Pursuit of Happiness (Sequel...

By temoalx

Sequel to Pursuit of Fate If we're fated to be together, will we find our pot of happiness at the end of the... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Epilogue
New Book!
Bonus Chapter

Chapter Sixteen

221 16 9
By temoalx

It was the weekend and Seong Im's off day as well. She made plans to spend the day with Hee Gun. When he reached her house, she was still busy getting ready. It wasn't that she was slow, Hee Gun arrived earlier than the time they agreed to meet.

He walked around the house while waiting for Seong Im. Stopping in front of the fridge, he noticed that the brown leaf was no longer there. She probably threw it away, he thought to himself and walked towards her room.

The door was wide open. He stood outside and knocked on the door. "Will be done in a minute," she said and sprayed the floral scented perfume on the underside of her wrists and her neck.

Hee Gun looked at the long sleeves shirt and denim jeans that she was wearing. She still doesn't feel comfortable exposing the scars on her arms and legs in public. He just hope that she will not care about how others look at her.

Seong Im took her bag and sling it over her shoulder. "I'm ready. Let's go," she said, and hook her arm in his.

***

Hee Gun bought two tickets to a comedy movie even though he wasn't a fan of it. He just want to spend the day watching and doing what Seong Im likes.

It has been awhile since Hee Gun stepped foot into a movie theater. He couldn't and didn't had the time to do so since working in the organization meant that the routine were always almost the same and every moves were monitored.

Hee Gun carried the bucket of popcorn and cup of drink while Seong Im lead the way to their seats. She squealed with excitement as the movie was about to start.

Throughout the movie, the whole theater was filled with laughter. Hee Gun glanced at Seong Im a few times. He likes the way she looks when she's engrossed in the movie and the infectious laughter that she breaks into whenever something funny appeared on the screen. He looked at her hand on the armrest and held it before turning back to face the screen.

Seong Im was laughing so much that when the movie ended, her eyes were watery as though she just cried.

"It was a good movie, isn't it?" She asked.

Hee Gun smiled in response; he couldn't answer. He wasn't paying attention to the show. He was only thinking about her.

"Let's have some bingsu," Hee Gun pointed to the bingsu cafe and pulled her along before she could answer him.

They ordered a injeolmi bingsu and sat down at the table by the window. Seong Im scooped a spoonful of shaved ice into her mouth, her eyes were glued to what was happening outside. There was a huge field just outside the cafe. A few groups were playing a game of frisbee. What attracted her attention was people flying kites at the other side of the field.

"Do you want to fly a kite?" Hee Gun noticed that and asked.

"No, it's fine." She half-smiled and shifted her gaze to the bingsu.

Hee Gun wiped his mouth and got up from his seat.

"Let's go," he said and took her bag.

"But we're not done eating yet." Seong Im replied.

Without replying her, Hee Gun grabbed her hand and dragged her out of the cafe. He bought one kite and walked with her to an empty spot in the field.

He passed her the kite reel and took a few steps back with the kite in his hands. She looked at him, still confused with what he was trying to do.

"You ready?" He asked.

Seong Im hesitated before nodding her head.

"3, 2, 1," He jumped and threw the kite upwards.

"Wait wait!" She panicked. Hee Gun hurried over to her side, placing his hands on top of hers, he helped her to control the tension of the string connected to the kite. Once the kite was up and flying steadily, he slowly let go of the kite reel and let her control it by herself.

"It's fun!" Seong Im exclaimed as she watched the kite dart back and forth, following the direction of the wind.

They took turns to fly the kite until it was time to leave. The sky turned into a orange-red hue as the sun begins to set. They loosened the tension of the string and watched as the kite swayed left and right till it touched the ground.

Hee Gun reeled in the kite and picked it up. "Do you want to keep it?" He asked her. Seong Im shook her head. She looked at the young kid who was whining for his parents to buy him a kite in front of her. She took the kite from Hee Gun and approached the kid.

"Hello, little guy. This is for you." She smiled and showed him the kite in her hands. The kid looked at the kite and then at his parents, finally taking it when his parents gave him the permission to do so.

"Thank you, pretty noona!" The kid exclaimed. Seong Im ruffled his hair and walked back to Hee Gun.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" she questioned the serious look on his face.

"Nothing," He replied. "I'll send you home."

***

Hee Gun was all quiet as they strolled at the park near Seong Im's place.

"I really had loads of fun today," she beamed in delight as she says it.

"I'm happy that you did." He replied.

"And I know that you purposely chose to do the things that I like, to make me happy." She stopped walking and look at him. "Don't do this again next time. I want to do the things that you like as well." She smiled and said.

He reached forward to grab her wrist before she could walk away. "There won't be a next time," Hee Gun said.

She looked at him, furrowed her eyebrows and replied, "why won't there be?" She lifted her hand to his head and touched his hair.

"Let's break up." He swallowed hard and said.

She stopped moving her fingers and looked at him. Her arm gradually fall back to her side. "Stop joking." She laughed, albeit shakily and playfully punched him in the chest.

She waited for his reply that maybe he was just playing a prank on her or that maybe there's a hidden camera somewhere recording to see if she will fall for it but nothing came out from him.

"It's not a joke?" She pursed her lips and looked at him.

"It's for your own good." He replied, staring at her with his serious eyes.

"Why? You're not making any sense!" She shouted. Her eyes were watery.

Hee Gun didn't answer her question.
"Being with you for the past few months was the best thing that happened in my life-"

"Tell me you're joking about breaking up," she cut in. She hit him repeatedly on his chest but he didn't move an inch. "Tell me!"

"-you make me feel like a human again," Hee Gun continued, trying hard to not be affected her cries.

"Please.." she shook her head and uttered. Tears stung her eyes and her lower lip trembled.

"a person with feelings." He took her hands from his chest and brought it down. "I love you, Seong Im." He whispered and pushed her head up with his thumb beneath her chin and lowered his lips to hers - his way of apologizing to her.

Hot tears ran down her cheeks as she closed her eyes. He tried to break away but she didn't want him to. Her lips were still pressing against his. He grabbed her shoulders and forcefully pushed her body back slightly.

"Why are you doing this?" she cried and held his hand. He bit his lips and swallowed hard, trying his best to control the tears.

"Stay happy," his voice quavered. He wiped the tears away from her face, before wrapping his fingers around her wrist and remove her hand.

He plant a final kiss on her forehead and walk away. She stood still, tears running down her cheeks and watched him walked further and further away from her.

I love you too, Hee Gun oppa.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201K 4K 16
"I wanted to think we were destined in some way - to end up happy, to grow old, just to be together." Thanks to everyone who stuck with this.
53.2K 1.8K 58
Sequel to 'Avalanche' They're happy and engaged but what happen's when something unexpected ultimately tests their love?
97.6K 3.1K 42
We always look for love because they say it's the most beautiful thing a person can feel. It's one of the most extra-ordinary emotion we can experien...
37.8K 906 96
A story about Running man's beloved Monday couple. Love works when we don't expect it. All Rights Reserved.