Serendipity [Short Story] [Co...

By soyyysauce

serendipity[ ser-uhn-dip-i-tee ] noun 1. an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident. 2. good fo... More

Serendipity
Chapter ♣ 1
Chapter ♣ 2
Chapter ♣ 3
Chapter ♣ 4
Chapter ♣ 5
Chapter ♣ 6
Chapter ♣ 7
Chapter ♣ 8
Chapter ♣ 9
Chapter ♣ 11
Chapter ♣ 12
Chapter ♣ 13

Chapter ♣ 10

768 49 10
By soyyysauce

*Three weeks Later*

----------------

Promise ¥

After everything was said and done with Aj, I got all my things from what use to be 'our' house and got my own place. I didn't want to stay with Amir just because of the simple fact that we still haven't made us official. I honestly don't want any type of relationship right now. I just wanna be able to do me and be happy for once.

Aj hasn't contacted me since I left. I guess he really didn't give a damn about me. It still hurts that I ended things with him. I never thought that that day would come, especially not this soon. It's like a piece of me died when I broke up with him.

He's been the only guy I've been serious with. At that almost five years of my life I spent with him. I still love him and I always will. I just wish things didn't have to go the way that they did. I only wish that he would have shown he loved me just the same.

"Babe? Promise?...Promise?!"

"Huh?" I snapped my head in Amir's direction. He had a worried look on his face.

"You aight?"

"Yea...I'm good." I smiled weakly. I knew I was lying to him. But I couldn't get my mind off Aj. I missed him terribly, no matter how bad he treated me sometimes.

"You sure? You seemed out of it just a minute ago." he frowned.

"I'm fine baby. I promise." I told him, standing up to walk over to him. He wrapped his arms around my waist as I leaned in to peck his lips.

"Mmm. What you wanna do today?" Amir smirked, pulling away slowly. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know. I really just wanna be laid up." I smiled. He chuckled.

"Ain't nothin wrong wit that. I can get some take out for tonight. Plus some junk food. We can watch netflix all day. Or..." he trailed off. I raised an eyebrow.

"Or?" I asked, waiting for him to continue. He smirked and licked his lips.

"We could make our own movie." he smiled devilishly. I giggled.

"I would love to. But I think it's too soon to do anything physical." I told him.

I honestly wanted this relationship to be different. Me and Aj's relationship was basically based off sex and I didn't want that again. But judging on how thick the physical attraction was between me and Amir, I don't know how long the 'waiting' would last. I couldn't deny that I loved the way he touched me, when we played around sometimes.

"I understand. I won't press you to do somethin you don't wanna do." Amir said, kissing my cheek. I smiled.

That's what I love about him.

----

*Four hours later*

Me and Amir had watched three movies so far and I was getting hungry. He was searching through more movies on Netflix when I heard my phone vibrate across the dresser.

I frowned wondering who would be texting me. I don't have any friends so, it could only be one person.

Aj.

Amir didn't seem phased by my phone notification,  so I took it as my time to get up and check it. Once I picked up my phone I unlocked it and saw indeed it was a message from Aj.

From Aj

Look Promise... I know that we ended on bad terms. But to be honest I miss you. I still love you and I wish that things could have been different. I miss your smile. Your voice. Your laugh... But most of all I miss makin love to you.

I'm not tryna get in the way of your relationship wit ol' dude. But I just wanna apologize for all the things that I did to hurt you. I should have been a man about it and sucked shit up. I fucked up plenty of times and I wish I could take things back.

I want us to still at least be friends... Or just be cool. It's up to you doe. Just don't leave me hangin. Text me back whenever you get the chance.

Love Aj.            5:33 p.m.

By the time I had finished reading the text, I didn't even notice tears were running down my cheeks. I sighed and quickly wiped them away. I briskly walked to the bathroom and shut the door behind me. So many thoughts started flooding through my head all at once.

Why after almost a month did he just now say something?

Did he really mean what he said?

Should I regret leaving him?

Should I show Amir this message?

I leaned against the counter and closed my eyes putting my head into my hands. I'm just so confused right now.

*Knock Knock*

"Baby you ok?" I heard Amir say from the opposite side of the door.

"No." I answered truthfully. I couldn't keep lying to him at this point.

I heard the door knob slightly turn and Amir peeped his head through the crack.

"Can I come in?"

"Yea..." I nodded. Amir pushed the door fully open and stood in front of me. I kept my gaze down at my feet.

"What's goin on Prom? Ever since earlier I could tell somethin been botherin you. So what's up?" Amir asked.

I bit my lip in frustration. I knew I needed to tell him in order for us to have 'some type' of relationship. But I'm just scared of what his reaction will be.

I looked up at him to see he was serious about me explaining what the fuck was wrong with me. I took a deep breath and exhaled slowly.

"You want me to be honest with you...So imma be nothin but honest..." I started. Amir nodded and grabbed my hand. He pulled me out of the bathroom and into the bedroom.

"Sit." he said, gesturing to the bed. I rolled my eyes and sat down. He smirked and sat down beside me.

"Aight. Now continue." he said, rubbing my hand.

"Ok... Well... I've still been stuck on what happened with Aj. I mean it's hard for me still to get ovet him. I was with him for almost five years and you have to understand that he's the only thing I've ever known. You know how I told you before that I was attached to him in a certain way... I mean I haven't thought about him in that way anymore. But as far as us being... You know. I just feel like I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself because I would still be picturing him."

"Ok. What else?" Amir asked, knowing I wasn't done.

"He sent me a text message a few minutes ago. That's when I went to the bathroom. If you wanna read it you can. But besides that... I really do want us to have something. I want to be happy and feel what it's like to really be loved back. I know it's too early for 'I love you'. But I just don't wanna hold you back if I can't seem to leave Aj in the past. You deserve someone so much better than me. I know there's plenty of other girls who you would love to wife up. I'm just a girl that's damaged with baggage still left behind."

"Whoa... Hold up. I would never see you as that. Yes your still holdin on to him but I expect that. I mean y'all just broke things off not even a month ago. Maybe it's my fault. I wanted to let you see how a real man treats a woman. But maybe I should have did it a different way. I ain't wanna make shit harder for you. But like I told you when we first met. If I like you and I'm feelin you... Imma get you regardless." Amir smiled his sexy smile. I couldn't help buy blush.

"But for real doe. Imma give you time to do what you need to do, to get over ol' dude. We can take things slow as much as you want. I don't wanna rush you and we end up wastin time. I know you still love him and I can't compete wit that. But if this is somethin you don't wanna do right now... Just tell me. But that ain't gonna change my mind about chasin after you."

All I could do was nod my head. Everything Amir said made me feel better. He took it way better than I thought he would.

"And about that text... Let me see it." he smiled. I took my phone and unlocked it, handing it to him.

I watched his facial expressions as he read it. Once he was done he shook his head anf handed me back the phone.

"That dude is pussy whipped." he chuckled. I sucked my teeth.

"He is. I'm just sayin. He just want you to feel bad for him cuz he realize that he fucked up. Baby it don't take almost a month to figure somethin simple like that out. For real." Amir smirked.

"Whatever." I mumbled.

Amir pulled me into him, leaning back so I could lay on top of him.

"What are you doing?" I giggled.

"Nothin." he smiled, his lips brushing against mine. I really hate how I have to fight the urge to rip his clothes off.

"Mmhmm." I mumbled, causing vibration against our lips touching. I could feel Amir's hands reaching towards my behind. I smiled.

"Don't start somethin you can't finish." I told him, softly kissing his lips.

"Mmm... I can finish. But you ain't gon let me." he chuckled, kissing my lips back.

I bit his bottom lip softly, licking it in the process making him groan lightly. I laughed to myself. I took this as my chance to deepen the kiss. My tounge entered his mouth and we both fought for dominance. I could feel his hands gripping my ass tight now. I then felt his growing arousal on my stomach.

"We gotta stop." I told him, trying to catch my breath. He smirked.

"What if I don't wanna stop?" he challenged. I sat up on top of him and laughed.

"Come on Mir. Plus I'm hungry." I whined.

"I am too. But not for food." he chuckled, licking his lips seductively.

"Ugh. Freaky ass." I smiled. He shrugged his shoulders and laughed. I tried getting off of him but he just tightened his grip.

"Uh uh. You ain't goin nowhere."

"Mirrrrr. Stop playing. I'm ready to get some food."

"Aight. Well lets make a deal first." he smirked.

This can't be good...

"Ok..."

"If you let me get a taste... Then I'll get some food. Deal?" he smiled, waiting for my answer.

"What? No." I blushed.

"Come on. That's the least you can do since we ain't havin sex yet." he smiled. I really didn't want to do it just because I knew I would wanna fuck him after.

"Can we get food first? Then you can." I pleaded with my blue-gray eyes. Amir chuckled.

"Fine. But I already know you bullshittin." he chuckled.

Damn right I am.

-------------

Sorry it's been awhile. I've had writers block sooo bad on this story. Plus I never really get any feedback.

If y'all have anything that y'all would like to see happen. Let me know.

Comment/Vote

Share!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Zemblanity By Estrella Amre

Mystery / Thriller

481 31 20
I ended up searching for the antonym of serendipity and this was the result. Zemblanity, the inexorable discovery of bad things.
20.6K 1K 36
Serendipity: the luck that takes the form of finding valuable or pleasant things that are not sought for. A pleasant surprise. But does letting a...
131K 7.1K 26
serendipity [ser-uh n-dip-i-tee] noun 1.an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident. 2.good fortune; luck: Who knew a wrong skype call w...
99.4K 4.6K 26
"SERENDIPITY" Definition of Serendipity : ser·en·dip·i·ty /ˌserənˈdipədē/ The occurence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial...