cinnamon ♡ lh [discontinued]

By incredibaek

it's just nothing, no strings attached. we simply sleep in one bed sometimes. or share a ladder but... it's n... More

1: the hideous rope
cinnamon playlist
2: the sigh of relief
3: the beautiful evergreen
5: the expected disappointment
6: the cries in maths
internal thoughts on writing because i feel like uploading something like this
7: the sad truth
8: the incoming passenger
9: the seek of sadness
10: the dirty tux
11: the cozy bonfire
12: the paper towns
discontinuation

4: the frightened look

313 15 14
By incredibaek

SHARE THIS STORY WITH A FRIEND OR A WATTPAD READER OR BAD LUCK FROM BARBRA THE BAG *it makes sense within the chapter*

dedicated to my first in-line commenter (who's still active!!!) i love you keep reading you're like the only one

edited 2/07/17

4: the look

♡♡♡

I don't know if I should laugh or cry when I see Luke covered in flour with his mouth open slightly. So I simply stare, watching him get more and more scared as time goes by.

But wait, hold on. We're not in a howcatchem and I'm starting a chapter in the wrong way.

Day two of our assignment. Luke finished the volcano yesterday when I fell asleep and woke me up afterwards. I went home, too tired to function after a long, nostalgic conversation we had (also, it pissed me off, why would he throw all the memories at me when I'm about to start my period, I'm sure it's against the human rights). Today we picked one of the worst tasks to get it over with as soon as possible.

So here I am, dressing up a fucking bag of flour in the school library. What's wrong with this world.

"Do you think I should draw Barbra the Bag some nice hair?" Luke asks as I try to fit the bag into a baby cloth we got from Luke's mom (I don't even want to know why she had that).

"I don't know. This is ridiculous."

I scoff when I notice the dress is already covered in flour. Great, I can't wait until this happens to me.

"When is it?"

"When is what?" I furrow my eyebrows at him.

"Your period. When does it start?" he asks casually as he draws some yellow lines on top of the bag of flour. I swear we are both fucking mental.

"Monday," I mumble, not even trying to hide the fact that my moodswings have a reason behind them, "Also, this doesn't even look like hair."

He shoots me a glare but then his features soften and he out of the blue comes to me and embraces me with his huge arms, leaving Barbra to fall on the desk face first.

"What even, Luke Hemmings, are you trying to kill me?" I mumble as he blocks my airflow.

He laughs and pulls away, staring at me with a goofy smile. I can't ignore the way my heart dropped when he left.

"I wanted to silently tell you I get your struggle. Well, I don't but you know what I mean. Female period is a bitch to me too but it's using the girl's body most of the time."

I have to fight the urge to snap his neck. I was this close this time, I can't even.

(Shameless mention of The Neighbourhood, get used to these.)

We finish when Barbra is all dressed up and has some better hair than some damn sharpie doodles.

(((My sincere apologizes that the picture is sideways, I couldn't change it, sigh)))

"She's beautiful," Luke coos. "She's got your eyes!"

I roll my eyes and begin to leave. "And your brains."

We had to take care of the baby for 24 hours. I check the time. 10:28 AM. That should be easy.

I hear Luke follow me with Barbra in his hands.

"So, I take care of her at school and then drop her off to your place at five?" he asks so I nod.

"I think we could go get some ice cream," I laugh quietly. Yup, I will be the one eating all the ice cream and Barbra won't get a bite.

Luke elbows me slightly.

"I'm sure she won't enjoy watching you eat. How about we all go watch swans by the river today?"

I freeze and slowly turn to him. Yup, exactly like in movies. Someone nudges me with their shoulder as people walk past us.

"What are you doing?" I ask suspiciously. What's on his mind?

He smirks. He only does that when he's having thoughts. Bad thoughts including me and him naked together in the same room with no knob.

You said that, I didn't.

"Well, mommy, I think we should go watch swans so I'm suggesting it. Why ask?"

I glare at him and leave. Creeps all around.

♡♡♡

It's two before five when I'm frantically calling Luke for the damn 14793294th time in the last five minutes. Where is he? Where's our baby?!

Nah, I'm just kidding. I'm just laying here watching some How I Met Your Mother reruns with my head upside down on the side of the bed. And, obviously, I hear rocks hitting my window. I groan and get up, swiftly making it out of the window and down the gutter without blessing him with a look.

"Yo, daddy, how's it go-"

And this is where we started this chapter.

"Luke, what have you done to Barbra the Bag?" I ask, trying to hide my laugh and sound the most serious I can.

He looks frightened by the moment, trying to catch any of the flour running through a big hole in Barbra's cheek. Luke's hair is ruffled and his cheeks are red as if he ran here to get me to help our child as soon as possible. He gives me a terrified look with his eyes spread wide and his mouth struggling to say a word.

"YOU KILLED OUR BABY!" I shout but my voice cracks before I even finish the sentence and I end up crying out loud from laughter. You should have seen his face! He looked like he was about to offer me his lifetime slavery for the sin he's commited.

"Moongirl, you are one hell of a bitch," he says slowly, realising what I've just done to him, "and I'm a crazy ass motherfucker so you're gonna regret it."

And it all becomes cliché here. I end up with flour all over my hair, face and neck. And I don't even flinch. I'm too busy laughing. I cough slightly on the flour that got into my mouth and lungs.

"I miss being a kid," he says when he finally joins me in laughter, "We could do this all day and never face real consequences of the reckless shit we'd do."

I nod, taking the empty now bag from him and throwing it out in the nearest trash. I turn to see that I'm leaving traces of flour behind me and grin.

"You know, Barbra is dead but we still can go see the swans," Luke says with a grin, "Or get ice cream. I'd kill for a scoop of salty caramel right now."

I laugh and we walk arm in arm to the bakery by the river. I'm forced to listen to a story of the time when he discovered salty caramel ice cream and found out he'd been dead all his life.

♡♡♡

We enter the small bakery that offers the best ice cream in the entire city (I'm not kidding, this is scooped heaven). The bell rings quietly as we open the door. I still laugh quietly at something he said but I don't seem to recon now what exactly is that.

"Luna, can you find a place for us to sit? I will buy the ice cream," he says and I nod, heading towards the spot Luke hated when he was a kid, just to annoy him.

It was in the very back of the cafe, in the left corner with a small, unstable table (holy shit that rhymes) and old chairs. There were three antique sets like this in the shop and yet he seemed to hate this one the most.

We used to go here every Sunday with our parents (meaning, his parents and my mom) to get ice cream. Our moms always had coffee with bagels and Luke's dad had a slice of their famous browney. It seems weird now, looking back at how things used to be before we got distant.

Luke comes back and hands me a cone with three scoops - vanilla on top, raspberry sorbet in the middle and... salty caramel on the very bottom.

I laugh and take it from him, thanking him quietly. There's this weird silence between us and I start to wonder why. Maybe it's because we've been ignoring each other for nine years and now we're all friends and rainbows. But it obviously doesn't have to be it. Yeah, good to know my sarcastic side is still here.

Hold the fuck on.

What is that even? A date? With Luke Hemmings?

"What is this, Luke?"

"This is an ice cream cone," he answers, looking at me as if I'd lost my mind.

"No, I mean... What is this?" I wave my hand around and then between the two of us.

He smiles and gives me the look that tells me everything.

"This is the beginning of a new chapter for the two of us. Without any labels and prejudice."

I cannot not smile back at him as I study his serious expression and notice ice cream on his chin. He looks (almost) normal for the first time ever and it feels good to talk to someone who is sincerely interested in talking to me.

"Luke, you have ice cream on your chin," I chuckle but he doesn't move, his smile spreading wider.

"Yeah, I know. I wanted you to have a little laugh. I like to see you happy."

So I laughed once more, just for the sake of it.

♡♡♡

question of the chapter: what would you call your flour baby if you had to name one and why? :P

anyways, as always: don't forget to vote and comment and THIS TIME, share the story with a friend or a dozen of friends so that more people know cinnamon! yay!!

stay tuned xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.4K 152 15
The most recent update was me just grammar-botting everything. I am no longer taking requests. I'm focused on other endeavors and have grown away fro...
481 26 31
Michael Clifford Fanfic
19.9K 126 18
Just a bunch of 5sos imagines | requests closed |
815 89 30
~ DISCLAIMER ~ No matter if you're new to my story or if you've read it before, I want to put the disclaimer out there that this story contains matur...