Growing Pains ~Cullen Romance...

By Criibabbyy

Aryanna Theirin is born with huge expectations for her. Trying to live up to these expectations will either b... More

Introduction
The Start Of It All
First Encounter
Liar
Life Isn't Perfect.
To Honnleath
Secrets
Trouble
The Hideous Truth
Contract of Blood
Wedding Crashers
Daddy-Daughter Day
Author's Note

Goodbyes

31 0 0
By Criibabbyy

9:29 of Dragon

I smiled as I watched Cullen drink the lyrium. After today Cullen would be considered an official Templar. It's been four years since my father left on his trip and never came back. Lost at sea they claimed. Cailan took crown along with Anora. I started my queen training about a year ago. And Cullen stilled stayed by my side.

I was snapped back to reality by loud clapping. I looked over at Cailan who was hugging Cullen. They both had grown so much and it made me happy. I felt a hand on my back and looked up to see Anora. She smiled at me and I smiled too. She never understood why we took Cullen in and I didn't at first either. In all reality he was suppose to watch my magic use and keep demons away. We all know he became more.

I turned to see him smiling at me while holding his own arms out. I ran into them and his smell instantly hit me and I knew my best friend was really there. "I propose we get ale!" My brother announced. Everyone laughed but me. "Except you little one, you get juice." Cailan said as he kissed my forehead. I giggled at that and we loaded in our wagon to head back to Denerim.

******

I watched as everyone was drinking and laughing. I believe this was the first time I've seen Cullen let loose around me. He's always so modest and kind around me. I remember when he walked in my room unannounced while I was changing. He didn't come in my room for a week. I laughed to myself.

I felt a liquid spill on my dress and some stranger apologize to me. He looked oddly familiar. I rushed to the kitchen to get water to clean my dress out. I scrubbed for what felt like ten minutes and it wasn't coming out. I walked out to go back to our table at the inn. Before I could reach the main area a hand came across my mouth and snatched me back.

**Cullen's POV**

I had watched Aryanna leave but didn't think nothing of it. I chugged a keg but has realized she still wasn't back. As I looked toward the kitchen I seen Ary come out but she was snatched into a room. I got up and looked around, nobody had noticed. I rushed to the room and barged in to see a woman with a blade to Ary's throat. The woman turned around and I realized in horror who she was; an Orlesian assassin.

I grabbed a chair near me and threw it at her. She fell but came at me after she got back up. He knife ready in her hands running at me, I moved to the right just in time. Realizing I was more drunk than I thought, the woman jumped on me pinning me to the ground. Knife to my throat I had no strength to push her off. I felt her push harder against my strength and waited for the blade to make contact with my throat. "Cullen!" Aryanna screamed. I felt a warmth close by and the woman on top of me was screaming. I quickly pushed her off, I looked at her and her back was burned severely. I looked over at Aryanna and she was sobbing, but when I turned around to seize the assassin she was gone.

I ran to Aryanna and she fell in my arms. I pushed her head into my chest and she sobbing harder. I heard Cailan and Anora rush in. "What's going on?!" Cailan yelled out. "I thought she was gonna kill me Cullen." She cried out. "But you saved me and when she was on top of you I thought she was gonna kill you. I had to do something." I smiled as I held her and I chuckled to myself realizing she was still so small. "That's twice now princess. I'm always going to protect you but it looks like you'll so the same."

***** The next morning... Aryanna's POV*****

I awoke to the sound of banging outside my door. I quickly got up to answer to see Cullen . "Your brother wishes to see you princess." I quickly followed after Cullen still in my nightgown.

We arrived in the throne room with just Cailan at his throne. He smiled when he seen us. He motioned for us to come in and I slowly walked in. "Cullen has told me what happened last night. This Orlais business is getting serious Aryanna." I felt my chest tighten thinking about last night. "I would have never forgiven myself if anything happened to you Aryanna. We have taken extra measures to keep you safe since dad's disappearance. But I feel these haven't worked." I noticed his face saddened more. "I've decided to send you to the circle. It's the only way to keep you safe."

I felt my heart drop to my stomach. "You can't! Dad wouldn't let you!" I yelled. He stood up to hug me but I stepped back. "Aryanna... please stop it." He whispered. "I hate you!" I screamed and ran to my room.

********* Later that day*******

I cried in my bed all day ignoring everyone. Cullen came in a few times rubbing my back and trying to talk to me. Anora just thought I was leaving to stay at a hidden home to stay safe. I ignored all of them every time they came in.

I heard a knock at my door and still ignored it. I felt the bed shift behind me and someone hug me from behind. I could tell by the smell it was Cailan. Just feeling his presence behind me made wanna cry. I don't really hate my brother and I don't wanna leave him. I sniffled and the hug tightened. "Do you remember when you were little and you'd run in my room and sleep with me when you had nightmares." He asked me. I cried harder and he heard it. "Aryanna Grace look at me." He gently said.

I turned around sobbing. I hugged his chest and he kissed my forehead. "Cay I don't wanna leave you. It's why I got so mad." He laughed softly. "I don't want you to leave me either little one. You're all I have, but to keep it that way you need to be safe. You stormed out so quick you didn't listen to me." I wiped my face. "I'll come visit once a week, you won't be treated like the others, and you get your own room."

I smiled a little bit. Cailan tickled me and I laughed. I noticed Cullen peek in and I smiled at him. "I'm glad you're better princess." He spoke up and my brother turned around. "Oh! That reminds me! Do you wanna tell her the good news or I, Cullen?" Cailan asked him. Cullen motioned for him to tell me. "Now that Cullen is an official Templar he is to be stationed somewhere and he's decided to go to the circle with you!" He explained. I squealed and jumped off the bed to Cullen. "I love you guys so much!" I yelled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4M 162K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
227M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...
4.1M 199K 101
โœ… "We always long for the forbidden things." ๐๐ฒ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ฉ๐ข๐š๐ง ๐ง๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ฅ โ†ฏ โš”๏ธŽ ส™แดแดแด‹ แดษดแด‡ แด€ษดแด… แด›แดกแด แด„แดแดส™ษชษดแด‡แด… โš”๏ธŽ ...
7.2M 369K 92
If dish soap, rutabagas, and firecrackers aren't an essential part of your zombie apocalypse kit, you better grab them now! Season 1 of The Virus Wit...