~Skinny Love~ Shawn Hunter

By maddixhaim

Delilah Steele moves to a totally different town and meets a group of friends like no other. "You and Me?" "M... More

First Day
First Day Part 2
Best Friends Don't Lie to Each Other
Strike 1,000
Please Never Leave
Water War
Water War Part 2
No Hitter
A Christmas Carol
Present Guessing
Merry Christmas
Pledge of Allegiance
Converging Energies
My Work Here Is Done
Shellac
Laugh at ME
You Got Me to Deal With
"Keep Her Kid"
20
My Eyes Are Up Here
You and Me
Switch Me
I'll Be Fine
25

"I'll Let You Get Away With it This Time"

4.4K 103 15
By maddixhaim

That day after school, I went back home with Caleb.

We had to walk home alone today because when I checked the spot Shawn usually waits for us at-he wasn't there.

So, we went home, and my dad wasn't there -thank God, so I made us something to eat then we sat on the couch and watched T.V.

A few minutes later, the phone rang so I answered it.

"Hunter?", I said.

"Nah, it's Corey", Corey said from the other line.

"Oh, hey Cor-what's up?", I said.

"Still have'nt heard from Shawn?", he said.

"Nope", I sighed back."In fact, I'm gettin ready to go down two doors to his place and see what's up."

"Sounds like a good idea", he said."And hey, if you talk to him-tell him I want you guys to meet here in about 10 ok? Bring RugRat too."

"Alright, no problem", I nodded.

"Alright, see ya later-bye", he said.

"Bye", I said back then put the phone down."I'm gunna go see what's up with Shawnie-wanna go with me?"

"Yeah!!", he cheered and held his arms up.

"Alright, come on", I sighed then picked him up and put him on my hip as I walked outside.

I walked down the steps, around the house then down to Shawn's after that and walked up the steps.

"Can I knock Sissy?", Caleb looked up at me.

"Yeah sure", I laughed and he got the biggest smile on his face as he turned to the door.

"Ok", he said to himself, then he knocked twice, waited a second-then knocked one more time and looked up at me."Did I do it right?"

"You did it perfect", I nodded and messed up his hair.

A few seconds later Shawn answered the door and Caleb lit the Hell up.

"SHAWNIE!!", he yelled and literally jumped into his arms.

"Heyyy RugRat", Shawn laughed back and held him on his side.

"Your not dead like Liah said!!", he said then Shawn rolled his eyes before looking at me.

"I was considering the options", I shrugged and he laughed.

"Anyway, Corey just called and said he wants us all down to his place in 10."

"Alright-let's go", Shawn shrugged then walked out and closed the door."Hey RugRat you think of what you want for Christmas yet?"

"Nope not yet", Caleb said.

"Alright then, keep thinkin", he sighed as he picked him up and held him on his side then threw his other arm around me."What about you Mrs. Hunter?"

I laughed then wrapped my arm around him as we walked.

"I told you, I don't want nothin", I said.

"I'll figure it out one way or another", he smirked.

"Mmm we shall see", I smirked back up at him then we kept walking down to Corey's house.

"I can walk now", Caleb said.

"Alright", Shawn sighed the set him down and he walked in front of us.

"Just stay away from the street ok?", I said.

"Ok", he called back as he walked a few feet in front of us.

I was lookin around so I did'nt noticed Shawn stop, but when he whistled for me to come back,I turned around and walked back to him.

"What?", I said.

"Here", he said then put something in my hand before looking back up at me."It may be my last 5 bucks, but get him something for Christmas-ok?"

"Shawn come on", I shook my head."You don't have to."

"Yes I do", he nodded.

"But what about your 5 bucks for Minkus tomorrow?", I said.

"Eh, Caleb's more important", he shrugged then smiled a little.

"Thanks Hunter", I said then buried my face in his chest as I hugged him.

"Anytime Mrs. Hunter", he laughed back and threw his arms around me as well.

I backed up then started to put the money away but he tilted his head at me.

"What?", I said.

"You did'nt correct me when I said Mrs. Hunter", he said.

"I'll let you get away with it this time", I laughed and nodded.

After that, he laughed then threw his arm around me as we continued walking to Corey's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10 minutes later, we got there and Corey ran out of his kitchen.

"Liah! Come here! Shawnie, Caleb-you guys stay out here and RugRat-make sure Shawn doesn't look!", Corey said.

"What's goin on guys?", Shawn laughed.

"I don't even know", I shrugged then walked inside with Corey.

"Come on Shawnie!!! Flip me upside down again!!", Caleb jumped up and down.

"Alright-alright", Shawn laughed then flipped him upside down and started spinning around.

I laughed at them before I walked inside Corey then he shut the door.

"What are we doing?", I asked him.

"This", he said then held up a present."I'm giving it to him for Christmas."

"What is it?", I said.

"My basketball", he said.

"Woah-really?", I raised my eyebrows and he nodded."But why? I thought you loved that thing."

"Cause he's our best friend, and he deserves so much", he said.

"That's real nice of you-I think he'll like it", I nodded.

"Alright good", he nodded back."Ready?"

"Yeah", I said, then I ran over to the kitchen door and opened it just a crack."Hunter-quit terrorizing my brother and Caleb-cover his eyes."

"Got it Sissy", Caleb said as Shawn put him down.

"What are you guys doing?", Shawn laughed as Caleb grabbed his jacket an pulled him down to sit on the steps of Corey's deck, then he put his hands over Shawn's eyes.

"Okkk, open!", I said as Corey stopped in front of Shawn with his present.

"TA-DA!!", Corey said.

"What?", Shawn smiled.

"For you", Corey said then handed it to him."From Liah and I."

"What is it?", Shawn said and looked at me.

"Open it", I nodded.

"Yeah come on-open it!!", Corey nodded as well.

"It's not gunna blow up, is it?", Shawn said lookin it over.

"Open it!! Open it!! Here I'll open it", Corey said then took it and started unwrapping it.

I laughed then sat beside Shawn on the steps then Caleb came up and sat beside me.

Finally, Corey got it open then held up the basketball.

"A real leather, NBA certified, dribbles like a dream basketball", he said then handed it to Shawn."And I'm giving it to you-don't ya love me?"

"Why'd you give this to me?", Shawn said.

"Cause it's Christmas", Corey nodded.

"So? We never give each other stuff for Christmas", Shawn answered looking in between us.

"Yeah, but this year's kinda different", Corey nodded again.

"Why?", Shawn looked at me.

"Well...because", Corey shrugged.

"Because why?", Shawn asked.

"Cause your our best friend and we love you", I said and threw my arm around him.

He just looked at me for the longest time before he looked back to Corey.

"But I wasn't last year", he nodded looking in between the two of us.

"No you were, it's just...", Corey shrugged, but never answered and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Guys...best friends don't lie to each other", Shawn said.

"What's goin on guys?", Shawn said.

"K-look Shawn, I gave you this cause...well cause I did'nt think you'd be getting that many gifts this year", Corey said as he stood up.

"Hey, I told you! I'm getting a ton of stuff", Shawn laughed as he got up too and threw the ball to me before he sat on the fence."I don't need a basketball-my dad's already got me two."

I stood there for a second, then walked up to him and held it out to him.

"Look, Shawn, best friends don't lie to each other", I said and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"What are you talkin about?", he scoffed then I sighed and looked at Corey.

"Look, I know about your dad getting laid off", Corey said and the smile faded from Shawn's face as he got down off the fence.

What?

"Says who?", he said as he walked towards us and we walked back.

"My Dad", Corey answered.

"Oh so what'd you do? Go tell everyone?", he scoffed.

"No! Of course not", Corey said then Shawn looked at me.

"What about you? You go and tell everyone too?", he said.

"No, Shawn-of course I did'nt", I shook my head."I did'nt even know about this."

"Look-Shawn, I'm trying to give you a nice gift so you don't have a Tiny Tim Christmas, and your acting like your mad at me",, Corey said.

"Oh so I'm supposed to be all happy cause you gave me some bogus gift", Shawn nodded.

"That's not a bogus gift-that's a totally major gift", Corey pointed at it."It's my best gift-and I was nice enough to give it to you."

"Yeah? Well keep it", Shawn growled then threw it back at his face."I don't want your basketball."

"Would'nt you rather have something for Christmas than nothing at all?", Corey said as he walked back up to him and held it out to him.

"I'd rather have nothing for Christmas than your lousy charity", Shawn yelled back then knocked it out of his hand and walked off.

"Shawn!", I called as I walked after him.

"Christmas is about charity!! You should be thanking me!!", Corey yelled after him.

"Come on Caleb", I sighed and held out my hand.

Caleb ran over to me then grabbed my hand before we walked off after Shawn.

"Hunter!!", I yelled but he did'nt stop."Hunter!!...SHAWN STOP!!"

He finally stopped then turned around to me and glared.

"Why are you mad at me?", I said pointing to myself.

"You knew about this-did'nt you?", he said.

"No I did'nt-I swear", I shook my head.

"He told you when you went inside huh?", he nodded.

"Shawn, I did'nt know anything about this-I swear on my life", I said.

"Best friends don't lie to each other?", he scoffed."Well...until you stop lying...don't talk to me."

And with that, he turned on his heel and started walking home.

"Shawn!!", I yelled.

"Shawnie?", Caleb said sadly, but he did'nt turn around.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272K 40.8K 105
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး
14K 189 25
Enid Come over to the addams for 2 weeks. Wich wednesday at first dint like. But Enid got her out of her shelf more then both wednesday and enid expe...
8.1K 78 12
People can be lost anywhere in the world... So tell me why do most of those people die in places you're meant to be safe in? "You're awake" Awake 200...
487K 9.5K 42
Forbidden Love- (In which Shawn Hunter falls for the one girl he's supposed to stay away from) "We've always flirted with each other but I would nev...