Someone In The Dark

By mj_junkie

It's the summer of 1987 and the worlds biggest pop star is about to go on tour. Before he leaves, he teaches... More

Someone In The Dark
Love is a Chicken Wing?

Just Good Friends

115 8 1
By mj_junkie

"Okay Alexandria, I got to go now. I have to get ready for school. It starts in an hour." Diane said a little frustrated. Alexandria sighed over the phone, "But Diane! We haven't talked in what feels like ages. We need to catch up!" "I know, I know, tell ya what, i'll call you when I get back from school. I get outta class at 11 PM and considering all the traffic I should be home around 11:30 PM." Diane assured her. "Um I don't know Diane, i'll probably be asleep by then, that's pretty late for a weeknight, what if I just call you Friday night?" Alexandria asked. "Okay, sounds good," Diane replied. "okay, bye." "Bye" Diane placed the phone on the wall hook. She felt bad for being so short with Alexandria, they've been friends since middle school! But she wanted to leave early so she could talk to Darryl before class started.

~

Diane made sure to grab her book bag this time before leaving. She walked to the bathroom and looked in the mirror one last time. "Ehh good enough," she mumbled. She turned off the light and grabbed her keys off the hook by the front door and shut the door behind her. She steadily walked down the stairs and all the way to the lobby. "Well you're early today!" Joyce said enthusiastically. "Haha yeah, well I can't be late again, I don't want to make a bad impression." Diane laughed. "Is this the same Diane that always says she could care less about what people think?" Joyce joked. "Haha, well this is a teacher, he's the one who grades my papers." Diana replied in her own defense. "That never stopped you before... did you say 'he'? Would 'he' happen to be cute miss Diane?" Joyce winked. "No!" Diane lied, she couldn't tell Joyce! That'd be like telling your grandma about your crush, weird! And quite embarrassing to be honest. "I'm teasing you!" Joyce chuckled. Diane nervously laughed "Well you better get going, you don't want to make that bad impression you're worried about." Joyce said, still laughing. "Okay, see you later Joyce! Bye." Diane walked out the door. "That girl has a crush on her teacher." Joyce said into her magazine she was reading before Diane came.

~

"What will I say to him?" Diana questioned as she stood outside the classroom. She peeked into the window on the door. There he sat at his desk looking so flawless. "Should I go in now or wait till five minutes before class starts?" Diane looked down at her watch. She had 20 minutes till class started. "I'll just go in now." Diane placed her hand on the doorknob. "Here goes nothing." Diane open the door. "Hey Mr. Jackson." Diane smiled nervously. "Oh hey, Diane! How are you?" Mr. Jackson grinned. "I'm good thank you, what about you?" She asked him back. "I'm great, pretty busy though. I've had a lot to do lately." "Aww, I'm sorry to hear that." "It's ok," he giggled, "so what brings you to class so early?" Mr. Jackson asked. Diane began to sweat. "Ummm... You know what they say 'better early then a minute too late' Diane said quickly. "I always liked that quote." Mr. Jackson looked at Diane and smiled. "Me too." Diane agreed, smiling back. There was a few seconds of silence then Mr. Jackson spoke "Diane, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?" "26." She answered. He nodded. "What about you, Mr. Jackson?" "I'm 29, about to be 30 in about 2 months." "Wow, you look good for almost thirty!" Diane instantly cringed, 'did I really just say that?' She thought to herself. Mr. Jackson blushed "thanks," he giggled. "Welcome," she said shyly. Just then the minute bell rang and a couple students came in the classroom. Diane walked to her desk and sat down. She replayed the conversation she just had, and regretting what she said.

~

After class was over and all the students left, she walked with Mr. Jackson to the parking lot again. "See you tomorrow Mr. Jackson." Diane waved as they exited the building. "Haha see ya! And by the way you can just call me Darryl." He laughed. "Okay Darryl." She smirked. He smiled before getting into the car. Diane climbed into hers too and once again, watched him drive off. "Bye Darryl." She whispered to herself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

573K 15.4K 48
After a year away at Kitty Hawk, Cassie Maybank returns to the Outerbanks with a determination to get her life back on track. To stay healthy, to mak...
181K 5.8K 36
𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋 πˆπ“ 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 π˜πŽπ” 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓 ❛ 𝖲𝗍𝖺𝗋𝗋𝗒 π–Ύπ—’π–Ύπ—Œ π—Œπ—‰π–Ίπ—‹π—„π—‚π—‡ π—Žπ—‰ 𝗆𝗒 π–½π–Ίπ—‹π—„π–Ύπ—Œπ— π—‡π—‚π—€π—π—π—Œ. ❜ 【 𝐀 𝐍𝐒𝐜𝐑𝐨π₯𝐚�...
544K 18.1K 168
Sevyn and Von hung around the same people but did not like each other. But they were just cordial. Until Von's birthday came up and Sevyn was the onl...
477K 39.5K 108
Sequel to my MHA fanfiction: β€’.Β°NORMALΒ°.β€’ (So go read that one first)