Artificial Water

By MissSoccer7

Secrets are meant to be unspoken, otherwise they are just words. Dealing with them might be hard sometimes an... More

Chapter 1🥀
Chapter 2🥀
Chapter 3🥀
Chapter 4🥀
Chapter 5🥀
Chapter 6🥀
Chapter 7🥀
Chapter 8🥀
Chapter 9🥀
Chapter 10🥀
Chapter 11🥀
Chapter 12🥀
Chapter 13🥀
Chapter 14🥀
Chapter 15🥀
Chapter 16🥀
Chapter 17🥀
Chapter 18🥀
Chapter 19🥀
Chapter 20🥀
Chapter 21🥀
Chapter 22🥀
Chapter 23🥀
Chapter 24🥀
Chapter 25🥀
Chapter 26🥀
Chapter 27🥀
Chapter 28🥀
Chapter 29🥀
Chapter 30🥀
Chapter 31🥀
Chapter 32🥀
Chapter 34🥀
Chapter 35🥀
Chapter 36🥀
Chapter 37🥀
Chapter 38🥀 (The End)

Chapter 33🥀

147 18 0
By MissSoccer7

Kyungsoo

"Chanyeol?" My voice was nothing more than a whisper as I looked up at the tall guy who was holding me in his arms. "Didn't you go home?" For some reason that was the first question that came in mind.

He chuckled and let one hand slide through my hair, slicking it back to reveal my forehead. "You think I would let you go in there to get Jongin out alone?"

"But-"

"I actually went home after you disappeared into the shadows of the house," Chanyeol cut me off. "Hayoon and a guy were standing in front of Jongin's apartment. She said that she wanted to check if he still hadn't come home. I told them about what you had said and the guy seemed to know you and understood what you were talking about."

I diverted my gaze and searched for the guy that had pulled Joonwoo's father away from me. His dark hair hung slightly in front of his eyes but I recognised him immediately. His sharp features made his face look even slimmer in the lack of light, creating more shadows. "Doyun?"

The said guy didn't hear me, he was too focused on what he was doing. Which was pointing a gun at his own father. I watched in amazement before I noticed Hayoon standing a little further from the scene. "I thought Hayoon didn't know where he was." I turned to Chanyeol again with confusion written on my face.

Chanyeol's arms still felt warm around me as he stared down at me. "She said he showed up in the store." His expression changed as he noticed the blood under my nose. "Are you hurt?"

I shook my head. "I'm fine," I replied, ignoring the pain in my body. "But they still have Jongin."

"We'll get him out," Chanyeol assured me. "Doyun only has to-"

"We might be already too late." I pulled back, panic washing over me. "I need to stop Joonwoo."

"Wait." He reached out to grab my arm. I jerked away and whirled around, not noticing his hurt expression, before running over the grass towards the house. I had to get back to Jongin.

Jongin

"Poor thing," Joonwoo cooed. "He left you alone again." I followed him with my eyes as he walked past me to the table. "How does that make you feel?"

"What is he going to do with Kyungsoo?" The wound on my head was pounding painfully and I scrunched up my face.

"He's going to bring him back home." He shoved his hands in his pockets and let out a deep sigh. "I'm curious. How did a guy like you, met a guy like him?"

I raised my eyebrows, not having expected that question. "I... saved him."

Joonwoo's mouth twitched as he kept staring out of the window. "I thought you two knew each other for longer. He always stopped at the flower shop to look inside."

"I never saw him," I admitted, wondering why I had this conversation with him.

"Oh, but he saw you every time." He turned around, his expression dulled. "Jongin's playing with his phone again, he used to say. He even smiled."

I looked down at my dirty hands, the rope holding my wrists down and thought back at when I was at work before finding Kyungsoo in the water. He had been a stranger. A stranger that needed my help. But I had not been one to him after all? He had watched me through the widows. "Why?" I ended up asking.

"Why he looked at you?" Joonwoo asked. For the first time since I had seen him, he looked sad. Not the cocky brat he always seemed to be. "I could say you should ask him, but that would be a little difficult."

My hands tightened into fists and my jaw clenched from his words, but a small spark of satisfaction was visible in my eyes. Joonwoo looked fragile. Even now when he tapped his fingers on the table with a lopsided grin on his face. He was obviously hurt. "You really like him." My voice was more steady than I thought it would be. "It must be hard to see him with someone else, but I have to say, you didn't exactly treated him... nice."

Joonwoo slammed his hand down on the table. "You don't know anything!" He growled. "You have no idea what you are talking about!"

I tilted my head a bit and smirked at him, knowing I was right. "Tell me, how does it feel to force someone into loving you and then still failing?"

He grabbed the gun and hit me across the face with it. "Shut up," he hissed. "I wouldn't be so self-assured if I were you."

I turned my face and spat out some blood. Joonwoo placed his hands on the chair and leaned over me. "I can't wait to show you the surprise I have planned for you."

I stared up at his dark eyes and licked my lips, "I hate surprises."

He let out a low chuckle and grabbed a handful of my hair, pulling my head sideways. "I bet you do." Something glistened in his hand and before I could react, he had pressed the knife against my throat. "You just had to get involved, didn't you."

"Without me, Kyungsoo would be dead," I spat. "All you did was hurt him and now you are gonna make it worse. It's all your fault he gets hurt."

His mouth twitched again but his hand was steady, pressing the blade harder against me. "Are you sure about that?" A smirk appeared on his face. "Who did he want to help?"

I swallowed thickly, feeling the knife pierce through my skin from the movement. "No matter what you say to yourself, nothing changes the fact that he hates you."

Joonwoo's jaw tightened as he pulled the hand with the weapon back and lifted it in the air. "You will regret your words."

The door swung open, surprising Joonwoo who turned his face to see who had come in. His expression hardened as he noticed Kyungsoo. Something flew across the room and hit Joonwoo, who cried out in surprise as the small vase hit his arm. The knife fell out of his hand and onto the ground. I quickly put my foot on it and shove it with all the power I could bring up to Kyungsoo. It didn't slide very far, but Kyungsoo moved forward and picked it up as Joonwoo took the gun again.

"Nice try," Joonwoo spoke through gritted teeth. "How did you get rid of my dad?"

"You'll find out." Kyungsoo's voice sounded more confident than I thought he would be as he eyed him. "I thought you liked surprises."

Joonwoo gave a lopsided grin as he pointed the gun at me. "Say good bye to the hero."

I turned my head to look at Kyungsoo and forced a smile on my face as I saw his chest rise violently. "It's okay, baby. It's all okay."

"No." Tears shimmered in his eyes as he stared at me. "It isn't."

"It is. You know I love you right?" I asked, ignoring Joonwoo's presence. "I never played you in any way."

"I know," Kyungsoo replied and took a step forward. "Please..."

I didn't know who he was talking to, but I couldn't look away. Numbness started to spread through my body as Joonwoo inched closer, pressing the gun to my head. I closed my eyes, wanting to remember Kyungsoo's smile and not his tear stained face. It was dead silent as I waited for the pain to appear, for Kyungsoo's cry and for Joonwoo's laughter.

I didn't hear anything until a groan filled my ears. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Kyungsoo sink to his knees, his hand no longer holding the knife.

I turned my face and noticed Joonwoo walking backwards, so he could lean against the table. At first I didn't realise what was going on, but then the glistening handle caught my attention. It stuck out of his chest, the blade not fully visible anymore. Thick droplets of red made their way through Joonwoo's parted fingers that were pressed around the wound. He gasped and fell on the ground.

A hand on my knee made me look away and saw Kyungsoo was crouched next to me, holding onto my leg. "I... I couldn't... It was the only..."

"Shhh, it's okay." I wanted nothing more than to free my hands and wrap my arms around him, but they were still tied down. So I let him press his face against me and soak my jeans.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 6.1K 67
*completed* Kyungsoo, who's a human boy and Jongin who's the alpha werewolf of his own pack have been together for a year now. Sharing a house with t...
107K 4.1K 46
Do Kyungsoo. Kind. Sweet. Gentle. But poor. Kyungsoo doesn't have much that can help him live a proper life. All he has is a job, and a small room th...
30.2K 2.1K 35
Everyone has something they hide. Jaemin just happens to not know what he's hiding, but it's there and it haunts him. What happens when one day his s...
17.2K 705 19
°·First book made and not that good (": Read my other books that are better·° "Everything he wants, he gets. Everything's a yes for him. No rules, n...