Spy for Life (A Watty Awards...

By loganmarny17

Cast: Emma Watson (from Harry Potter series) as Cassandra Rosenwood Logan Lerman (Percy Jackson and the ligh... More

Chapter 1: Leaving
Chapter 3: Farewells
Chapter 4: The Assignment
Chapter 5: The Hide Out
Chapter 6: First Day
Chapter 7: Him
Chapter 8: Our Lair

Chapter 2: S.P.A.D.E.

1.5K 25 9
By loganmarny17

Here is the leading guy!!! Logan Lerman will play James Knightley. His picture is on the side. I change my mind!!!

On with the story!!! 

********************************************************

Chapter 2: S.P.A.D.E.

I began to see ghosts since I was 5, like Jason. But, unlike him, I don't cry like it's such a big deal. I'm not a big baby like him. At first, I stared at the ghost with curious eyes, wondering, why they're glowing. Then, my sense of touch kicks in and I tried to touch it. I felt the ghost's hand like a real person except I didn't feel the heat that a normal person should have. There was no heat when you touch a ghost.

My first ghost was a kid, a boy, around eleven. He said he drowned in the family's pool one evening when he tried to reach for his stuff bear. I listened to his every word with curiosity. I never tried to interrupt him or asked after his story because we were in the kitchen with mom. I wouldn't want her to think that I was talking to myself. That's how mature I've gotten since 5.

So the little boy named Tommy stayed with me until I was 12, in which I already began spying. After all we've been through I finally helped him found his lost teddy bear and brought it to his little sister to play with. His parents were so shocked because when they moved, they forgot about it. After that, I never found another ghost as my best friend. They all just seemed to drop by and give me thanks for my service and they go into the light. Such a cliche, I know, but that's what happens. They say their thanks and a band of light wraps around their body and they just disappear.

The trip to S.P.A.D.E. was quiet. Dad focused on driving and mom focused on applying make up which turned out perfect even if she's in a moving vehicle. She must have been practicing. Jason keeps on doddling in his notebook and playing with his seat belt. While everyone have their own things to do, I felt bored the whole time.

I just stared outside, observing for the last time, because I may not come back here for a very long time. I tried to remember everything there is to remember around the vicinity. I would surely miss them all. I wish I also have their pictures like the ones I have of our house and family. A tear rolled down my cheek as I began to feel hollow inside.

Dad parked at the back of the building. Then he pulled the handbrake and instead of going out, both mom and dad just sat there. I began to look up and saw tears in mom's eyes and a sad look in dad's. I hope she doesn't cry because it would totally ruin her make up.

"Honey, we know it's very hard for you that we are not around to witness everything going on in your life. It's very hard for us too. But you've been brave and we're very proud of you." Dad pointed out.

"So we want to give you this." Mom said.

She took out a small box from the glove compartment and handed it to me. The box is pink with a very white ribbon on top. I tried to hold my tears back. I was so touched by their present that I don't care what it is. I was just overjoyed that they hadn't forgotten me. That they miss me too.

"You guys, you shouldn't have even bothered" I said, my tears brimming over my eyes.

" Go on, open it." Mom urged.

When I lifted the cover, I gasped. It was a necklace that has a beautiful pendant hanging in the middle. It looks like a crystal teardrop wrapped around in gold braces, holding it in place. The braces were so elegant when they turned and twisted around the crystal. Tears were starting to flow down my cheeks. I was so shocked. I kept on crying and I think if I keep on going, I just might fill the van with my tears.

"It's real diamond. You like it?" Dad asked.

"It's so beautiful!" I exclaimed and hugged them both from the front seat. Diamond or crystal, it doesn't matter. They gave me something so I can remember them. I don't care if it was a rag or a bucket. I would still cherish it all my life. I wanted to die with it. That's how much it's important to me.

I wore it around my neck. It glowed so much, from reflecting the sunlight, my eyes stung.

"I love you, guys." I said cheerfully.

"We love you too, honey. But don't expect to get a gift from us on your birthday because we already gave it." My mom joked. The tears went down her cheeks but didn't ruin her make up. I think she used my waterproof mascara!

Seeing my reaction, she told me innocently, "I was going to return your mascara!"

"Never mind, mom. You can keep it." She smiled.

"But I don't have anything for you guys!" I said, feeling guilty.

"Don't worry, you already gave us a very special gift." Dad said.

I didn't understand so I asked, "What did I give?"

"You." Dad replied happily.

"And this mascara, so I can remember you from France!" Mom said, laughing while holding the mascara.

We went out of the family van and entered the back door of the building. You know why the back door? Because S.P.A.D.E. is disguised like a casino. The first and second floors really are gambling stations but the third up to the twelfth floor are spy floors. The casino is a source of funds too. The building is so big because this is the main and only branch of the company in the U.S. The other branches are scattered all over the world. Even in the countries you never thought existed, they're there alright.

When we entered the backdoor, we began to see the kitchen of the casino. The people in here are just staff and don't know about the upper floors. They just think someone rich bought it as their own so they don't linger upstairs. By the freezer was Mr. Gilch, the key keeper to the upper floors of the building. He manages the freezer and its contents so no one would find out about the secret entrance. There was no one in the kitchen, which was odd since it's a very busy day in the casino.

"Hey, Fredrick. Why are there no staff in the kitchen?" Dad wondered too.

"I cleared them out because I know you guys are going in as a family. They'll notice why I let a whole family inside the freezer so I told them all to serve the guests, even the chefs." He grinned widely.

"You should get going, they might come back any minute now!" He continued worriedly.

He got his keys and opened the freezer. He shove us in and locked the door behind us.

"Well, this is cold. I never got used to it. It always hits me hard." Mom said, shivering by the cheese counter.

"Come on. We don't want to be anymore late than we already are." Dad sighed.

He headed towards the meat section and began squeezing between it and the vegetable counter. Once he got in, he pressed a thumb on the 17th brick from the ground. Then, it sank quietly and he started counting from that brick. His hand counted the 14th cream brick to the right of the sunken brick. He pressed and it sunk too. From there, he counted 23 bricks upward and pressed it hard. It glowed and instead of sinking like the other two, it protruded and a symbol of the company appeared. A spade. He twisted it to the right 16 times and to the left 7 times and pushed it back down the wall.

The bricks started moving aside, rearranging to create a big hole in the middle of the freezer. It started to get warm as the air from the other room wash over us.

"I could have done it faster and not let us freeze to death here." Mom said, quite irritated at how cold she is.

"Now, now Melanie. Don't forget who ended up being an ice sculpture in here. The company spent weeks defrosting you." Dad reminded her jokingly.

Mom only groaned at the memory and shivered again. Dad laughed hard. He ushered us in the company and smiled.

"Ahhh. Nice warm air. Don't you think so?" Dad continued laughing.

"They only spent 5 days defrosting me!" Mom countered dad's joke.

"At last, S.P.A.D.E." I whispered, quite happy that I came back after almost 3 months of summer vacation.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.2K 609 26
All rights go to CW and Kevin Williamson, and Julie Plec, all except for the fan made characters. Heartofice97: Alexandra "Alex" Gilbert, Kacie L...
117K 3K 39
•In which, two actors meet due to a number mixup• started: december 4th, 2019 ended: may 28th, 2020 ©WholesomeHolland 2019 All Rights Reserved TOM HO...
2.3K 38 14
Pheobe Harrington along with her best friend Julie Molina were completely heartbroken when Julie's mother died who was also like a second mother to p...
44.1K 1.7K 88
"𝕿𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊 𝖎𝖘 𝖆 𝖈𝖑𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝖕𝖗𝖊𝖋𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝖇𝖞 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖌𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖙 𝖒𝖆𝖏𝖔𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖞 𝖙𝖔 𝖆𝖉𝖏𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖊𝖝𝖕𝖊𝖈𝖙𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘." This book co...