reconstruct, drarry āœ“

By siriuslymack

to rebuild once more. ā”€ā”€ š™Øš™žš™§š™žš™Ŗš™Øš™”š™®š™¢š™–š™˜š™  Ā© // 2018 ( on hiatus for editing ! ) More

foreword
cast
notice
prologue
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
A/N
Ch.11
Ch.12
Ch.13
Ch.14
Ch.15
Ch.16
Ch.17
Ch.18
Ch.19
Ch.20
Ch.21
Ch.22
Ch.23
Ch.24
Ch.25
Ch.26
Ch.27
Ch.28
Ch.29
Ch.30
Ch.31
Ch.33
Epilogue

Ch.32

5.1K 271 73
By siriuslymack

The dark haired boy must have laid there silently pondering unimaginable things for a couple hours before he finally let a small smile grace his oddly elfish like features. Now Harry, although lithely built, had a button shaped nose and sphere shaped glasses, he also had slightly pointed ears and a sharp jawline, not un-similar to that of the creature. He was also on the shorter side of things, which probably didn't help his matter much.

Finally, letting out a long and deep exhale, he slowly stood from his bed, just as the clock on his bedside table struck eleven thirty-seven pm. Adjusting his white tee and well-worn green plaid pajama bottoms, he silently slide across the slippery white tiled floor of the hospital wing. Harry was famous for his midnight wanderings and odd mishaps during the night however, most times he was accompanied by one of his best friends, but this time he was alone. It wasn't that Harry wanted his friends to be with him for this particular mission you could call it, quite the opposite actually. He just couldn't seem to shake the feeling of nervousness and anxiety spinning in his stomach as he stopped at the large steel door, locked by both magic and a key, which carelessly sat on the shelf.

Swallowing all his fear and all his worries about the entire situation on what he was about to do, he quietly muttered the counter lock spell on the door, and tried to soundlessly open the door with the nosily chained keys. Every small noise sounding like a gunshot to Harry, he tried to get it done as quickly as he could until finally, with a seemingly loud squeak against the floor tiles, the door was breached.

Harry froze. Standing there silently as the door fell back on its thankfully well-oiled hinges, to see a tuft of blonde hair catching the small rays of moonlight from the tiniest window that could have ever been made in the cement like prison cell. Draco was curled in a tight ball surrounded by a mound of ripped and torn blankets on a mattress that looked as if it had been attacked with a set of razor blades as long deep slashes had been made in the tight fabric.

The blonde boy, although Harry knew him to be well awake as he had heard the soft and heartbreaking whimpers echo their way through the room for a couple hours now. They were never loud enough to wake the Medi-nurse from her well deserving deep slumber, but not quite quiet enough that Harry couldn't hear them well enough to know it was him. Starting to get the feeling that he was unwanted and that this was horrible idea to even try, he was about to turn away when he heard the smallest sob fall from the pale blonde boys lips. It was then that Harry knew he couldn't turn away, past feuds and rivalries be damned.

Trying to slow his now rabbit speed heartbeat, the black haired boy tentatively walked closer to the pale ghostlike boy who lay huddled from the light, looking extremely weak and fragile. He was maybe a few footsteps from the edge of the mattress before the other boy noticed his presence in the room. Watery silver grey eyes me his own, they seemed to swim with sadness as they looked up at him. Feeling a series of huge waves of emotion being thrown onto him, that he was certain weren't his own he timidly, yet still sure of his actions, slowly lowered himself next to the wet faced Draco Malfoy.

"Hi," Harry spoke, breaking the deafening silence with the sound of his slightly hoarse voice. Wiping his now red eyes with the back of his hand, he refused to meet Harrys gaze, as he murmured quiet as a mouse's footfalls.

"Hi..."

They sat in silence until Draco spoke once more, still not meeting the others eyes and looking at anything but him.

"Why are you here?" he asked his voice betraying him as it cracked, due to its recent over use.

"Do you want me to leave?" Harry asked, wondering if maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all.

"No!" Draco yelped slightly in fear, before trying to recompose himself. "I mean, um, I would prefer if you would stay. If you want to, of course."

Smiling smally at the blonde, Harry then said with a troubling expression and fumbled with his hands as he spoke. "Why didn't you tell me before? That you and I are..."

"Mates," Draco supplied with a sinking feeling. He knew it. Harry was going to reject him and doom him to die just like he predicted. Honestly what was Draco thinking when his creature self-chose the Potter boy. Obviously, he would never fall for him, hell he probably doesn't even like guys.

"So..." Harry pestered curiously, feeling another seed of sadness bloom into his stomach that wasn't his own.

Clearing his throat Draco then said, "Honestly I didn't know who it was myself until I saw you at Hogsmeade. All I knew was that it was Gryffindor, most likely in our year or the one below. To be completely truthful with you I actually thought it was Granger at first because I caught your scent on her first."

"Her scent?" He asked slightly bewildered. He could tell who it was from their scent? That's bloody barmy... and wicked.

"Yeah, she smelt of you. Completely intoxicating, it was like being on cloud nine. However, Grangers scent was much more muted then to the fresh one of you... sorry I probably sound bloody mad as a hatter."

Harry shook his head, "No, actually it's fine really... How did Blaise know it was me?"

Draco's face turned a light pink before he mumbled out, "Blaise knew it was you because he was my personal observer who could read my emotions and my comfort levels around people better than even myself. It probably helped that my Aunt Bella and him were comparing notes on my mood and happiness levels twenty-four seven.

"Speaking of Blaise, do you know if he's alright... after what I did to him?" He asked, with his hands shaking and looks of fear and worry written broadly across his face.

"Yeah he's okay. He got to leave the hospital wing after getting a few stiches in his shoulders from your claws and he got a few of his larger bruises healed." Draco nodded stiffly feeling slightly better that he didn't do any serious harm to his best friend; he wouldn't have been able to live with himself if he had.

"I'm sorry."

"What?" Harry replied utterly confused as he looked over to see Draco seeming to be on the edge of a fit of some sort.

"I said I'm sorry. I've been horrible to you for years and years and now it's finally caching up to me. I'm sorry for being an ass and egotistical prick to you and your friend. I'm sorry for making your life absolutely miserable with my insufferable teasing and name calling. But most of all I'm sorry to and physical harm I have done to you over the years, including my behavior towards you yesterday." He paused, his breathing becoming shaky at the end before speaking up once more.

"I know there is no possible way to show you that I mean every single word that I'm saying because I have no idea how I can prove it to you. I wouldn't blame you if your refuse to accept my sorry excuse of an apology and decide to leave me here to die from my own fate but if you do, don't think that I'd blame you because I would do the same thing. There's no way you should ever even possibly consider trusting me let alone l-loving me." He spoke now looking on the brink of tears again.

Hurriedly he wiped his eyes and looked up at you, "But if you are going to leave me to die, I know it's a lot to ask, but can you please tell Blaise that I'm sorry for taking his friendship for granted and never realizing how much of a good friend he was until now, and I-"

"Draco," Harry spoke looking completely flustered and shocked all at once. "I'm not going to leave you to die, okay?"

"Don't give away promises you can't keep and tell lies to me Potter," He spat on the brink of tears and rage. Draco didn't know what was happening, before they were having a nice civilized conversation but no wit felt as if Harry, or Potter as he used to call him. Had ripped off a Band-Aid on a still new cut, which was only halfway healed. What he was saying infuriated and dare he say it stung and burned him in ways it shouldn't. He couldn't grasp the concept that Harry would actually like to have a future with him.

"I'm not leaving you to die. It's not who I am no matter who you are, or how you've treated me in the past." He stubbornly remarked as he stared down the pale boy, who did the same just as sharply. Harry wasn't afraid. He knew that Draco was dangerous hell he had seen the boy in action on a rage feast but he wouldn't hurt him. He knew it.

"You have no idea what you're getting into Potter. You have no idea the commitment to me you'll need to make." Like he was being forced at gunpoint to say this Draco grumbled unable to understand why he would want to throw his life away. Here he could led a perfectly normal life with whomever he wanted and actually truly loved, instead of staying with Draco out of fear.

"Actually I'm pretty sure I do. Your mother left me a book explaining it all."

Trying to stifle he growl coming to his throat, Draco spat out in a tone much sharper then intended at the inky haired boy. "Well maybe you're stupider then I thought previously then Potter. You're just going to sign your life away to your former enemy and expect it to be okay?"

"The key word in statement, Draco , is former. You're not my enemy no more." Harry replied equally as sharp, not scared of the consequences that would surely follow.

"Then what am?!" Draco said angrily, unable to keep his emotions intact for long.

"My Mate."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 6.2K 25
Everyone came back for their 8 year , except one person - Harry Potter . After the war he desapeard , no one could find him . Draco didn't mind not h...
27.3K 356 12
Just a bunch of Drarry Oneshots! Don't be afraid to comment or DM a request! Hope you enjoy reading :) DracoMalfoy x HarryPotter
8K 265 12
Harry was bored at a party. Draco's party. started as a one shot. now a short story. started September 2017 finished April 2, 2018
545K 10.8K 37
||Instagram/Texting Story|| It's obvious Harry and Draco fell for each other. Is it really though? [Started: 13.02.2021] [Finished: 14.11.2021]