Saanwli Si Raat

By deewanemastaani

Zubiya is thrown out of her house after being falsely accused of having an affair with a guy. Finding herself... More

Prologue - Anjaam (The End)
1. Umeed (Hope)
2. Aakhir (Finally)
3. Samajh (Understanding)
4. Sukoon (Peace)
5. Yaadein (Memories)
6. Dosti (Comraderie)
7. Itmad (Confidence)
8. Anokha (Special)
9. Frozen
10. Khushi (Happiness)
11. Gulaab (Rose)
12. Parwa (Care)
13. Waqt (Time)
14. Gair Kanooni (Unofficial)
15. Mustaqbil (Future)
16. Bittersweet - Part I
17. Bittersweet - Part II
18. Bittersweet - Part III
19. Silli Silli Hawa - Part I
20. Silli Silli Hawa - Part II
21. Bardaasht (Control)
22. Naya Aghaaz (A New Beginning)
24. Pal (Moments)
25. Leap of Faith ~ Future Shot

23. Yaqeen (Trust)

4.6K 204 14
By deewanemastaani

A/N: Hey there. Here's the next chapter!

Hope you are ready for some cheesiness. 😌

**************************************

"Oh god, what do I do about this man? Look at what he has done to the room! I am unsure he brought me home as his wife. He probably thought 'Marriage will get him a free assistant, so I shall marry now!' Useless!" Zubiya ranted as she picked up the clothes that were strewn all around the room. "Just look at him! The way he is so picky about his clothes and looks... its as if someone at the hospital is going to ogle at his looks instead of doing their work!".

The reason Zubiya was extra-perturbed by her husband's carelessness was because of the above-sweetly-mentioned person's new assistant who had joined their hospital the previous month.

How much ever she tried to solace herself while looking at the new assistant ogling coyly at her husband, she felt a sudden urge to growl at her (with all the bared-teeth) and put her hand over Asfand's chest while claiming aloud - Mine.

She didn't realize but she stood still in her position in the middle of the bedroom with her glaring vindictively down at Asfand's shirt that was tightly crumbled between her fingers. She mindlessly twisted imagining it was her head.

Asfand tiredly entered his and Zubiya's room but stopped short. He blinked a few times as he confusedly stared at Zubiya who stood in front of him twisting his shirt.

What on earth-?

He was about to ask her when he noticed the expression on her face. He was caught off-guard because he - in two years of their marriage, five years of courtship and another two years of acquaintance - had never seen his wife look so... so vile. He had to pinch himself to check if this was another nightmare of his. Unfortunately, it wasn't.

Was she possessed?

He gulped.

God, Asfand. This is not the time to fear your wife. If something happens I'll just call for mum. Yes. Mum's the word.

Reassuring himself, he slowly walked towards Zubiya. His hand shook slightly as he covered her tight fists with his palm.

Zubiya jumped slightly as felt a hand cover her fists. As she came to her senses her eyes fell into those of her worried husband. She felt all the anger vanished from inside her at that very moment.

This is her husband. Her best-friend. Her savior. Her guard-angel.

Her everything.

Her lips curved into a soft smile, eyes crinkling at the corner.

Asfand let out a sigh of relief and finally smiled at her widely. He was seeing her almost 12 hours. His wide smile slowly turned into a grin and he slowly started to chuckle out loud which quickly turned into a full-out belly laugh. He bent at his knees as continued laughing while Zubiya looked at him bewilderedly.

"What's wrong with you?! Why are you laughing after looking at me - Am I looking funny to you?!" Zubiya exclaimed as she confusedly checked her reflection on the wall-mirror beside her.

Asfand shook his head as continued to laugh much to Zubiya's annoyance. She narrowed her eyes at him and folded her arms as she waited for him to explain.

"When I turned the room and saw you- no, not you. The expression on your face! I thought that you were possessed!" Asfand gasped out through his chuckles.

Zubiya stared at him disbelievingly but didn't say anything in reply.

As Asfand's hilarious moment died down he pulled Zubiya with him as he sat with a soft thump on his bed.

Zubiya reluctantly followed and huffed as she sat beside him.

"Now, please tell me why were you standing over there with that expression on your face?" Asfand asked as he wrapped an arm around Zubiya.

Zubiya frowned again as the new assistant's face clouded her vision. "You'll laugh."

"Really? If it's funny then, please do tell. Because today, I've laughed after a very long time. I won't mind another laugh." Asfand said as he chuckled at her.

"I don't like your new assistant." Zubiya stated.

"What? But why? She does her work perfectly-" Asfand exclaimed, as he looked at her confusedly.

"Oh, wow. You know so much about her good works. Which ones she does perfectly-" Zubiya ranted as she narrowed her eyes again at him.

Asfand interrupted her as he exclaimed, "Yes. Because I am the one who supervise her. If she would have been training under someone other doctor I doubt I would be knowing anything about her!"

"I really don't like the way she looks at you!" Zubiya blurted out and covered her face in her hands.

Asfand's eyebrows rose as he blinked his eyes at her. He then pulled her hands away from her face and lifter her chin as he tried to meet her gaze.

"Look at me, Zubiya. So you're jealous of her now." Asfand plainly stated.

Zubiya lost in his gaze that bore into her with a certain weight, she almost felt as if he was looking right into her soul, blinked a couple of times before shifting her eyes away from him.

Zubiya huffed slightly.

"There is no reason for me to be jealous of her. You are my husband. And I have total trust in you that you will not look at another female person in such manner. Trust me. I know you like the back of my hand. I have known you for about ten years. If I didn't have any reason to doubt you in those five years then I will have now?" Zubiya asked back as she looked back right into his eyes.

"Which is exactly why I'm really honored to be your husband." Asfand said as he pulled her in for a hug.

Zubiya smiled as she rested her head against his chest, silently listening to his heart beating which always helped her calm down in many ways that she couldn't explain herself.

"Well.. I was thinking if anyone is going to miss us in the next one hour.." Asfand asked as he broke their hug and smiled impishly at her.

Zubiya slowly shook her head negatively.

"The next one hour? No.. I don't think so anyone's going to call for us. But, why do you ask?" Zubiya asked confusedly as she watched Asfand walk to the door and lock the knob.

Asfand turned his back to the door and gazed at her. Her breath hitched as she watched the way he gazed at her, so... so passionate.. it nearly made her go crumbling at her knees. She shyly looked away, not able to withstand his stare lest she actually crumbles down to the ground.

"Let me explain it to you." Asfand said slowly as he walked towards her and pulled her swiftly to him by her waist.

**************************************

"Listen. There is a good news for you. It's about the baby-girl that was taken into our hospital.. Dr. Shehroze and his wife is actually thinking of adopting her. Everything has been finalized.. they have also taken permission from the court. It's not long before she is out of the hospital and in her new home. In Sha Allah." Asfand said as he sipped his tea one morning.

Zubiya, who was sipping her own cup of tea, sighed happily.

"I am so glad to hear this. I am not only happy for the baby but Dr. Shehroze and his wife as well. No one deserves that baby girl more than them." Zubiya said and gave him a wide smile.

"Me too." Asfand replied as he smiled back just as widely and held her right hand on the table with his.

"Mama, look! Uncle is again romancing with aunty!" Their beautiful moment was interrupted by none other their niece, Muskaan. Muskaan who had slowly crept next to her uncle and tried to dip her biscuit in his tea had quickly noticed him holding her aunt's hand.

She had once loudly complained to her uncle that boys shouldn't touch girls' hands. Because she had learnt in her pre-school that it wasn't allowed! (Eek!)

When he didn't listen to her (hmph!) she warned him with both her hands on her hips that she will tell on him if he did not listen to her.

And that's exactly what she did.

Asfand closed his eyes annoyingly and face-palmed with his other free hand, much to Zubiya's amusement. She withheld her giggles as she witnessed the stare-off between her niece and her husband.

She knew exactly who was going to win.

She stepped on Asfand's foot lightly making him jump and lose eye-contact with his niece. Asfand glared at her as Muskaan jumped up and down, sqealing loudly, "I won! I won!"

Asfand nodded slowly at his niece as he slowly said, " Oh, really? Now, let me see who wins."

Asfand tries to grab for his niece. But she was quick enough to run away from him and off to the lawn as she squealed loudly with Asfand right behind her.

Zubiya laughed loudly as she watched her husband chase behind Muskaan. As she watched them, she realized she really couldn't wait to give Asfand her surprise. It definitely couldn't wait till his birthday.

No. It couldn't. She thought as she watched him lift Muskaan off the ground and turn her around in his arms.

**************************************

PS: Did you like it? Yes? No? Comment please and don't forget to hit the star button!

Love! 🖤🖤🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 57.5K 74
Ramirez #01 Tungkol sa babaeng NERD na pina inom ng alak then may nangyare sa kanila ni -oh-so-called- Mr.Casanova at nag bunga ng twins.. Si A...
2.4M 2.4K 1
"Look your too weak I can't accept you as a mate you'll only shame yourself and this pack " my own mate said to me . . . . My mate rejected me on m...
559K 13.8K 32
Trying to move on from the past Dorothy does everything possible to keep it behind her; especially him. But what happens when he tries to step back i...
Cry-Baby By Criss

Teen Fiction

3.3M 106K 30
I wiped my eyes once again to see deep piercing green ones looking down at me. More tears came as I saw the root of my anger, and I stood up pushing...