Better Than Words (Louis Toml...

By itstricia_98

Valerie Henson is a 21-year-old girl who works at a Cafe store. That's the time she met the one and only Loui... More

Better Than Words (Louis Tomlinson fanfiction story)
Chapter 1: I found you
Chapter 2: Crystal blue eyes
Chapter 3: Just a friendly hang out
Chapter 4: You and me
Chapter 5: I'll court you
Chapter 6: Awkward
Chapter 7: War of Jealousy
Chapter 9: The forbidden topic
Chapter 10: Caught in the act

Chapter 8: War of Love

7 0 0
By itstricia_98

Chapter 8: War of Love

My hands were nervously shaking as I took few steps on the short stairs to the main entrance of my brother's mansion. Seeing my brother for the first time in 2 years can be exciting yet at the same time nervous. I know it's just Vandel, but it feels different this way.

Someone pats my back as Louis appeared at my side, giving me a reassuring look before I press the doorbell button.

After doing that, the door swings open to see the person's familiar face that I haven't seen for a couple of years. To be honest, he really has changed a lot.

His hair was now jet black that has been swept in sideways, and his lips deliberately formed into a smile. He also had a little facial hair on his jaw. He was just wearing a plain white t-shirt and some sweatpants on.

I couldn't make up any words to say that I keep opening and closing my mouth to speak. Come on Val, say something.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I smiled at him,"Hey Vandel."

His eyes lit up, still smiling,"Valerie?" He raised his arms up as he enveloped me into a hug,"I'm so glad to see you here."

"So do I," Tears started to form in my eyes as my voice went croak,"It's been 2 years, Van."

He gently pulled away as he cupped my cheeks,"Don't cry Val, it really hurts when I see you cry."

I laughed faintly,"I miss how you would always say that to me. I thought you've changed."

"Just the hair, actually,"He stated  pulling me to his chest as we hug again for another few minutes.

After what seemed like forever, we pulled away and his eyes were on the person at my side, looking intently at Louis.

His eyes was shifting from Louis to mine and then mine to Louis,"Care to explain on who's this guy?"

I rolled my eyes, cackling,"I thought everyone would recognise this guy everywhere. His name is Louis Tomlinson."

"THE Louis Tomlinson of One Direction?" He repeats, furrowing his eyebrows.

I nodded in confirmation,"Yes, Vandel, and don't react yet. He's just-"

"A boyfriend," Louis blurted out of the blue when he cut me off.

Wait, what did he just said?

I glanced at Louis and gave me a wink, making me blush. What the actual fuck is he trying to do?

If he's putting a stupid stunt on me then I'm not satisfied about it.

I shot him a glare and a 'what kind of stunt are you putting up?' look to him. He ignored my face and was just looking at my brother with that smirk plastering on his face.

I am so going to kill him.

I put up a fake smile to Vandel, looking so surprise as I am, and I glanced quickly at Louis, glaring at him shortly as I go back to my brother,"Anyway, I'll explain everything later. Can we just come in or something?"

He nodded without removing his eyes on Louis as we step inside his mansion. I took one last glance at Louis before I sit next to Vandel on the white sofa.

"So," He puffed out some air from his cheeks as he spoke,"What brings you here?"

"Actually, my boyfriend right here convinced me to come here and see you," I gazed at Louis with a fake smile and went back to Vandel.

He furrowed his eyebrows, looking towards Louis,"Is it true?"

"Yep, I'm her boyfriend and I'll do whatever it takes to make her happy."

Even though those words were just made up, it sounds so real to me as if he was truly my boyfriend when he is not. Kenny is the one that's suppose to be here because he is courting me, and not Louis.

Silence erupted on the three of us that it felt so awkward deep inside. Louis made an attempt to open his mouth and say something, but he failed when no words came out.

I stood up from the sofa, darting my eyes on Louis then to Vandel,"Can you excuse us for a moment?

"Sure, go ahead and take your time," He insisted with his right hand gesturing us to go as I nodded.

I pulled Louis' hand in taking him inside the bathroom, locking the door as we get in,"What the fuck are you doing, Louis?" I whisper-shouted at him so that Vandel wouldn't hear us.

"I'm pretending to be your boyfriend?" He said in a 'duh' tone,"What, you think it's a bad idea?"

"Yes it was," I retorted,"Now tell me, why did you do it?"

"Because..." He abruptly said, biting his lower lip,"I have to."

"Don't you know this will affect my status with Kenny? I can't just tell Vandel when Kenny comes here that he is my friend. I would definitely hurt his feelings or maybe, specifically, he would hurt YOU when he finds out that you told Vandel about 'our relationship' when there's never an 'us' in reality."

"Just please, Valerie," He cupped both of my cheeks as his face was 2 inches close to mine,"Just don't bring him here then if you don't want him to find out about our fake 'boyfriend-and-girlfriend' thing that we're doing. That's simple."

"But what if-"

"No buts and what ifs," He calmly said, his hot breath hitting my face that smelt like mint,"Now do this for me, Val, I'll also do it for you."

From that moment I knew, I was already hypnotise by his ocean blue eyes that had a twinkle on it. It was a beautiful moment and my first time to look at his eyes in the closest way I can get.

I nodded, putting up one of my best smiles that a person could never forget,"Okay. You know what my friends say, I can never say 'no' to any one direction member who would ask a favour."

"I bet your friends were exactly right about it," He smiled back as he kissed my forehead before we leave the bathroom.

As we go back to the living room, I saw Vandel talking to the long wavy blonde hair girl that we've met half an hour ago as they look so happy whenever they look into each other's eyes in a deep romantic way. I was so jealous of them, more like I'm jealous of my brother to have a relationship like that.

Soon enough, Kenny and I would be like that.

I cleared my throat by coughing as their attention were on us,"Oh, hey there you guys. I'm sure you already met my girlfriend Avery," He pointed his thumb to the blonde girl sitting at his right side.

We nodded in unison as I proceed to sit next to him like before and this time Louis is sitting at my left side.

"So how did you guys met?" I asked eagerly, moving an inch closer to them.

Vandel takes a deep breath before he says anything," Avery and I met at a coffee shop where she works 2 years ago. That was 2 weeks right after I left Doncaster and moved here in Brighton."

"After 3 months have passed, your brother and I fell in love with each other," Avery's gaze were on Vandel as they both smiled,"And we started dating each other until we became a couple," Vandel leaned closer to Avery as their lips crashed and kissed passionately, moving in perfect sync.

Vandel pulled away and said,"It's been a year and 5 months now, and still strong together," He added as he continues to kiss Avery, leading them to a heated make-out session.

Louis and I just sat there awkwardly looking at the couple making out. I wanted to stand up and leave, but my legs couldn't move as if I was frozen in my position.

"Whoops, someone's calling. Mind if I take this?" Louis stood up from the sofa and I nodded as he swiftly make his way to the bathroom where we talked.

After god knows how long the doorbell rings as I let out a sigh of relief. Thank god that doorbell saved me from Vandel and Avery's make-out session.

"That must be my fellow friend," Vandel stood up and open the door, seeing a tall figure standing on the door.

Vandel steps at the side as I get a chance to look at the tall figure in closure. The man had a dirty blonde hair that is neatly combed on sideways with piercing blue eyes that glow so bright. He had little facial hairs above his lips and on his jawline that made him look so attractive.

"Val," I snap out of mt thoughts as Vandel called me, looking intently at him,"I'd like you to meet my best friend Felix," He introduced, gesturing his hand to the dirty blonde hair guy as he smiled.

I smiled back as I stood up from the sofa and lend Felix my hand as he shook it,"Nice to meet you, Felix, I am-"

"Valerie," He blurted my name in a different accent which I cannot tell what it was as he is smiling widely at me,"I already know you since your brother Vandel never shuts his mouth up when he talks about you."

"Oh really?" I averted my gaze on Vandel, smiling shyly at me,"Please continue, Felix."

"When I saw your picture for the first time, I didn't expect you would look so beautiful. And right now, I am standing right in front of the girl I like, still looking beautiful as ever."

I blushed, tilting my head down,"T-thank you, I'm really flattered though."

"You deserve it," He smiled.

Vandel's hand slapped my shoulder, startling me as I glared at him,"Oh shit! Sorry about that. But anyway, Felix is indeed into you, more like obsessed perhaps.

Felix smack Vandel's shoulder as they gave each other angry looks before looking back at me,"To be specific, I really like you, Valerie, this feeling has been going on for like 5 months now."

Wow, totally wow. That's all I could manage to say.

"You look different though."

"Just the hair, actually," I winked at both of them, using Vandel's words that he said earlier.

Before any of them could speak, I hear footsteps coming towards us as I turn around, seeing Louis making his way to my direction.

"Sorry for the long wait babe, it was just Harry calling me about something," He tells me and I was shocked that he called me babe.

Instead of landing his eyes on me, it went over to Felix looking confused at me and Louis,"Oh, uhmm who's this, Val?"

"Louis, this is Felix. Felix, this is-"

"Louis Tomlinson," Felix cuts me off as he lends a hand to Louis and so they shook hands together.

"So sorry to tell you this mate, but I'm afraid my sister has a boyfriend now," Vandel declared to Felix as his expression changed from exhilarate to melancholic.

I felt sorry for Felix that he has a big infatuation towards me even though Louis and I were never together, but then someone already have my heart and that is Kenny.

Silence took over the 3 of us for more than a minute until Vandel breaks the silence,"How about we eat something, yeah?"

We all nodded in unison as we head over to the dining area.

====

"Grilled cheese sandwich and mashed potato for dinner everyone," Vandel and Avery exhilaratingly said in unison as they put the plates with food for each person on the table.

It was almost near to 6pm as Vandel decided to cook us for dinner. I was starving to death, so it's better to have dinner as early as now.

I started digging in my food gracefully as Vandel spoke,"So Valerie, how's your life in Doncaster with mum?"

I swallowed the chewed food as I responded,"Mum and I were doing fine. A year after you guys left I got a job and now I'm working as a waitress at a cafe."

"Sounds great, a college student yet at the same time a working student," He acknowledge, taking a spoonful of his mashed potato.

"Oh my goodness, you got some dirt on your lips," Felix grabs a napkin and wipes away some dirt on my lips as my cheeks were flushed red at his little gesture.

"Thanks," I smiled and continued to eat my mashed potato.

"What about you, Louis, how's your life as a member in a world's famous boyband?" Vandel asked Louis sternly.

He takes a sip of his juice drink before speaking,"I find it very fascinating that I get a chance to be in a boyband that is known worldwide. It is a privilege or honour to our group that our music is what our fans would mostly love about us."

"That's exactly what I want to hear from you," Vandel gave Louis a high-five as I laugh lightly at them.

"How did you guys met, Val?" Felix asked, his eyes looking intently at me.

I cleared my throat and smiled,"Louis and I met at a cafe where my friends and I are working as waitresses. He was so mysterious at first because he was wearing a disguise that time. On the next night, he finally showed me his identity and that's how I saw him for the first time. He really made my night just by showing himself bravely to me."

"Now that's what I call romantic," Vandel butted in, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

I just ignored his comment as I continued,"After what seemed like forever we became a couple."

"Wait, no details on how Louis asked you to be his girlfriend?" Felix questioned, interrupting me.

I felt Louis' hand gripping on mine tightly as his eyes were fixated on Felix,"No, because that's personal for us."

"Excuse me, I am not talking to you. I am talking to her," Felix stated, looking pissed at Louis.

"Why does it matter to you anyway? I love her now and she loves me," He spat, looking serious as he was.

He loves me? No Valerie, he's just saying that just to piss Felix off. There's no way a famous guy like him would love an ordinary girl like me.

Felix snickered, smirking at him,"I don't care if you love her. I love her more than you do. Admit it, Tomlinson, you'll only break her heart when you find someone else."

"You fucking piece of shit!"

Before I knew it, Felix is being tackled down by a raging Louis as they ended up having a fight.

Louis you idiot, you shouldn't said that.

I grip onto Louis' shoulder as I attempt to pull him away from Felix before he throws another punch at Felix's face. Vandel, on the other hand, was also pulling Felix up away from getting punched by Louis.

I didn't like seeing them doing this to each othee. I had no choice but to scream at them before they kill each other. I just couldn't help it.

"STOP! BOTH OF YOU FUCKING STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING THIS INSTANT!!" I screamed to the top of my lungs as Louis cease himself in giving another blow on Felix's face.

He was switching his gaze on me and Felix as he stood up and approached me, but I didn't let him.

I had to run away from this scenery.

Without having second thoughts, I shook rapidly my head before he goes near me as I ran away going to an empty room where no one could disturb me.

I needed to get away with them. Get away from Vandel, Avery, Felix, and the person that is fucking things up at the moment.

Louis.

====

And there you have it folks! I have published chapter 8 for you guys. Sorry if I took so long to update. A lot of things had happened to me, so this is the only day for me to post this for you my fellow readers.

If you guys are still with me, please vote and comment on what you think of my comeback chapter. It's been a while, is it guys?

~Tricia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 158 25
McKenna Pizano is just a regular 19 year old with a dark past that seems to haunt her everywhere she goes. So what happens when she passes out in the...
75.6K 1.3K 23
At the age of sixteen, Louis Tomlinson and girlfriend Eleanor Calder took the decision to spend a romantic night together. Alone. Nine months later...
5.3K 259 31
Allison, a 20 year old girl, loses mostly everything she had at a young age. No more family. No more home. No more food. She has nothing really, unti...
1.2K 53 23
Alyssa Knowles was just a normal 19 year old until she met Louis Tomlinson of One Direction. Her world then changed completely. She met all of the ot...