For the Future, I Wish to Cha...

By SarcasticKitsune

The remains of the Fourth Shinobi War are three people. Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura. They are the only ones lef... More

WHAT NOW?
WE MADE IT!
THE HERO ALWAYS ARRIVES LATE! AND THREE MAKES IT TRIPLE TIMES LATE!
MISSION: RESCUE RIN
OCTOBER 10th
THE NEW UCHIHA
TEAM MINATO AND TEAM 7
PERVERT IS GETTING PUNISHED? GUESS THAT MEANS WE HAVE OBITO-SENSEI INSTEAD. . .
TEMPER TANTRUMS AND GRAVITY SEALS
C-RANK? PLEASE, STOP FOOLING WITH US
ARRIVAL IN WAVE
BATTLE ON THE BRIDGE
DEALING WITH AN ANGRY GRANNY AND TRAINING FOR THE CHUUNIN EXAMS
CHUUNIN EXAMS - COMMENCE!
THE SAND AND SOUND INVASION
THE TRUTH COMES OUT
OVERLOOKING
WE MAY HAVE FORGOTTEN ONE TEENSY-WEENY LITTLE THREAT. . .
A BROKEN PROMISE
THE MOB OF FIVE-(AND SIX)-YEAR OLDS
STOP MAKING MY NON-EXISTENT LOVE LIFE EXISTENT!
NOW I UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF "OHANA"
IF IT'S JUST ONE PERSON'S BIRTHDAY, WHY DO WE GET STUFF TOO?
TO SAVE THEM ALL
RETRIEVALS NEVER GO WITHOUT DRAMA
I CAN'T GET A SINGLE MINUTE OF REST CAN I? AKATSUKI BATTLE NUMBER 2!
SAKI AND PANDA-CHAN? OH HELL NO!
CRYPTIC FOXES AND CONFUSING ANSWERS
QUICK QUESTION. . .
THE LEAF LEGION SUMMIT
RUMOURS AND EXPLANATIONS
PEACE. . . FOR A WHILE AT LEAST
NEW FRIENDS AND THE SADISTIC SIDE OF TEAM 7
TEAM HEBI COMPLETE!
CANCELLED TORTURE = RETURNING HOME
THE PAIN MANIAC
JUST ANOTHER DAY WITH A NICE SURPRISE
INTERROGATION
INTERROGATION - INO YAMANAKA
BATTLE OF THE HAIRSTYLES
EXPLANATIONS ARE A DRAG. . .
MEDDLING WITH LOVE LIFE NO. 2!
TWO NEW LIVES HAVE BEEN BROUGHT INTO THE WORLD
THE SHIP CARRYING 7 AND 9 HAS FINALLY SAILED
Q & A

AT LONG LAST. . .

8.3K 332 150
By SarcasticKitsune

I DO NOT OWN NARUTO

Well guys, this is it. This is the last chapter of this story. Thank you for everything - for all the reads, votes and comments. They really made my day, and I feel satisfied that one major story has been finished.

Thank you all again, and now I bring to you, the last chapter of "For the Future, I Wish to Change the Past".

P.S. All questions will be answered in the next chapter, so ask away!

Twenty-year-old Naruto Uzumaki stood at the gate, his wife, brother and the Leaf Legion beside him as they waited for a very special arrival.

"Honestly, how long are they going to take? " Karin asked impatiently, checking her watch as she tapped her foot impatiently on the ground.

"Calm down, Karin," Suigetsu groaned.

"Shut up Sui!" Karin snapped, her foot's tapping pace increasing even more.

Sasuke, her new boyfriend, said nothing about his irritation and simply held her hand. Karin blushed and ceased all movements as Suigetsu gawked at how quickly Sasuke had silenced her. Or her foot, really.

Naruto smiled at the new couple and looked ahead. He sneaked a glance at his wife beside him who was rocking on the balls of her feet, an excited expression adorning her tan face.

"Calm down, Fuu," he said fondly.

"But it's been three years, Naruto!" the green-haired jinchuuriki chirped, amber eyes sparkling. "I can't wait to see how she's changed!"

"Yes, but remember Fuu, be careful," Naruto cautioned.

Fuu rolled her eyes. "I'm pregnant, Naruto, not a glass figurine," she retorted.

Naruto sighed and ran a hand through his long blonde spikes. Was this what his father went through with his mother? Or was he lucky because Fuu wasn't an fiery Uzumaki? Although she was short-tempered. . .

Naruto smiled as he pictured all of his friends who had fallen in love and started their own families in this new era of peace:

Hinata and Kiba, who were expecting a daughter. Neji and Tenten, with their three-year-old daughter Chisaki Hyuuga. Shikamaru and Temari, with their two-year-old son Shikadai. Ino and Sai, with their two-year-old son, Inojin. Choji and Karui with their two-year-old daughter, Chocho. Then there was Konoha's newest couple, Sasuke and Karin.

And finally, there was Kakashi and Rin with their fourteen-year-old white-haired twins, Sakumo and Sorscha.

Sakumo looked quite a bit like his father with his crazy white hair, but he had the eyes of his mother. He valued teamwork just as much as his father, if not more, and looked up to the Uchiha brothers a lot. Sakumo was a prodigy in his own right and had Lightning as his main affinity and mastered it fairly quickly thanks to Sasuke's "tuition". However since he was under a hothead's tuition, he himself became fairly hotheaded and was quick to act, like his mentor. Sakumo also loved and was very protective of his five-seconds-younger sister, Sorscha.

Sorscha was a rather quiet young girl with shoulder-length white hair, big brown eyes and had the sweet personality of her mother. She adored her brother very much and balanced him out perfectly. If Sakumo started being unreasonable, she would be the voice of reason. If he was being hotheaded, Sorscha would keep a cool head and think things through while restraining her brother from charging in. She also had a lot of patience to put up with her brother's over-protectiveness, and looked up to Sakura very much as she herself wanted to be a medic nin.

Oh, and let's not forget Asuma-sensei's and Kurenai-sensei's fourteen-year-old daughter, Mirai Sarutobi.

She was Shikadai's "older sister", as the toddler said so himself. It kind of fit, since Shikamaru was Mirai's older brother figure, even though Asuma didn't die in this future.

{You guys all know Mirai, so I won't bother describing her anymore}

"There she is!" Kiba called.

Naruto shielded his eyes from the sun, and a smile grew on his face when he saw a head of pink beside a head of red coming towards them.

A few minutes later, a beautiful woman with long, pink hair and sparkling emerald eyes tackled him to the ground in a hug, laughing.

"Saki, we've missed you!" Naruto grinned, hugging his non-biological sister back with just as much force.

"Not as much as I have, I assure you!" Sakura laughed.

"Welcome back, Saki," Sasuke smiled as the pinkette jumped into his arms.

"It's good to be home," the pinkette responded happily.

"Oi, Sakura, don't just run off like that," Gaara said, coming up to them. He was quickly engulfed in a life-threatening hug by his fellow jinchuurikis, much to his chagrin.

"Naruto, Fuu, put me down," he ordered.

"Aw, you're no fun, Gaara," Naruto pouted as he let him go. His wife, however, refused to do so.

Gaara sighed and patted Fuu on the back. "I see you and your wife are doing well, Hokage," the redhead smiled at the blonde.

"As are you and your wife, Kazekage," Naruto returned.

"Yes, we are. Sakura honestly shouldn't be moving so much, though."

"Oh? And why is that?" Naruto asked, trying to pry his stubborn wife off his redheaded friend.

"She's been feeling rather nauseous lately," Gaara frowned in concern as he looked at his wife.

"Nauseous, huh? What is she, pregnant or something?" Sasuke joked.

"Don't joke about that!" Gaara snapped.

"Hit a soft spot huh? Sorry panda, if you had any balls she'd have a bun in her oven already," Naruto snickered.

"She does," Karin smiled as she turned to the two brothers. "We just found out."

"Huh?" the three men deadpanned.

"I'm not talking about baking," Karin said calmly.

"Wait, you mean. . ." Sasuke started.

"Sakura and Gaara are having a child," Karin confirmed as she went over to take Gaara's hands. "Congratulations."

"WAIT! KARIN WHEN YOU SAY THEY'RE HAVING A CHILD YOU MEAN A STORK CAME TO VISIT THEM OR THEY PICKED IT UP IN A CABBAGE PATCH OR A FAIRY GODMOTHER CAME TO GRANT THEM THEIR WISH OR SOMETHING!" Sasuke screamed in Karin's smiling face.

"N-No Sasuke, that's not how that works!" Sakura exclaimed, lifting her blushing face from where she had been hiding it in her hands. "Gaara and I are married now, so. . . uh. . ."

'What. . .? Sakura, no, don't say it!' Gaara thought in alarm. 'They'll murder me!'

"We have sex and sex makes babies!" Sakura squeaked before promptly diving behind Ino who was doubled over laughing so hard she had tears in her eyes. Fuu was laughing as well, Hinata was bright red and Karin was still smiling serenely, not at all bothered by the situation.

Gaara started sweating buckets as a devilish-looking Naruto and Sasuke appeared in front of him, red eyes glaringmenacingly.

"If you hurt her. . ." the two boys trailed off, leaving the threat hanging.

Gaara gulped and held up one hand in surrender, acknowledging their threat. "Honestly, be a little bit more less protective of Sakura, will you?" the Fifth Kazekage sighed in relief as the two Uchiha brothers returned to normal. "She's an adult now, and my wife no less. I would never hurt her."

Naruto and Sasuke eyed him, but said nothing in retaliation.

"Hey, Naruto!"

Naruto looked up to find Sakura waving one arm at him, the other hand holding Hinata's. The rest of the Leaf Legion was either smirking or smiling at him.

"Quit dawdling and let's get moving!"

Naruto smiled a little lopsidedly, his hand on a cocked hip. "Geez. . ."

"C'mon, it's time to go home," Sasuke smiled slightly at his blonde brother as he passed by, Karin dragging him along.

Naruto blinked and a small smile grazed his lips as the words sunk in, as his wife took his hand and as he and his brothers ran towards the Leaf Legion.

Home.

That's right, they had succeeded in their mission. They had many unfortunate circumstances, slip-ups, catastrophes and got sidetracked more than once, but they achieved what they had set out for in the beginning.

They had saved the future by changing the past.

"For the future. . ."

Naruto froze momentarily and then looked up, eyes widening slightly when he heard his own voice whispering in the wind that ruffled his blonde spikes.

"I wish. . ."

Sakura stopped in her tracks, frozen as she heard a younger version of her voice speaking.

"To change the past."

Sasuke blinked and a small smile eased onto his peaceful expression.

They had done it.

Team 7 stood triumphant, their village, families and friends alive and by their side. They would stick together, no matter what, through thick and thin.

And Team 7 knew that the Leaf Legion, a family of brothers and sisters (with a few exceptions of husbands and wives) would always have their backs. As they had theirs.

"To the me of the past. . ." Naruto thought, smiling up at the blue sky as his wife tugged him along.

"You don't have to worry. . ." Sakura continued as her husband caught up to her and slipped an arm around her waist.

"For you have succeeded. . ." Sasuke smiled as well as he gripped Karin's hand tighter.

Flashing a grin at each other, Team 7 thought in unison,

"In saving the future."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.4K 1.4K 14
"Naruto!" Sasuke gasped. "Have you seen Sakura?" "That's..." Kakashi cut Naruto off with his hand, waving him down. "That's actually why we came he...
2.7K 51 5
============================= Various Team Seven meet each other. A lot of fun and some nice surprises. #KakaSaku This is pure chaos; it is not meant...
1.2M 54K 73
The war is over. Yet, only one left alive is her. A girl, they never paid enough attention to. A girl, who is to be sent in time and change the whole...
80.3K 2.9K 26
The Fourth Shinobi War was a tragedy for everyone. With her teammates dead, 18 year old Haruno Sakura found herself hurled back into her genin body...