The Lonely Girl

By Love-Saya-Chan

Julia is 15 years old with long black hair and blue eyes. She had a tragic death. But she doesn't know she's... More

P1: Prologue
1: Fresh Start
2: Julia's Identity
3. Telling Julia
4. Crying Girl
5. Finding Acey
6. Acey
7. Aaric & Aura
8. The Boy
9. Cross Paths
10. Riko
11. Kiss
12. Restless
13. Too Fast
14. The Culprit
15. Funeral
17. Its All Good
18. Leon's Behavior
19. Christmas Cheers
Epilogue

16. Art

65 8 0
By Love-Saya-Chan

Davis was excited for tonight. It was Friday, and in a few hours, he'll be able to show his masterpiece to his friends and family.

It's a good thing Jina didn't ruin it like she said she would. But Julia stopped her. And Jina hasn't come to school since. She moved schools, in another state. Davis wonders if the scare was so bad.

"Hey," his mother walked in and fixed his shirt. "You look handsome as always."

"Thanks, Mom," Davis smiled. But his smile dropped when her mother didn't look too excited. "What's wrong?"

She didn't seem to want to tell him. But they agreed there were no secrets. "Your father called, he wants to see you both. His in town. And I told him he can see you and your brother at the art gallery."

"Oh," Davis sigh. It feels like his night will be ruined. "Is he bringing his wife?"

"Yes," his mother smiled. "Don't let that bring you down. This is your night." He nodded.

He didn't like his father. He was cruel. When his parents got divorced. All my mother got was money and the car, father kept the house for his new wife. Which annoyed Davis. His father had left them homeless. But now, they have a new home. One that's very special. And his father won't take it.

"Now then let's get going," Amari said.

Davis nodded. They went downstairs where they found, the one and only, worse father in the world. With his new wife.

"What are you doing here?" Amari glared. "How did you find this house? And how did you get in?"

"Sorry, was I not supposed to let them in?" Acey came out of the kitchen. "They knocked and I let them in."

"No, it's fine," Amari said. "How did you get this address?"

"I asked your lawyer," he said.

"Hong you had no right," Amari said. "I should call the police for trespassing. But I won't, because this is a special moment for our son. And I won't let you ruin it. Now out. We leaving. And next time call. Let's go, Acey, where's Malia and Leon?"

"They already left with Malia's dad," Acey said.

"Okay let's go," Amari grabbed her keys and purse.

"I see you found someone," Hong said. Amari didn't act on it.

Acey laughs. "Wow, you're a prick. What? Jealous that she could be with someone like me? Someone rich?"

Davis and Amari dragged him to the car after locking the house door. Tonight is going to be, tense.

Acey drove because Amari was too upset to drive.

"Don't let it affect you," Acey said. "That man has no right to be jealous of you, he made his decision. Plus his new wife looks like she had one too many surgery on that nose. It's going to fall off one day."

"I know, but he gets on my nerves," Amari smiled. "Now I'm worried, Leom hates his father. The last time they saw each other, they got into an argument that ended with Leon punching a hole in the wall."

"Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on him," Acey said. "Malia and I will keep him, near the refreshments section."

"Thank you," Amari smiled.

-

Davis was worried about Leon, he didn't like their father at all just the sight of that man triggers him. Leon had taken their family photos and scratched out their father. He hated him for what he did to their mother.

"Want me to scare him so he won't come back," Julia pops out of nowhere. "Sorry, I was chatting with another ghost."

Davis nodded. "Don't do anything." He whispers.

"Fine," Julia pouted.

They arrived on time. Acey parked and got out. They follow Davis inside. Hong follows as well.

"I'll go find Leon," Acey said and wandered off.

"I'll go with you," Amari said. "We'll meet up at your station."

Davis nodded and he went to find Kristin. He found her with Riko. "I bet he drew a naked woman." Kristin giggle. "Or naked man. Something naked." Davis walked up to them and pinched Riko's arm. "Oh, oh hey. No need to pinch."

"I didn't paint anyone naked," Davis said. "Kristin, you look lovely."

"Thanks," she wrapped her arms around him. He smile and hugged her.

"All this cuteness is making me sick," Riko said. "Where's Acey?"

"He went to find my brother," Davis sighed. "My father is in town. And Leon hates him. He doesn't approve of what he did to our mother. And if Leon sees him. I'm not sure what he'll do. So Acey and my mother went to find him."

"Oh that must suck," Riko said. "Anyways, your drawing. Can't I peek?"

"No," Davis said.

Riko groaned. "Fine, I'll go get me some muffins."

Davis watched him go. "He childish."

"Yup," Kristin smiled. "I can't wait to see it."

"Did your father come?" He asked.

"Yes, he's somewhere around here," Kristin looked around.

"Okay," Davis kissed her cheek.

They waited for a while longer before revealing his project. They had to show off the other's paintings. His was last.

"This painting belongs to Davis Jr. Davison," Davis stepped up. "Tell us about your painting." The art teacher smiled.

"Well this painting represents someone that was lost," Davis said. "But in the end, they found their way home. It can have many meanings. You can decide." Davis removed the blanket that cover it.

Everyone was surprised and admiring the painting.

"Oh my," Amari smiled. "It's so beautiful."

"I knew it, naked, kinda," Riko said.

"Julia," Kristin said.

Julia stared at the painting. It was her. One side was dark and gloomy. And the other, it was bright and happy. But in the middle, she held an orb. Inside the orb was a heart. And the heart had someone inside. She could only imagine who it was supposed to be.

It was all just too pretty. Julia felt at peace. But that doesn't mean she'll move on.

Davis felt happy with how it all worked out. Now he'll have to wait and see if he won. But it doesn't matter. He is just glad he was able to paint this.

While everyone was admiring the paintings. Leon spotted their father and he was not happy. The little commotion drew some attention.

"I don't want him to talk to me," Leon said. "He is not my father."

"Boy, I am your father and you better learn to respect me," Hong said.

"If you were my father, you wouldn't have run off with plastic bitch here," Leon said.

Their father's wife gasps. "How rude, he needs to learn some manners. The military school will do good for him. Right, love?"

"You need discipline," Hong frowned. "Amari, I think it's best if the kids come live with me."

"Like hell will I let you take them," Amari glared. "You won't."

"I'll be talking to my lawyer," Hong said. "Besides, it will be good. They'll be able to watch their new sibling grow up. Mindy is pregnant."

"I don't care," Amari looked at him. "They won't leave my side. You won't take them."

"I will Amari, they are my children too," Hong said. "And I have the right to spend time with them."

"You can, but that doesn't mean you can take them away," Amari said. "I carry them for nine months, and I gave birth to them. I won't let you take them."

"I'm sorry, but Leon needs discipline and the military will help him, as for Davis," Hong shook his head. "He can't waste his time painting. It won't take him anywhere. Mindy's father has offered to give Davis a scholarship. He will use it to get into a good college and study something decent."

"You can't decide our future," Davis said.

"Ahem," Aura walked over. "Am I interrupting?"

"Yes," Mindy said. "This is a family business."

"Oh," Aura tsk. "Well, I overheard you want to take Amari's children. That's not very decent of a properly educated man. But if you're going that way. Amari, I'll gladly lend you, my lawyers. They'll contact you. Don't worry you won't lose your kids. Now the security will escort you two out have a nice day." Aura's smile creeped him out. "Davis comes, and they'll be announcing the winner. After this, we'll go out to eat at one of my favorite expensive restaurants. I already reserved a spot."

"Okay, come on kids," Amari walked past Hong.

Aura follows behind but stops. "My lawyers will contact you. And I suggest you take their deal. Because if you take Amari to court, you'll lose more than your kids. Probably your house and half your money. From what my lawyer managed to find. You haven't paid child support. You spend it all on your new wife's plastic surgeries. So think about it."

The security escorted them out and they did not complain.

Davis took a deep breath. Kristin held his arm. "It'll be okay. Have fate. Your mother won't let anyone take you away from her side." Davis nodded.

They stood there listening to the winner. He won first place. And his painting will be displayed at the art museum for a year. And it'll be returning to him.

He gave out a little speech and dedicated his painting and award to Julia. He explained his reasons and he had everyone in tears. He didn't mean to.

Even Julia herself cried.

"Thank you," she hugged him.

He felt her touch.

Davis smile.

He won't worry about his father, not tonight.
----------------

SayaChan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56 0 36
A girl named Sally has trouble navigating through her teenage life as her home life falls apart. Her relationship with her mom bursting and burning t...
2.2K 299 24
*Editing* Sophia's life had been pretty normal up until this point, Of course she's went through the normal teenage drama, her own personal problems...
18.6K 1K 32
Julia Livingstone, a twenty year old University student, has been on her own since age 16. She loves to hang out with her friends and have fun - some...
16 0 40
Embark on an unforgettable adventure as we trace the life of Julia Raine Lindsay, a young girl whose journey unfolds from the tender age of 14 to the...