The Supernatural Curse

By knowmywords

Kathleen Montgomery, that was once just a normal college girl, faces unspeakable things and unfortunate event... More

Part 1 / Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
A/N
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 9

2 1 0
By knowmywords

Surprisingly, my mind was clear. Despite the fact that I was nearly drowned by the same demon and multiple other incidents that involves near-death experience cleared my brain.

There were silence when we walked back to the wolfsbane mat,leaving the demon-infested waters.

James was a gentleman the whole time. He walked by me, his blade in hand as if he was ready for a surprise combat battle.

"You don't have to do that" I said, lowering his sword. "I'm fine"
"I have to protect you" He demands. "It's my duty"
I shrugged. "But really, I'll be okay"
Somehow that made him lower his weapon, leaving his head to shake. "You're right"
I smiled reassuringly as we both notice the growing chemistry within us.

______

"How do we leave?"

Robert's hand balled up, resting it on his right hand in the wooden tables. It was near noon and the sun was beating hot so we decided to resume training around in an hour or so. Besides, the events happened to quickly with the demon. I guess we deserved the rest.

"There's a special spell wrapping the camp's borders" James mentioned as we turned to face Elijah.
"I can't handle that much power" He argues. "Only the coven can"
"Can you drain it?" I asked curiously. "You're not exactly holding it, you're just letting go"
They turned to me and nodding slowly.
"I can try" He sighed. "Tho I need backup, major supremo backup"
They all faced me then. "Alright"

I was too confident for even my own liking but I had to try doing something to help.

"Magic isn't easy, Kath" Robert sighed. "It may trigger different parts of you, you don't even want to feel"

Fear touched my spine, making me jump slightly. "I have to help Elijah if no one else can"
Nobody argued. "There are still guards in the front gate"
"Campers?" I asked.
"More like military retirees" Cassy answers. "We may remove the spell but the gate is still heavily guarded"

"How many are there?" James interrupted.
"4" Cassy answered. But they are as strong as Robert. Like I said, military retirees. Early retirees"

James smirked, "I'll handle that"
"No" I insisted. "If you expose your bites to the guards, Duke will figure its you who escaped the camp without notice"
"Who said I'll bite" He snickered, turning to me.

I gulped over his statement. Somehow James smirking made a different feel to me, especially after what happened.

"Just saying" I mumbled, hiding my embarrassment from the crew.

"Robert and I could deal with them" James says. "We just need distractions"

Our crew looked small and young to distract such guards but a light flickered in my mind. "I have an idea"

_______

Training resumed an hour later and the plan looked like was all in place. We will be leaving in 2 days, that early morning for an even amount of training and an early leave to hell.

The couple searched the pool for any further threats but as they said, "It's clean"

"How do you think she got there?" I asked James as he sighed.
"Not sure. Demons resurrects from hell in hot places. It's either she swam there or she came from hell there"
We watched the couple do their searching playfully and romantically.
"Kath"
I turned to face him.

James looked upset but bitter as if he's been thinking of something. His brows were furrowed and his lips were tucked.

"I've been wanting to tell you this since we met" He sighed.
I gulped. "What is it?"
"I'm-" He stutters. "I'm your keeper"
My brows furrowed this time as he breathed. "What?"
"I'm your keeper" He confirms. "I watched over you for years and I wanted to tell you that"
I recalled the visions in the pool before I was pulled. He was in the house and-

"You were the one who unlocked the door"
James nodded hesitantly.
"You erased my memories" I sighed in disbelief.
"Look" James grabbed my hands and cupped them his. As much as I wanted to pull them away from me, I couldn't. He was so concerned. Too concerned about what I must be thinking about him right now.
"I know I look stupid right now but there's something in you that-" He grunts in exasperation, irritation written all over his face. "It's just magically connected. I'm so-"

But I stopped him. I dragged my hands up to reach his face. I felt the slightly mustached face under my skin. I ghosted my fingertips in his jawline as he closes his eyes.

"I know that feeling" I whispered. "I understand. There's something in you too that makes me so connected to you I don't understand"
"I think every girl that likes me does have that connection, Kath. You're not the only one." He jokes, chuckling. "No one can compete me in such handsomeness"
I laughed. "You're so vain"
His smile became dead serious. "But I am serious. I do have it. I don't know if it's love but there's always a sign to protect you. So I can't leave you"
I grinned. "I know you won't"

Silence took over us but I appreciated the moment of truth James gave me. Somehow my whole life was a lie ever since I stepped in the quarters of Supernatural Camp.

'The truth always have to come out of the person who acted to make it be the truth', my father tells me every time I lie to convinced to bite the weenie and speak.

James' eyes were still close and his breathing was unsteady from my hand still cupping his cheeks. I lowered my hand as he opened his bloodshot eyes.

From a face to face angle, I saw a perfect view of them. His skin was pale and bright, and it made me wonder if he was still alive, would he have such a dead texture in his miles of flesh.

His iris had the scarlet glow. Although from up close, it was a gentle color as if the blood was still flowing in them. There was a softer shade of blue around his pupil that wasn't seen from afar. I wonder if that blue was his mortal eye color.

"Woooh. Up close"

We faced Robert who was already on shore, his arm around his girlfriend's waist. He smirked at the sight.

"Whatever Robbie" James spoke first, pulling away from the closeness we had.
"'Just friends' my ass" Cassy commented. "You guys look cute together"
"Shut up Cassandra" I say as she giggles, passing us.

"Well" James smiled facing me. "Time to wake up sleeping beauty"

________

The cavern was quiet as we went in.

James and Elijah accompanied me. As we walked there, I noticed the streak of grey in Elijah's hair. It looked tucked in his ivory hair as if he didn't want any to notice.

"What's that?" I pointed out as he looked at me.
"What's what?" He asked, his eyes widen. "Is it a bug?!"
I laughed. "No, it's a streak of hair"
"If it's grey, it's original. I was born with it" He explained.
"Why doesn't Robert have one?" I asked as he shrugged.
"Guess he's adopted"

As I entered the curtains, the sight of Jason filled me with sadness.

James nodded as he stayed with Elijah outside the small cave in case of any attacks. As much as I wanted James to be here, I assumed waking Jason up should be personal.

I kneeled, watching him sleep soundly. He wasn't snoring, not typical Jason. He always slept with his mouth agape. I knew that ever since I moved in his place. He looked right where I left him, silent and still. Though his
skin proved he wasn't dead. It still glowed with life.

I ran my hands through Jason's ginger hair, it was thick and curly. Just like his sister's.
"Don't mind me Jason" I whispered, afraid to wake him. "Ill just see take a peek"

I closed my eyes as I lay my right hand on his forehead. Entering his mind.

I was overwhelmed with what I saw. Miles of sand grains were under the thick skin of my foot. The warm breeze passed me, making me smell the sea from miles away. The sun was setting, giving a light glow of orange, purple and pink. It's like a rainbow scattered in the skies.

"One to see right?"

I faced him. The figure was a few meters away as he strolled, his feet touching the waves that touched the shore. But it didn't take me long to realize who.

"Jason" I sighed in relief.

He smiled as he walked to me. His shirt was thin enough to expose certain scars from his dark past. Sweatpants hung lowly on his thigh, exposing his v line.

He reached me as I ran in his arms. My heart pounding, smelling the sea in his shirt.

"Oh love" He smiled pulling me away slightly. "What are you doing here?"

"I come to wake you" I explained, my heart fluttering with joy. "But I wanted to see how you were doing"

He smiled, which surprised me. I always thought he would get mad at me or even upset I made him hibernate this long.

"Thank you" he faced the seas. "I needed some time"
"They said you might-"
"Break?" He faced me, his frown evident. "I see"
Silence filled us but all I need was answers. "What do they mean?"
"Shapeshifter" He explained. "We have the power to control every thing in our body. Too much anger can break us. Meaning there were so much things our body thinks and does. If one does another thing, multitasking. My body could give up the gene and I might-"

"Die" I guessed, my heart dropped at the thought. He nodded but again faced me with a smile.

"I'm glad you did that" His face lit up as he sent his gratitude.

We watched the scenery in silence. "I always wanted to come back here"

I would want too, I thought.

"Why?"
"Well" He started. "It's our getaway. I and Rebecca's"
"What do you mean?"
"Remember when she ran away from home when she was young?"
"Yeah"
"She went here. It may be a 2 hour drive but taking a bus here was easy and cheap. This place was always empty"
I inhaled the ocean air. "I see"

"You found her here?" I asked politely.
"Yeah" he says, exhaustion in his voice. "She was crying"
He turned to me, puppy eyes was evident in his face. He was frowning and his eyes were glassy from the tears.
"Are we going to save her?"
I nodded. "Yes, we will"
He smiled once more, even from the tears trailing down his cheeks. "Thank you"
I grinned at him.
He wiped the tears with the back of his hand before saying, "I'm ready to wake now"

His eyes were shut and for a second I wanted to stay here with the sun sinking slowly and the skies grew darker. But I had no choice if I had to save Rebecca from Don, especially from death. Despite the fact she was already dying.

I shut my eyes and as I opened them, the scenery was gone. I was back in the cold cavern, the warm air staining my skin. Jason was still before me, my hands still lay on his head.

"Wake" I whispered before his eyes slowly open.

He scanned the room before landing on me. He smiled widely. "Thank you again, Kath"

I nodded, accepting his gratitude. I stood slowly before helping him sit up.

"James will keep you updated with the events while you were gone" I explained. "I'll be talking to our new member"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

986 114 30
*COMPLETED* Two girls find themselves back at Beacon Hills, their childhood home, and discover secrets that weren't shared, such as their one friend...
439 33 8
two girls who were humans aren't anymore, they dont know what they are and to top it off they have 6 mates whose families are trying to kill them.
3K 85 23
Kate is a monster hunter on her way to a lead on the Shapeshifter that killed her daughter three years ago when she finds herself saving Sam and Dean...
1.1K 49 11
╰─➤ ❝ 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐩 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐲 𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐦𝐚'𝐬 𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐫! ❞ Some...