The Odd One Out

By Hozrien

Akiyama was just a normal girl in a simple town who had a simple life, until she discovered the band, The Wan... More

Odd One Out Chapter 2
Odd One Out Chapter 3
Odd One Out Chapter 4
Author's Note

Odd One Out

1K 6 3
By Hozrien

(On the side is what Akiyama looks like or well similiar looking, though she's a bit more on the fluffy side and not as pretty looking xD.)

This is one of my first fanfics on the band The Wanted. I don't own the guys in any way shape or form.

Chapters MAY get mature later on but shouldn't be all that much to worry about. Thank you for reading and tell me what you think. I don't have a beta/editor.)

I was the girl who sat in the front of the classroom oblivious to surroundings and focusing on the work I was given, which often earned other classmates coming to me to ask for help with the work. I wore glasses to hide dull brown eyes that were off staring into the distance or focused on a book, often no one was able to pull me away, unless they wanted a book launched at their face. I was quiet unless around a group of friends that open up and find the girl hidden behind a mask, which was placed carefully, and noticed for who she was and not her appearance.

 My name is Akiyama, Aki for short, and this is just me in my everyday life.

-

A loud bang on the door before it opened, and a voice calling out, “Akiyama! It’s time to get up, you got school.” My dad, Nieve, yelled out while leaving the door open as light streamed into the room. I let out a groan and wiggled out of my cocoon of sheets that covered my whole body, head as well, and trying not to fall head first onto the floor.

 “I’m up I’m up.” I groaned out and ran into the wall first before managing to find the door, heading out and into the bathroom that was right across from my bedroom. I quickly turned on the shower finding the right temperature and stripped, climbing in and trying to wash my drowsiness away.

 Twenty minutes later I was out and fresh while heading back to my bedroom to close the door behind myself, and started looking for some clothes to wear for the day. In the end I settled for blue jeans and a black t-shirt that basically hid everything, as I wasn’t one to show off skin, and quickly got some socks while pulling sneakers on afterwards.

 After putting on the things that I needed I waited patiently for my dad and little brother to get ready, as my purse and book-bag was already on my shoulder. After they got ready, I headed to our little minivan and was soon on their way to school.

 Within the next few hours of school was dull and a routine when the Math class I was in brought in a radio for people to listen to as it was turned on and then voices washed over me, surprising me in the progress as I wasn’t familiar with the song

The sun goes down

The stars come out

And all that counts

Is here and now

My universe will never be the same

I'm glad you came

You cast a spell on me, spell on me

You hit me like the sky fell on me, fell on me

And I decided you look well on me, well on me

So let's go somewhere no-one else can see, you and me

The music seemed to flow into my body and I looked down at my notebook, somehow managing to scribble down the lyrics as they came out. Red tinted my cheeks in embarrassment and I closed it as the bell rang for the end of the day, heading out the door and heading home for the day with the song on my mind and I was clicking tongue at the roof of my mouth as I tapped fingernails on the minivan door, excited to get home and look up the lyrics to see what it was and who it was by.

 I dashed into my room and closed the door behind me, after getting home, then turning on the laptop and opening the shade to let the sunlight into my blue & black room.  I flopped down on the bed after throwing backpack and purse onto the floor without a care in the world, plopping notebook next to me so I could glance over to it for the lyrics. Tongue darted out to nervously lick my lips as almost immediately two thousands results came up and I clicked the first link I saw.

 It was a YouTube link that had redirected me to the video for the song and I leaned forward with my headphones on to listen closely and slightly study the faces of the ones who were singing, a emotionless expression was worn, as the song blared away in my ears but yet I barely seemed to notice. I lifted gaze to the top of the title and brow raised at the title, “The Wanted”. I thought that was a rather odd band name then again there have been odder.  They were all attractive guys and I decided to listen to more of their songs, while I started researching info on them.

 I headed for Wikipedia first and there wasn’t that much info on them, earning a frown and I started searching more, I would pause the music as I found something called, “Wanted Wednesdays”. My eyebrows rose curiously and without warning, hours passed by as I watched video after video and was laughing through all of them.

 My eyes often searched for the guy named Nathan Sykes who had caught my attention almost immediately, as well as all the other members of the group. I felt like that I could just reach through the screen and steal his hat, while laughing playfully to see the reaction I could earn from it. I shook out of my daydream with a shy smile worn on my lips, as it was close to being 11pm and I had school the next day, so I turned off my laptop and headed to bed.

-

  The next few days passed in a blur as I watched interview after interview, music video after music video, and Wanted Wednesdays day after day. I was managing to do well in school without falling behind in class due to what this band was doing to my social life, well not that I much had one anyways, and I managed to set up a twitter account for herself to meet other people who also liked them.

 I was just roaming around twitter when a DM popped up from a friend that I often chatted with.

 ‘HEY! Guess what!?! I’m going to the UK!!’ Was the DM I received and with a slight raised brow, I replied.

 ‘Oh? Awesome. I’m nowhere near that place though! Haha’

 ‘That’s what I’m saying, why don’t we go together! We can meet at the airport!”

 ‘How?’ it was a short and simple reply, as my mind had gone blank at trying to run the possible situations in my head.

 ‘Get someone to drive you to meet me then get to the airport and then on the plane!’

 “I don’t know…I would have to talk to my dad about that!’

 ‘DO IT NOW! I want you to come to the UK with me!!’ If I had actually be talking to her in real life, Aki felt like that she would be shouting in her face.

 ‘I’ll try, I can’t promise anything.’ I removed my laptop from her lap and slid off the bed, and heading into the living room to find my dad sitting in his usual spot.

 “Hey Dad…you know the friend you saw on twitcam and talked to before? Well…she’s going to the UK and wants me to come too.” I lightly nibbled her lower lip, which was already sensitive to because of my teeth and started bleeding in effect.

 He removed his gaze from our TV and looked at me with a thoughtful expression, “You mean Evelyn? Of course it’s fine, she’s a lovely girl and you need to get out more anyways.” He smiled at Aki and then I dashed back into her bedroom, opening up twitter and DMS.

 “He said I could go! Now all we have to do is figure out how we meet up!” I was excited for the mere thought of going to UK and exploring the place, maybe even meet some new people, as it was a place I considered moving to before.

 “You have my cellphone number don’t you? Call me and we’ll figure it out, we’re leaving in a few days!”

 I paused in thought and looked around my messy room with a soft sigh, knowing it was going to be a rough the next couple of days, plus I would have to somehow get out of school for a while and not fail for the year. I groaned at the thought but quickly replied.

 “Yes, I’ll do it. Talk to you soon and hopefully meet you soon.” With that I closed my DMS and scrolled down my timeline occasionally seeing tweets from the boys, which would almost always bring a smile. Every now and then if I was in the mood, she would tweet them knowing I wouldn’t get an answer.

 @NathanTheWanted @SivaTheWanted @TomTheWanted @MaxTheWanted @JayTheWanted I’m coming to the UK in a few days!!!!

 I laughed and shook my head, turning off laptop and reaching for the phone so I could call Evelyn and waited patiently for her to answer.

 A familiar cheerful voice washed over me and I let out a soft laugh, “Hey there! So we’re going to the UK in a few days?”

 “Yes we are!!!! I look forward to it because we’ll be staying in an apartment it seems with a few other people but it wouldn’t hurt, we can make new friends!” I winced and pulled the cellphone away from ear, then placed it back.

 “Alright, we don’t get kicked out or anything for not having a reservation. I look forward to meeting you at the airport; do we know what class we get? I’m guessing the commoner section.”

 “You’re wrong! It’s first class! Since I won the contest to go there, they are giving first class and said I could bring a friend!”

 I resisted the urge to facepalm, “Ahh cool, this will be fun! Well, I’ll talk to you later Evelyn.” With that I hung up the phone and ran fingers through my messy hair. The next few days would be interesting but I was looking forward to it.

---

First chapter I guess? Not one of the best but it's a slow-paced story but I won't make things to slow!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 66.4K 59
As future king, Prince Thomas is set to hold his selection in order to find a wife. 20 girls from the Commonwealth are chosen to compete for his hear...
81.3K 6.4K 34
โ™ก ๐‘จ๐’ˆ๐’‚๐’“ ๐’•๐’– ๐‘บ๐’‰๐’Š๐’— ๐’•๐’๐’‰ ๐’Ž๐’†๐’Š๐’ ๐‘บ๐’‰๐’‚๐’Œ๐’•๐’Š, ๐‘ป๐’– ๐‘น๐’‚๐’Ž ๐’•๐’๐’‰ ๐’Ž๐’†๐’Š๐’ ๐‘บ๐’Š๐’•๐’‚, ๐‘ป๐’– ๐‘ฒ๐’“๐’–๐’”๐’‰๐’ ๐’•๐’๐’‰ ๐’Ž๐’†๐’Š๐’ ๐‘น๐’‚๐’…๐’‰๐’‚ ๐’ƒ๐’‚๐’ ๐’‹๏ฟฝ...
348K 8K 27
book 1 of the windows of the soul duology โœฟ โœฟ โœฟ lucent: softly bright or radiant โœฟ โœฟ โœฟ My brother's hand traces the cut on my right cheek for so...
208K 5.6K 102
not you're average mafia brothers and sister story.. This is the story of Natasha Clark, an assassin, mafia boss, and most of all the long lost siste...