Together Forever (Modern au)...

By claudiamessina

Rey is the new girl at Stars Academy. She is welcomed by two of the most popular guys, Poe and Finn. When she... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Epilogue

Five

279 9 3
By claudiamessina

After sitting for an hour watching tv, Rey decided to order pizza. Since they had no way of picking it up, they had it delivered. Rey answered the door so no one would see the line that ran down Kylo's face. They ate dinner in silence.

"Rey? Will you go to the doctors with me tomorrow?" Kylo asks breaking the silence.

Rey nods and puts the plates in the dishwasher. She meets Kylo in the living room where he was seated.

"Do you want to talk about what happened with them?" Rey whispers taking a seat next to him.

He looks at her and sighs.

"We don't have to if you don't want." She adds.

"Tomorrow I'll tell you. For now I want to forget that I now have an ugly scar across my face because two idiots want me to stay away from you." Kylo replies with disdain.

"If it makes a difference I think the scar makes you look hotter." Rey whispers, turning red.

Kylo cracks a small smile. Rey lets out a small giggle. He wraps an arm around her as they watch tv. Rey leans into his side. He lets out a groan when she did. She immediately sat up.

"Kylo? Are you still hurt?" She asks looking at his side.

"No." He mumbles trying to play it off.

"Yes you are." Rey states grabbing his shirt.

She lifts it up to reveal large bruising across his stomach and to his side. She gasps and gently touches them. Kylo holds his breath as she went across. Rey got up and put a hand to her mouth. Kylo got hurt and it was her fault. Tears immediately ran down her face. She turned and ran up the stairs before Kylo could get to her. She ran into her room and flung herself on her bed and sobbed into her pillow. It was all her fault. She should have stayed with Kylo after school.

Kylo followed her up the stairs. He opened her door carefully.

"Rey. It's not your fault. I know you are thinking that. No one could have known they would have done this. Do not blame yourself." Kylo states walking towards the bed.

Rey didn't answer. He sat on the bed beside her. He gently pulled her up so she was looking at him. She tried to turn away, but his grip was tight. Her face was red and puffy. Kylo wiped the tears that fell from her light brown eyes.

"Don't blame yourself. It is not your fault." Kylo says staring into her eyes.

He wanted to show her that he did not blame her in any way. Rey shifted so she could lay her head on his shoulder. They sat in silence while Rey calmed down.

"What time is it?" She asks.

Kylo looks at the clock sitting on the nightstand and tells her it's almost nine. She nods her head.

"Are you going press charges?" Rey whispers.

"I don't know." He whispers.

Rey slid down and laid her head on her pillow and looked at Kylo. He was so calm about what happened.

"I'm sleepy." Rey slurs as her eyes flutter.

The afternoon was very draining. She could hardly keep her eyes open.

"Good night, princess." Kylo says just below a whisper.

He gets off the bed and begins to leave the room to sleep on the couch.

"Stay." Rey mumbles.

Kylo turns around and goes back to bed. He lays there and waits for sleep to come. Rey had fallen completely asleep. Kylo spent the night tossing and turning. The bruises made it difficult to sleep.

*next morning

Rey was the first to wake up at nine. It was Saturday so obviously no school. She laid in bed and gazed at Kylo. He was peacefully sleeping. She could feel him moving around all night trying to get comfortable. She quietly exited her room and went downstairs.

"What to eat?" She wondered.

Rey decided on making pancakes and bacon. She got the ingredients out and began making the pancake batter. When she was halfway done making the pancakes she put the bacon in the microwave. As she finished to cook she hummed a song to herself.

The smell of bacon travelled upstairs, waking Kylo up. He was confused at first, not realizing he was at Rey's. He made his way down the stairs and to the kitchen. He stood in the doorway and watched Rey flip the pancakes and hum to herself.

"Good morning." He finally said.

Rey jumped, flipping the pancake across the room. Kylo laughs.

"Not funny." Rey mumbled.

Kylo slowly bent down to pick the pancake up. He hissed as he did so.

"Kylo. You shouldn't do that. I could have done it." Rey says.

He shakes it off. Rey handed him a plate a few moments later.

"Help yourself." She says.

He grabs three pancakes and three pieces of bacon. Rey grabbed two pancakes and two pieces of bacon. Kylo began to sit at the table when Rey told him to come to the living room.

"Saturday mornings they play cartoons." She states turning the tv on.

They ate and laughed at the cartoons.

"Kylo, today we are going to the doctors. You need to make sure that cut doesn't get infected." Rey says taking the plates.

He groans but nods. Rey puts the dishes in the sink and returns to the living room.

"I'm going to shower." She announces.

Kylo nods and Rey goes on her way. He changes into his clothes from yesterday seeing as he didn't have any others. Rey showered quickly and changed into a black hoodie, ripped jeans, Nike sneakers, and threw her wet hair into a messy bun. When she went down Kylo was on the couch asleep.

"Kylo. We have to go." Rey whispers.

He doesn't wake up. Rey pushes him gently and it still doesn't work. She gave him a kiss on his cheek close to his mouth. His eyes flew open. Rey giggled and got up.

"I order us an Uber."

There was a small car waiting outside for them both. A young woman in her mid-twenties was seated in the drivers side. Rey and Kylo climbed into the back. Kylo kept his face hidden by hiding into Rey's side. The ride was silent to the doctors office. When they arrived they signed in and sat in the waiting area. Kylo had to use his given name since they were there.

"Ben Solo." The young nurse calls out.

Kylo gets up and takes Rey's hand. The nurse leads them to a plain room that smelled like a hospital. Rey scrunched her nose up at the smell. The doctor came in five minutes later.

"Hello Ben, I'm Doctor Emily Ross. What happened?"

"Two guys tried to beat me up and one pulled a blade and dragged it along my face." Kylo replies not looking at her.

"Let me see." She says.

Kylo lifts his head so she could examine it.

"Did you wash it and put ointment on it?" She asked, sounding surprised.

"No, Rey did." Kylo says motioning to her.

"Well thanks to her it isn't infected, but the person who did this was able to give you a permanent scar. I'm sorry." Dr. Ross says.

Kylo nods and sighs.

"I suggest you report this to the police." She adds.

"I plan on it." Kylo replies.

After Dr. Ross gave Kylo another container of ointment to put on they headed to the police department. Kylo gave the police a statement about what happened and who did it. Rey gave her statement about what happened when he got to her house and what could have possibly led to this. The police told them that Finn and Poe would be arrested and charged with aggravated assault and battery.

"They're gone now. We can be in peace." Rey says holding Kylo's hand.

Kylo nods and kisses her cheek, thanking her for being there for him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.6K 544 12
This takes place after The Last Jedi. Rey has been training continuously with Leia, learning the ways of the Jedi and becoming stronger with each day...
14.3K 368 48
In this story, it takes place after Episode VII. Rey is currently trying to learn the ways of the Force. Many questions are constantly on her mind...
1.4K 113 13
"Every girl wants a bad boy who is good only for her." Rey never expected to be the key to the Galaxy's peace. She never expected to become Dark Side...
549 30 27
Rey was always a loner. She had no parents and the fact that she's from a dessert in the middle of the nowhere doesn't help. This is all about to cha...