136K 1.5K 19
☁︎ ┆ ❝ The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. ❞ As of August 2022, this book is currently undergoing major edi...
25.8K 329 32
This is for the characters that I don't already have books for. Requests are always open. Just message me the details.
4.7K 59 9
Some random oneshots I think of, or get requested :) I don't update this regularly. Don't be confused if I disappear for two months and suddenly pop...