The Quest For Hope

By -Jelsa_love-

When Elsa wakes up on her sixteenth birthday, she was to find her father has already made preparations for he... More

•INFORMATION•
The Escape
The Escape: Chapter One
The Escape: Chapter Two
The Escape: Chapter Three
The Escape: Chapter Four
The Escape: Chapter Five
The Escape: Chapter Six
The Escape: Chapter Seven
The Escape: Chapter Eight
The Escape: Chapter Nine
The Escape: Chapter Ten
The Escape: Chapter Eleven
The Escape: Chapter Twelve
The Escape: Chapter Thirteen
The Escape: Chapter Fourteen
The Escape: Chapter Fifteen
The Escape: Chapter Sixteen
The Escape: Chapter Seventeen
The Escape: Chapter Eighteen
The Escape: Chapter Nineteen
The Escape: Chapter Twenty
The Battle
The Battle: Chapter One
The Battle: Chapter Two
The Battle: Chapter Three
The Battle: Chapter Four
The Battle: Chapter Five
The Battle: Chapter Six
The Battle: Chapter Seven
The Battle: Chapter Eight
The Battle: Chapter Nine
The Battle: Chapter Ten
The Battle: Chapter Eleven
The Battle: Chapter Twelve
The Battle: Chapter Thirteen
The Battle: Chapter Fourteen
The Battle: Chapter Fifteen
The Battle: Chapter Sixteen
The Battle: Chapter Seventeen
The Battle: Chapter Eighteen
The Battle: Chapter Nineteen
Dragon's Gate
Dragon's Gate: Chapter One
Dragon's Gate: Chapter Two
Dragon's Gate: Chapter Three
Dragon's Gate: Chapter Four
Dragon's Gate: Chapter Five
Dragon's Gate: Chapter Six
Dragon's Gate: Chapter Seven
Dragon's Gate: Chapter Nine
Dragon's Gate: Chapter Ten
Dragon's Gate: Chapter Eleven
Dragon's Gate: Chapter Twelve
Dragon's Gate: Chapter Thirteen
Dragon's Gate: Chapter Fourteen
Dragon's Gate: Chapter Fifteen
Dragon's Gate: Chapter Sixteen
Dragon's Gate: Chapter Seventeen
•INFORMATION•

Dragon's Gate: Chapter Eight

72 4 0
By -Jelsa_love-

"What a day," Elsa sighed, sitting back onto her bed as Anna walked in.

"It's not over yet," Anna exclaimed, landing on the bed next to her. "We have so much too still before your ceremony!" Anna snatched a brush and went to work on Elsa's curls. Her eyes glazed as she sank into the familiar routine they had shared since childhood.

"Elsa?" Anna asked between brushstrokes. "Are you alright? I saw your eyes during the ceremony. I saw Jack's expression when he looked at you. Today's the day you've been waiting for, and I don't want to see it-"

"Anna," Elsa said, turning around. "Please don't worry about me. There's no doubt in my heart, no dragging my feet. I've dreamt of this moment since I was a child. On those long days trapped in my room, my dreams of adventure and love kept me entertained. I am happy. I just regret that my father won't be able to see me on this day." She looked away as a tear fell down her cheek.

Anna jumped to her feet grabbing her hands and pulling her to the mirror. "This day is the beginning of something great. You are going to build a kingdom up north, lead a new beginning for hundreds of us. And no more crying. Your face gets red when you cry. You don't want them to see your face red on your wedding day, do you?"

Elsa's eyes were still sad, but she offered her friend a smile. "I have a plan," she said, jumping, "but we need to hurry. I can't be late for my wedding." Her eyes sparkled as she ran to the other room to grab her dress.

Anna squealed and clapped her hands in excitement. 

Quick fingers got Elsa into her dress in no time. With a wistful sigh and admiring eyes, Anna turned Elsa around to face the mirror. "Now, my princess, you are ready."

Elsa stared, unable to believe the vision before her. The dress draped her body perfectly. The ivory gown accentuated her curved and gleamed under the soft light of the candles. Cream velvet trim bound the edges, and the bodice glistened with golden embroidery and crystals. The gown fell gracefully from her body to the floor, trailing behind her with a grand flourish. Her hair was curled and bundled carefully on top of her head, the jewelled clips shimmering as Elsa turned her head each way. 

"Anna, how did you do this?" Elsa whispered in awe. She looked very much the queen.

Anna beamed. "Well, you only get married once," she said, lifting her train and walking behind her. "If you want to do this, we'd better go now."

Elsa nodded and lifted the front of her dress, lingering for one last look in the mirror.

The halls were unusually quiet as they tiptoed along. Elsa's heart sped up as their steps echoed around them. They crept close together, sneaking quick glances around every corner. If anyone caught a glimpse of the princess before her wedding, it meant ten years of bad luck. Luckily for them, all the noise seemed to come from the courtyard, where people enjoyed the sunshine while waiting for the next ceremony. The walk down the long halls and winding corridors seemed to stretch as they slowly rounded corners, mimicking their childhood games of hide-and-seek.

Her curls threatened to fall as Elsa halted suddenly. They were at her father's door. A soft candle flickered on the outside, and the king's steward stood dutifully at the door, his face downcast and grim as she made her way forward. 

 "Can I see him?" Elsa asked, reaching her hand forward to touch his arm. Years of loyal service developed a deep bond between the men, and the unexpected turn of events heavily weighed upon his face. 

With a saddened smile, he ushered her in. "Your Highness, you can always see him."

Elsa walked into the darkened room. She would never forget its look, its smell. Her heart leapt as she approached the bed.

"Father?" Her lips quivered. She sighed with relief as his eyelids fluttered. "Oh, father."

King Agnarr slowly sat up. "Elsa, I was hoping I would see you before the ceremony." The bandages hid his face, but the love in his voice and glistening eyes could not be mistaken. "I was able to make your brother's ceremony, but it seems that was a bit too much." He coughed and hunched over, trying to speak. "You look beautiful my dear. The most beautiful bride I have ever seen."

"Father," she groaned, drying her tears before they left marks. Sensitive to a fault, her delicate skin responded to tears with puffiness and streaks, unbecoming of a bride on her wedding day. "I couldn't get married without seeing you first. In all my dream, you walked me down the aisle. This isn't the way I imagined it," she said, her voice trailing.

"I know that is true for you, my dear, but for me, it's everything I could have ever hoped for. Aside from these wounds and the disappointment of not seeing you wed, of course. I am glad that, despite my failing efforts as your father, my sweet little girl has grown up to be a beautiful princess and a strong future queen. You are ready." 

"I don't feel ready," she choked.

"Sometimes it's not for us to decide. Sometimes we just need to step into the role and the rest will come. Trust in yourself and trust those around you. Jack, Pabbie, Hiccup-they won't lead you astray. Be wiser than me. Don't let your stubbornness blind you. Oh, my dear, I wish your mother could see you two today. She would be as proud as I am."

She swallowed hard at the mention of her mother.

"Please," her father began, struggling to reach across to the table. "At the edge, there is a pewter ring."

Elsa leaned over, grateful to focus on something besides the overwhelming feelings stirring inside. "This?" She asked, handing it to her father.

"Yes, please keep it. That ring belongs to you now. When the trolls return last fall, Pabbie showed me a hidden compartment of your mother's This ring was there. I had long forgotten about it until it was returned."

Elsa turned the cold metal over in her finger and slipped it on.

"It was the first piece of jewellery I gave your mother, and it seems perfect that you have it now, a symbol of my love and your mother's."

Their eyes locked. A soft rap at the door broke the silence. 

Princess Elsa looked at the door, and Anna poked her head in. "Princess, it is time. We must get you back before your brother comes."

"Father?" Elsa whispered.

"Go. Please remember how much I love you." He coughed and laid back down. "Go," he ordered, and she turned back to her friend.

 She rose and clutched the bottom of her dress, careful with the crystals and pearls. They ran as quickly as possible back to their room, hoping to remain unseen. The king's steward shook his head and smiled as they retreated around a corner.

No sooner had the door to the princess's chamber closed than a booming knock rattled. Princess Elsa and Anna shared a quick look before Anna burst into laughter.

"That was close," Anna said, walking over to the door, curtsying as Hiccup stepped forward. He avoided Anna's downcast eyes and looked quizzically at Elsa. 

"Having fun?" He asked.

Elsa grabbed his hands. "My King," she said, curtsying low and flashing him her widest grin.

"Oh no, you don't. Those smiles and eyelashes may have worked on father, but I know your tricks. I guess it's time you moved out on your own." He meant well, she knew, but it was too soon. 

Elsa turned toward the window. The warm breeze blew against her face as she watched the trees sway in rhythm with the gusts, the birds soaring above them.

"Things certainly have changed," she mused. People ran around the garden without a care. A young couple leaned over the wishing fountain, just as she and Anna had done the year before.

Hiccup marched forward and put his hands on the windowsill next to her. "Yes, things have changed. But the most important things are still the same. The people around you, the duties before you, and the price we pay as leaders."

"Oh, hush, you two," Anna chimed in. She cut right between them and pointed. "Do you see her? The Duchess of Mallory," she said, pointing to a charming older lady picking through the flowers in the shop window. "She's the same. She was here last year wondering who you were going to marry, and she's back now to witness it. And them," she moved on, pointing to the far end of the square at two men unloading boxes of fresh produce. "They were fighting over who had the rights to the squash grown on their land. Now they work together. You're right: some things stay the same, like the character of a person." She looked directly at Hiccup. "Your devotion to duty and loyalty to our kingdom. And you," she said, putting one of Elsa's curls back into place. "Our princess whose charm and love for adventure had caused more trouble, and more rewards, than you would ever guess. But, if you sit here and ponder these things or muse about the past, you're going to miss the most important thing."

Anna sighed at the blank looks on the siblings' faces. "Your wedding is about to start. Now get out of here and marry your knight," she said, shooing Elsa out the door and grabbing the back of her dress for the walk to the Grand Hall. 

Before long, they stood arm in arm in front of the thick mahogany doors.

Her chest pounded. She ran her hands down her dress, double-checking each crystal and embroidered flower, making sure everything was perfect.

"Are you ready?" Hiccup whispered, knowing their lives would change the moment they stepped through the doors. 

Elsa took a moment to search his face, finding a layer of love and depth beneath his outer guardedness. Taking a deep breath to control the fluttering butterflies, she looked him in the eyes.

"I've never been more ready."

Hiccup smiled back and nodded to the men at the door. The large doors opened, and the orchestra began. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.6K 586 50
Elsa is an innocent girl she's super nice and quite beautiful, sometimes she can be stubborn and she doesn't believe in love...she's in collage and h...
6.7K 242 14
"Don't let me go" I whispered and he smiled softly and warmly. "I never will," he whispered back and dried my tears Elsa and Jack grew up in two very...
1.7K 389 15
A story about a lonely girl who was in love with her best friend but he never see here like that. What will happen when Elsa come to know her best fr...
658 16 14
Elsa believes that the only way to keep everyone safe is to hide in a castle far away from her own kingdom. Jack believes that she should change that...