Hogwarts: A Snake in the Gras...

By LupinsWerewolf

Molly Black begins her sixth year at Hogwarts and she is broken. Having witnessed the death of her father, sh... More

Hogwarts: A Snake in the Grass
1: A Strained Relationship
2: Return to Hogwarts
3: The Worst Time of Month
4: The Army
5: Hurt
6: Erised
7: Dark Wizard
8: The Downward Spiral
9: Home
11: The True War Begins

10: The Hardest Betrayal

464 17 2
By LupinsWerewolf

We ran into the castle and up the stairs to the tower. That was where the Dark Mark was towering over. Remus gave a slight nod to me to tell me to transform. It would give us more of a chance, providing none of the students attacked me.

I groaned and fell onto all fours, feeling fur grow on my body and my teeth sharpening. I growled and made myself as big as I could. Tonks nodded at me and I gave her a toothy grin. With that, I charged into the crowd, protecting students who were going to get attacked from behind.

I started making my way up the stairs and saw Seamus about to get hit by a curse. I pounced onto the Death Eater casting it and knocked him off the stairs. I then turned to Seamus and put my face right up to his, breathing heavily. He gulped and I turned away, making my way towards Nico's scent. I found him battling a large Death Eater and leapt between them. I was hit by multiple curses but I just knocked the Death Eater away.

'Molly!' Nico's voice was filled with delight.

I heard people at the top of the tower but saw they had blocked the way.

'Severus, please,' I heard Dumbledore plead.

I then heard Snape's voice say 'Avada Kedavra.'

I changed human and ran at the door.

'NO!' I screamed.

'What happened?' Remus appeared.

'I don't know,' Nico was deflecting spells, 'She turned human suddenly, she didn't say why!'

The door suddenly opened and I was flung out of the way by a spell. I hit the wall and grimaced in pain. My leg was completely out place.

'TRAITOR!' I yelled at the one man I hated more than any other right now.

Snape froze slightly at my voice. Everyone else was too busy to even see him, but I saw his wand move ever so subtly. My breath caught in my throat as I prepared myself for whatever horror he was about to unleash on me, but nothing came.

Instead, he pain in my leg subsided. I looked down to see that it was tightly wrapped up and no longer at a weird angle. I looked up again but Snape was nowhere to be seen.

I saw Harry run after the group of Death Eaters. I tried to stop him but Ginny was standing over me. I held onto her arm and she helped me up. I couldn't bend my leg due to the splint so she had to help me.

'Come on,' she helped me limp down the stairs. Nico and Remus had disappeared but we were surrounded by bodies.

We headed towards the foot of the Astronomy Tower. A body was lying there and I knew immediately who it was. I heard Ginny gasp and let go of me while I stood there, feeling empty.

Everyone started milling around us. I heard people gasping and someone put their arms around me. I immediately knew it was Josh and I rested my head on his shoulder. We all lifted our wands and shone a light up. We were all silent as Harry sat by Dumbledore, crying.

McGonagall took all of the Order to the Hospital Wing and a few other kids were there too, such as Josh, Nico, Hermione, and Ron. Most others were treated in the Great Hall.

Madam Pomfrey bandaged up my many scratches and Josh held my hand. Nico stood over me, a sadness in his eyes.

'That's why you were acting that way, wasn't it,' he asked and I nodded slightly.

Bill Weasley had been attacked by Greyback but in human form. He was incredibly lucky, otherwise, he would be a real werewolf.

Harry explained to everyone what happened, but I didn't listen. All I needed to know was that Snape killed Dumbledore. But Snape helped me. And I was more confused than I had ever been before.

McGonagall appeared and they started to discuss Snape. Remus' voice became uncharacteristically harsh. It turned out Remus had almost been hit by a Killing Curse. If he had been an inch to the left, we would be mourning him too.

Everyone was discussing what had happened. Hermione and Luna had been tricked by Snape and sent off to the other side of the school while he went to kill Dumbledore. Fleur and Mr and Mrs Weasley appeared and headed straight to Bill. Remus and Tonks walked over to me and Remus put his hand on my shoulder.

'Are you OK?' he asked me.

I nodded slightly and he sat on the other side of me to Josh. He pulled me into a hug and I rested my head on his shoulder.

'Who fixed your leg up?' he asked, 'It clearly wasn't Poppy, it was done too quickly. I wasn't aware of any student who would know that spell.'

'Snape,' I whispered and Remus fell silent.

Remus stood up a little minute later and he and Tonks went over to the rest of the group again.

I watched them, wondering if they would ever go out when Tonks grabbed Remus.

'You see!' she said in a strained voice. 'She still wants to marry him, even though he's been bitten! She doesn't care!'

'It's different,' said Remus, barely moving his lips and looking suddenly tense. 'Bill will not be a full werewolf. The cases are completely -'

'But I don't care either, I don't care!' said Tonks, seizing the front of Remus' robes and shaking them. 'I've told you a million times...'

'And I've told you a million times,' said Remus, refusing to meet her eyes, staring at the floor, 'that I am too old for you, too poor... too dangerous...'

'I've said all along you're taking a ridiculous line on this, Remus,' said Mrs Weasley over Fleur's shoulder as she patted her on the back.

'I am not being ridiculous,' said Remus steadily. 'Tonks deserves somebody young and whole.'

'But she wants you,' said Mr Weasley, with a small smile. 'And after all, Remus, young and whole men do not necessarily remain so.'

He gestured sadly at Bill, lying between them.

Remus looked like he was going to argue but I stood up suddenly and he looked at me.

'Listen here. Look at Josh and I! Does it seem to bother us? I'm just as dangerous - probably even more - than you! You are being so blind! I've told you time and time again, it won't stop true love. Nothing does!' I glared at him, 'Have some sense!'

'This is... not the moment to discuss it,' said Remus, avoiding everybody's eyes as he looked around distractedly. 'Dumbledore is dead...'

'Dumbledore would have been happier than anybody to think that there was a little more love in the world,' said Professor McGonagall curtly, just as the hospital doors opened again and Hagrid walked in.

The little of his face that was not obscured by hair or beard was soaking and swollen; he was shaking with tears, a vast, spotted handkerchief in his hand.

'I've... I've done it, Professor,' he choked. 'M-moved him. Professor Sprout's got the kids back in bed. Professor Flitwick's lyin down, but he says he'll be all righ' in a jiffy, an' Professor Slughorn says the Ministry's bin informed.'

'Thank you, Hagrid,' said Professor McGonagall, standing up at once and turning to look at the group around Bill's bed. 'I shall have to see the Ministry when they get here. Hagrid, please tell the Heads of Houses - Slughorn can represent Slytherin - that I want to see them in my office forthwith. I would like you to join us too.'

As Hagrid nodded, turned, and shuffled out of the room again, she looked down at Harry. 'Before I meet them I would like a quick word with you, Harry. If you'll come with me...'

Remus was still avoiding everyone's eyes and I turned to Josh.

'He'll come around,' he held my face in his hand and smiled.

He kissed me gently and I kissed him back. I smiled into the kiss and wrapped my arms around his neck. He put his around my waist and we stood there, looking into each other's eyes.

'I'm so glad you're alright,' he told me, 'I was so worried. I kept looking for you because people were telling me they saw a big, black wolf.'

'Running around like a headless chicken,' I grinned.

We were told to go to our common rooms and I did so, not caring if people were angry about it. I walked silently with Nico, saying goodbye to Josh.

'You ready?' he asked, before saying the password.

We walked in and everyone fell silent. We sat down by the fireplace and I could feel everyone's eyes on the back of my head.

I stayed in the common room the whole night, sitting in the armchair, staring at the fire. I couldn't comprehend what had just happened. Snape had me at his mercy, he could have killed me there and then. Instead, he helped me? I just didn't understand.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 208 13
Molly Black is on the run. Voldemort is at his strongest, Dumbledore is dead, and Severus Snape, the man she had grown to trust, was a traitor. It is...
1.1K 32 14
Rhiannon Elizabeth Black is the daughter of the infamous Sirius Black. When she returns to Hogwarts after she helped Harry and Hermione free him last...
28K 418 32
*COMPLETED* Aurora Snape, the daughter of Potions Professor, Severus Snape, goes to Hogwarts at 11 years old. During her time there she fall in love...
52.9K 2.3K 74
Amilia Hubbard returns to Hogwarts! Harry Potter has begun his schooling! So not only does Severus Snape have to deal with the young wizard but he al...