[EDITING] Almost Forever (Gir...

By JB_249

Sadie Shepard and Nicole Clark wanted to be highschool sweethearts, thought it was the long haul. Only to fin... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 (Revised)
Chapter 2 (Revised)
Chapter 3 (Revised)
Chapter 4 (Revised)
Chapter 6 (Revised)
Chapter 7 (Revised)
Chapter 8 (Revised)
Chapter 9 (Revised)

Chapter 5 (Revised)

997 27 1
By JB_249

The first few weeks of summer were just like every other summer, spending time with Mike and Lindsay at the pool, hiking, basketball at the park by our houses. 

Except now Nicole was around, Michael and her relationship quickly waned and they broke up. Extremely amicable, it seems like they both just realized they were better friends than dating.

I started competitive softball, Lindsay joined the team so she had more to do instead of watching Grey's Anatomy on a continuous loop.

Today is one of the first home games we've had in a while, and to our luck, it was 102 degrees.

Our uniforms, of course, were black. Black pants, a black jersey with red stitched numbers, our last names on the back, the front says "Barracudas" in a font that would scare a small child. With as black and red visor, matching red, white, and black socks.

You could say we were frying, and it wouldn't be a lie.

 Beads of sweat forming on my forehead, sun beating down on my face.

Were losing by one point, it's bottom of the ninth, two outs. Two girls on base, I'm up to bat. All I have to do is get one of them home and we go into over time.

The pitcher looks at me intimidatingly, ignoring her cocky attitude, stepping into my stance. Her face contorting in sour look seeing I'm left handed.

She winds up, and everything slows down. Taking in a huge breath calming down my rapid heart. Sweat rolls down my face. The ball is thrown and it all comes to normal speed, the ball whipping closer.

The near perfect noise of my bat making contact with the white ball, I begin running looking at the ball. I kick it in to high gear. I watch the ball go over the fence!

I keep running, finally my foot hits home plate. We won, 5-3!

Walking out of the dug out, teammates patting my back and giving my hugs. Smiling and giving out high fives. I feel an arm drape around my shoulders.

I turn around smiling. Seeing Nicole, she smiles. 

"You did amazing Sades!! I didn't even know you played softball, Michael just dragged me here!" Raising my eyebrow, giving her a small chuckle.

"Thanks, sorry you had to come out here. It's hotter than Satan's butthole."

"Oh no, I wanted to be here." She gives me a soft sincere smile.

"Let's get out of here, I need some food!" Michael says dragging his feet,

"Yeah! I'm starving!" Lindsay adds,

"Okay okay okay, who's driving with who?" I ask,

"I'm with Michael!" Lindsay throws over her shoulder already running to his F-150, 

"Guess you're with me," I smile to Nicole,

Walking to the car, I hit the button on my key fob to open my trunk. I toss my softball bag in there.

In the car we're listening to the radio, I ask her where we're going she responds with

"Chick-Fil-A" you can never go wrong with chicken,

Changing gears feeling the car speed up, 

"Is it weird having a stick shift?" She asks watching my hand change gears to stop at a stop light,

"Just have to get used to it, it's not that bad." I look over, I grab her hand and put it under mine on the gear shift.

"Shift it when I tell you." Her mouth drops, then quickly turns into a smile and nods,

"Okay, Now!" She shifts it into first, then second, and onwards.

Nicole squeals in excitement, the smile on her face makes me feel some type of happy inside,

"That was so fun, its like a spaceship!" She says with childlike interest,

I put my hand on the shift, she keeps her on top of mine. I smile spreads on my face,

"Thank you," She says with a grin.

Pulling into a parking spot, we walk across the parking lot towards the entrance, she intertwines her fingers with me. 

"This feels like super comfortable, isn't that weird?" She asks, almost fishing for a certain answer,

"It does feel comfy," my finger tips running across the back of her hand,

Letting go of her hand, I open the door for her. Doing an over the top bow,

"Mah Lady, after you." She gives a chuckles saying thank you,

I give her a wink, and we walk over to Michael and Lindsay. Getting in line, after ordering we go sit in a booth. Michael and Lindsay on one side, and Nicole and I on the other.

Looking over at Lindsay and Mike, they seem like they're in their own world. It's like they've been this way for a while, but I'm just now noticing since I've been so occupied trying to decipher if Nicole and I are flirting or just being friendly. Makes me seem like a crappy friend, trying to remedy that,

"What's going on with you two?" I point to them

"Nothing!" Lindsay says immediately,

Michael babbles "That's what I wanna know!" 

Nicole and I both let out a laugh, 

"So are you guys like dating? Or?" Nicole adds in,

"I want to!" Lindsay says, Mike glances over

"Really?" he asks almost in awe that she does

"Well yeah, you just haven't asked." She says looking away, pleading for the conversation to stop.

"If that's the case, wanna date?" he asks calmly, with a different emotion drawn on his face.

"Bout time," She says, giving him a small peck on the cheek.

"That was easy." Nicole laughs out,

She and I start laughing, of course they would be so nonchalant about dating.

---------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

I'm still editing my way through this story, I hope you guys enjoy the new direction. I'm scrapping most of the story, so it meshes better together!

Tell me what you think!

VOTE COMMENT!

-JB_249

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 216 30
What's a heart to a soul? What's a memory to reality? What's lust to love? And what differentiates fact from fiction? How can we ever truly know love...
72.2K 3.2K 42
Completed Book 1 of 3: Thursday (Logan POV) 'I stopped dead in my tracks when I felt Peggy's hands on my knees. She had the biggest smirk on her fac...
16.2K 471 29
Her Touch... Her Lips... Her Eyes when they look at me... She doesnt even scream or shout for 'help' as she register what's going on. She's not scare...
622K 23.9K 39
I glanced down to her lips but then I scooted away while clearing my throat. She hmm'd, "You tried to kiss me again." I shook my head and said "Nope...