The Dancer

By sarahscermerhorn

Isabelle was looking for a new start, a new beginning, but is starting over really the best option? More

The Dancer

15 0 0
By sarahscermerhorn

"Dad, I am DONE with you! All you do is drink your pains away, and you know what, mom is never going to come back! So you really need to get your act together before I move out, because to be honest, I love you, but I don't know how much more of this I can take." I ranted.

My mom got into a major car accident the other month, and died. Everyone took it very harshly, but my dad the worst. He would leave at an early hour of the day and come back at around 11 drunk off his ass, sobbing quietly to himself. I knew he was struggling, but we needed to move on. Who was going to pay the bills? Me?

"Isabelle, you know what, I am still trying to get over this tragedy. If you don't back off from my form of morning- well I might as well kick you out. You know what, just go. Bye, Isabelle." Dad screamed back.

So, that was it. My dad just kicked me out of the house for me trying to heal everything that has been done. Tears were streaming down my face, and I ran back to my shitty room to pack what little I had. I don't know where I was going to go, but I knew I had to get out of this hell. I need to leave, just start over, forgetting about everything.

In a small bag, I put my necessities and clothing into it, threw some food in there, and what was left of my moms will to me, which was about 9000 dollars. Maybe I can afford a cheap motel or something, but the main thing on my mind was a place to live.

After thinking for a while, I decided to hop onto the subway that ran across the country. I wanted to get away in the first place, why not just let fate pick my new location to live? I hopped in and payed my small fare, and took a long nap wondering where my new life would take me.

I woke up to the blasting beat of some hip hop rap music, with my blonde hair all over my face. I blinked a couple times and took in my surroundings. There were street performers in the subway, doing a flash mob. The music started blasting and a group of guys came in formation ready to perform. They danced robotically, impressing me and taking my mind off my dad for a while.

I scanned each of the dancers faces, all of them were quite attractive. One in the back really stood out to me though, his tan face was absolute perfection. He had green eyes that had brown engraved in them, making them musty and mysterious. He was wearing the same uniform as all the others, but on him it just looked different. Better. And when he caught me drooling, I swear I could've seen him wink at me. WIthout knowing, the routine ended and they rushed out of the subway.

I sat for about 10 seconds, and knew I needed to know this boy with the mysterious green eyes. Knowing I didn't really have a place to go anyways, I left my seat and rushed after him, out of the subway, and into the club I just saw him and his crew enter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

292K 12.1K 59
|ongoing| Ivana grew up alone. She was alone since the day she was born and she was sure she would also die alone. Without anyone by her side she str...
74K 4.8K 53
A crazy, jolly, and funny student who's so in-love with her professor Isa. Ali is willing to do anything para kay Isa, and Isa being Isa she's so upt...
447K 15.3K 53
"My mother named me Miracle, but I am anything but a miracle in her and our family's life. I am a mistake. I am a product of a heinous crime." Miracl...
77.9K 1.8K 13
๐‘‡โ„Ž๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘ฆ๐‘š๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘  ๐‘ค๐‘’๐‘๐‘ ๐‘–๐‘ก๐‘’ ๐‘ค๐‘–๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘”๐‘–๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘š๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘’๐‘ฆ. ๐ด๐‘Ÿ๐‘’ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐‘–๐‘› ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘–๐‘ ? ๐ป๐‘Ž๐‘ฃ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘Ž ๐‘ ๐‘ข...