Attention » [H.S]

By _Liamssmile

"Oh your Jacket." I say a bit louder as he now leans on his car. I move to take it off, however before I coul... More

Introduction
Casting
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48 (Epilogue)
THE RUNAWAY PRINCE

Part 1

22.7K 341 434
By _Liamssmile

Arabella Mendes  POV
[thursday]

My eyes were trained on the school at the end of the street, one curve and the school bus screeched to a stop. I took a deep breath before walked out the bus, letting the fresh air invade my senses.

"Finally, it's our last year of high school, are you ready?" I said meeting up with my two best friends.

Every year, since the start of school, my best friends and I have walked into school together. It's kind of our tradition.

"As ready as we can be I guess." Adley  shrugged.

"Well are we just going to stand here and stare or what?" Mackenzie said grabbing our arms and dragging us towards the entrance of the school hall.

Let me stop you here.

I'm Arabella Mae Mendes. I'm 17 years old turning 18 soon and Right now, I'm in my final year of high school at Duvall High.

My best friends, Adley, Mackenzie and I - are inseparable. We all live in the same neighborhood which is really convenient.

"I'm quite excited" Adley squeals.

"You're just excited to see Shawn." Mackenzie says causing Adley to blush.

"That's not true, I saw him during the holidays" She argues back making me laugh.

Incase you were wondering Adley has always had a huge crush on my brother Shawn

"You honestly can't speak Mrs Santoy." Adley bounces back.

Tyler Santoy, the guy Mackenzie is with at the moment, they're together, but not dating. They have been 'together' the whole of summer break. Me on the other hand? I'm single.

Guys don't particularly pay attention to me, except for my brother Shawn, and my friend Tom, who I spent most of my summer break with.

"Okay, I don't want a repeat of summer break." I said laughing.

"Remind me again, How are you and your brother even related?" Adley says, glaring at my brother with a star struck expression, while he stands talking to his friends by his locker.

"Okay so he's popular." I shrug, closing my locker with my books against my chest.

"He's also been in a relationship and  goes to parties." Adley says.

"I've had a boyfri--"I fight back rolling my eyes, but before I could finish what I was saying Mackenzie interrupted.

"Dylan doesn't count. You guys were 5 years old, you didn't even know the word boyfriend." Mackenzie laughs

"Okay well whatever, Shawn is also two years older than me and in college and I'm not even going to try argue about the party thing because we all know that's true." I say giggling while turning to face them.

"And he does sport." Adley states.

"I do sport..." I state staring at them, causing us to burst out laughing.

Okay so I'm not some typical popular high school girl. I'd say I'm more of an artsy type of person than anything else really. I'm more shy and on the introverted side. And no I haven't had a boyfriend yet but there's no rush. Right? 

And that's where I differ from my brother. Don't get me wrong, he's great, but he's athletic, talented and outgoing. He's popular and isn't exactly the type to have a girlfriend, but for some reason is very overprotective over me despite the fact that he does that.

But this isn't a typical brother sister love hate relationship, we are very close and I'd say we're more like best friends. Okay well enough about Shawn.

"How about we just enjoy our final year?" I say while following Adley's Gaze.

My gaze meets a strong emerald green one, which is almost enchanting. Suddenly the green gaze disappears leaving me confused. Weird.

"Did you guys-" I start saying turning back to the girls.

"Yes." They cut me off with wide eyes.

"You guys have got to stop cutting me off it's not fa-" I start again.

"That's no fun" Mackenzie laughs.

"Whatever" I just roll my eyes in response, before Adley starts speaking.

"Who was that?" Adley asks, wiggling her brows.

"I don't know." I shrug her off.

"But why was he loo-" she asks.

"He was probably just staring into space, or looking at someone else, maybe at the lockers. I mean mines pretty great ."

"He was checking you out" Mackenzie smirks.

"Whatever you say." I state.

"Where's Tom, we've got art and I don't want to be late on the first day." Adley whines.

"You barley know him" I laugh

"Well, I did meet him twice." Adley shrugs.

"Bella." We all turn at the sound of the voice to see Tom walking towards us.

"We were just about to leave you." I tease.

"Yeah, of course you were." He laughs before greeting the girls.

"Am I missing something?" He asks while the four of us walk to the art room.

"What do you mean?" I ask confused.

"My brothers looking at you?" He asks more questionably.

"Your brother!" Mackenzie and Adley say shocked in unison.

"Your brother?" I asked.

"Yep the one who's staring at you as we speak." He responds causing me to look back and I once again meet the gaze of the emerald green eyes and newly noticed, curly chestnut brown hair.

"Okay, I don't know who he is and I didn't know you had a brother." I say as we walk into the art class.

"I didn't think it was important to mention." He shrugs.

"You didn't think it was important when he is that good looking!" Mackenzie exclaims making me chuckle as Tom shakes my head.

"Let's not call my brother good looking." He frowns making me giggle at his pouted lips.

"That still doesn't mean I know who he is." I smile before sitting down at an easel.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.9K 1.1K 10
"You've worn makeup plenty," you said. "Haven't they ever taken it off you before?" "Not like this," he murmured. Your wrists tickled his nose and he...
98K 5K 42
After Henry got kicked out of his parents house, two years ago, he moved in with his new boyfriend Josh, who supports him and his career as a ballet...
93.8K 2.9K 33
[COMPLETED] This is the story of Alexandra. Alex is a teenager who wants to live a happy, unbothered life and is afraid to get attached to anyone in...
26.9K 1K 42
Bailey is the new student of Northwood High in Los Angeles. As a new student and an Asian, Bailey got a hard time to fit in, but thanks to her new fr...