Secret Love

By dWanderers

This is a short story about a girl who fell so deeply in love with a guy he just met. But when reality hits y... More

Secret Love

111 8 9
By dWanderers

Shaking feet, sweating hands, observant eyes. 

I walked through this massive hallway swarmed by people wearing unfamiliar masks. 

"Just like any other semester", I whispered to myself after taking a big gasp.

I am Sunny Williams, a "newly" transferred student here in Min-Bong University. Well, it is not new to me anymore, been transferring year by year. My father's job makes all of us in the family come with him wherever he's assigned. We, my brother and I, do not have any choice but we always pull off a good fake smile and tell our parents we are fine.

This university, compared to my previous campuses, is humongous. I thought I am assured and have my little brother, Zachary Williams to be my safety blanket at school. But then we found out his building is four blocks away from mine, maybe about 10 minutes of brisk walking. Don't get me wrong, I do hate my brother.

Walking through the hallway, I could see tons of eyes looking at me at the corner of my sight. Most people are telling me that I am lucky to have an American blood. Well, I and other Filipino-Americans would relate that it is very troubling in our daily life. People look at us for having different skin complexion, just like what they are doing right now. They tease us on having an accent in both English and Filipino language. That is part of the package, I guess.

Busy hallway it is, as it is the first day of class. People have certain groups. Well, I try to judge them, this is to kill my time and ease my nerves. On my left, I could see all those muscular heartthrobs wanna-be, with one look, you can guess they are the athletes of the school. One of them is even handling a basketball, near them are girls that look like a cheerleader squad they are so petite but they have this seducing look to the guys like they are a tiger who is on a hunt for its prey.

On the other side, I saw the group of nerd students where most of them are wearing this "jolog" type of clothes, have a very long and messy hair and got a lot of books on their hands. My eyes also catch the group of students that looks like a group of gangster. They have different kinds of tattoos on their bodies, lots of piercings and have this spikey colored hair. I am still fond of judging my fellow students when ....

*KRINGGGGGGG*

I was back in the reality when I heard the sound of the bell then it hits me that the class will start anytime soon and I still don't know where my room is, so I ran at full speed without knowing where I should go.

*boogsshh* (I ran into someth... someone?)

(looking down) "oh my gosh sorry I'm in a hurry and I didn't saw you coming" I said while helping myself to stand up

Rain's POV

Looking at the mirror, checking if I am looking good 'coz it's the first day of school. And maybe, just maybe, today will be my lucky day in finding Ms. Right. I've been looking for her for almost five years. And I'm hoping that I will be able to find her as soon as possible.

I am Rain Lee, a graduating student of Min-Bong University. At last, after six years of suffering from taking a course, I don't want to take. Well, my family is rich just like any other students in our university. My parents own a restaurant with a total of 20 branches in Luzon. They are both business-minded people and aside from a restaurant they also have other businesses. By the way, I am their only child that's why I can get all I want, EXCEPT for taking the course I ever dreamed of. Tss! Nevermind!

I entered our university's gate, expecting my friends would welcome me. But no, they are all busy with their girls. I can already hear the loud yells of different groups from the field, recruiting freshies, and transferees who pass by in the field.

"Annoying....", I said to myself while walking to the hallway. I don't hate them. I admire their passion for creating activities for the students. But sometimes, they annoy people like me.

*KRIINGGGG*

"Oh! That's the bell!" I said to myself while chuckling.

I was walking in the hallway making every girls drool on how cool I am, when I suddenly bumped into someone.

*booooogsh!

"Oh my gosh sorry I'm in a hurry and I didn't saw you coming", she said.

I was like, WOW! This is my first time seeing this beautiful lady.

"Tsk! Tsk! It's fine, but why are you running?", I asked her.

I can see that she's in a hurry just by looking at her eyes and her sweating face. She even ignored me then ran as fast as she could. This is really my first time seeing her. She has a beautiful skin complexion, a long and wavy blonde hair. Her height is just right and her lips, it's so tempting. Stunning indeed!

Don't get me wrong, I don't like her tho. She may be a gorgeous one but she's not my type. SHE IS NOT MY MS. RIGHT.

Sunny's POV

"Haaaaaay" *breathing heavily* I sat on an empty chair after entering the classroom. Luckily, our professor in Financial Management is not yet there.

"Tsk! Tsk! It's fine, but why are you running?" !!!!

Oh my gosh! Who is he? I can't forget his voice. I feel sorry for not answering his question. You can't blame me! I was in a hurry. I'm trying to get back in reality because until now I can still smell his perfume. His long eyelashes and light brown eyes, his masculine body and his totality is something I can't grasp.

"If only I could see him again, I will make sure to ask his name," I whispered to myself.

My professor came in and announced something that made the whole class cheer for joy! It was beyond my expectation when he said there's no class today and we just have to enjoy our first day in school.

So I immediately grabbed my bag and went out of the room then BOOOOM!

There he is! The handsome Charlie Puth-like guy. My feet automatically walk going to him. So I make the first move.

"Hi! What's your name? Do you remember me?" I asked him without hesitation.

"Oh yes! I do remember you. We bumped into each other earlier, right? I'm Rain by the way", He replied.

The moment he opened his mouth I knew I fell for him. Yes, that quick!!

Days and months have passed; we became friends without him knowing that I am head over heels for him.

(after 3 months)

I don't ever wanna let you down

I don't ever wanna leave this town

'Cause after all

This city never sleeps at night~

three months have passed since the first day of our school and now it's Monday again that means I will see him at school.

"Sunny get ready for school the breakfast's ready!" mom shouts from the kitchen. I guess my little brother is already there.

"Ok, mom!!" I answered as I leave my bed and start doing my morning rituals before going to school

As I finished packing up my things my phone started to ring, to my surprise Rain's name popped on my phone's screen.

"Hello?" I said, "Why'd you call?"

"See you on the campus today sunny!" He then ended the call

What was that? Why would he say such things? Oh well nevermind I need to hurry up 'cause mom's gonna get mad if I take too long and make my brother wait for me again.

"Sunny what took you so long to prepare every morning? Go eat your breakfast and head fast to your university. You are late again!"

Did I say that she loves to lecture me every morning? Oh yeah, she does. I didn't mind what she was saying and started eating my breakfast.

"See you later mom and dad," I and my brother said in unison and kissed both of our parents before we leave.

*Classroom*

"Hey, sunny you look blooming today did something good happen?" Lyra asked. We became friends on the first day of school since we are both transferees and she sat beside me.

"Rain called me before going to school"

"What?!! Really?!" She shouted.

Now my face turned red like a tomato because all of our classmates turned their heads in our direction *facepalm*. Does she really need to shout so loud?

"Yes, and please don't shout". She was about to ask me about it when the bell rang and right after our professor entered in our room.

Lyra keeps on bugging me about what happened this morning until it catches the attention of our professor and called her to answer the question on the board and here I am sitting beside her laughing silently.

After our third subject, the bell rings again telling us that it's break time. Lyra and I started to pack our things and head to the school's cafeteria

"SUNNYYY!!"

We both heard a voice of a guy shouting my name and all the students starts to turn their heads to wherever that voice is coming from. When I turned my head in his direction I saw Rain smiling so wide while waving and I felt all the deadly glares from Rain's fangirls. While they are walking in our direction I hear a music playing and everything began to move slowly.

"Sunny I have something to tell you." Rain said to me while staring at my eyes. Oh my gosh! I can't contain my feelings. I'm trying to be calm as much as I can.

"What is it?" I replied with a shy voice.

"I think this is the right time to say this since your birthday is coming soon. I .. I .. uhm, I like you." After saying that, my mind went blank. I suddenly remembered all our sweet memories and all the things we did together. He doesn't know that I fell for him right from the start. It's like a love at first sight.

*BAAAAAAAAM!

"Ouch!" I shouted.

"Why are you just staring at me Sunny? I keep on talking here but you are just looking at me like an idiot!" Rain asked.

Oh, shoot! What happened? Did I just daydream? Thanks for hitting my head with a book Rain! Everything was just an imagination.

"So, as I was saying. I already found her! I found Ms. Right, Sunny!!!!", he said while hugging me.

That's it! That's the end of my fantasy. But no, I can still love him secretly. Support him in any way I can do. Make him happy every day. Be his best friend forever.

"Oh really? Who is she? I want to meet her dude!", I said with a smiling face. Pretending to be alright in front of him.

"You'll gonna meet her soon, Sunny. I always mention your name to her," he said.

There you go, my love. I just hoped for nothing. But I can't blame him. I can't force someone to love me back, especially if I never had the courage to confess my feelings.

That's the reality of love. It's not always happy and not always sad. There are choices in this kind of situation, either to love someone new or to love him forever. And I'm choosing to love Rain forever. Call me a masochist! But this is what I feel and I will stand for it. I want to make him happy just by staying beside him as a friend, a best friend.

He is my love at the same time the biggest lie in my life. The lie that it's okay to be friends with the person you love the most. The lie that you'll be happy as long as he is happy. The lie that you can love someone unconditionally without having the thought of wanting something in return. I'm Sunny and I'm loving someone secretly.

The end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.2M 840K 69
"The Hacker and the Mob Boss" ❦ Reyna Fields seems to be an ordinary girl with her thick-framed glasses, baggy clothes, hair always up in a ponytail...
29.2M 923K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
11.7M 303K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
18.5M 495K 48
Warning: Feels, Violence and sexual content Advised Age: 15 + Maisie Ashford is thankful that her older brother is becoming Alpha. She'd rather not h...