Kissed by Winter [Discontinue...

By CrescentWolf101

You have to promise me! Newly married to a man of her parents ' choice, Lyanna Collings struggles to adjust t... More

Author's note:
1. Ifs and 'Butts'
2. You're not Dadda!
3. Shit! It's HIM!
4. Not good enough!
5. You, me, babies.
6. That Chapter is Closed
7. Do you like Chinese?
8. Steal What is Mine
9. The Pack has Arrived!
10. The Complete Tale of Ly-cks
11. Oh Poop!
12. And I am saying NO!
12. (2) If the Cap Fits...
13. 'Neigh'-sayer
13. (2) Kissed By Winter
14. Save the Last Dance
15. Did I Marry the Bolt?
16. Flying Pretzels
17. Hots for Nicks
18. Sounds Hink-y
19. The Dog Who Knew Too Much
20. She Was Worth The Wait
21. The Damage is Done
22. Whiskey, Vanilla, and Peaches
23. Fish Eyes and Virgin Mojito
Bonus Chapter 1.
24. Keeping The Options OPEN!
25. Better Tap That
Bonus Chapter 2.
26. The One Thing He Wanted from Her
27. When The Player Got Played
28. Golden, Cheesy, TROUBLE!
29. Trust A Glance
30. About Two Dogs
32. Confession
33. One Last Time
34. Farewell, For Now
Bonus Chapter 3.

31. The Real Reason

12 1 0
By CrescentWolf101

A/N: Going to rename chapters after I'm done. Planning on wrapping it up in less than ten chapters. I seriously never planned to drag it until 40s. Ah well, enjoy! Heart Heart JPC <3 <3 <3

P.S. Don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Share :D

Present:

Nick's eleven-year-old self had never quite recovered from it and seeing how fondly Lyanna remembered her beloved pet only opened up his previous misgivings.

I have only been hurting this woman ever since I met her.

"Breakfast is ready, Nick."

"Call me Nicholas."

Lyanna looked taken aback.

So, we aren't even close enough for me to call him by his nickname.

"Everybody calls me Nick and that's fine, I guess, but I just like it when you take my full name. I can't explain it better than that." He bent down to peck her cheek and sat down on the kitchen counter to munch on the breakfast.

Lyanna stood rooted in her spot.

He was digging into his white omelet when Lyanna approached him.

"Nick . . . about last night. My timing could not have been worse. It's just—"

"We cannot predict what happens. I know," he kept his fork down and looked her square in the eyes, "You could not have predicted that Summer's pet would die and I could not have predicted that I would find you likeable."

"Um, what?"

"You heard it the first time. I find you very very very likeable," he finished with a smirk, winking at her before popping some crispy bacon in his mouth.

"You can't!"

"Why?"

"I mean, how can you?"

"Really, Lia? You want me to stroke your ego by telling you all the things I find likeable in you?" He got up from his stool and stalked toward her. He stopped close to her. A little too close.

He bent down and said, "Fine, let's go through it." His icy blue eyes glinted with mischief.

He began walking around her in circles, leaning close to her ear once in a while as he spoke. "The reasons why Nicholas Winter will not grant you a divorce are: you are resourceful, smart, funny, kind of annoying," he spanked her, "you have a sexy ass, and, most importantly, I haven't made it mine yet," he whispered the last part in her ear and felt her shiver against him.

"So no, Mrs. Winter, I will not be signing those blasted papers. Not now, not ever."

I know the dangers involved in this game. I know that you will figure out the truth eventually and you will hate me more than anything but until then, I want you beside me. I am sorry Lia, but where you are concerned, I find that I am weak and selfish. So be it. I will be selfish.

She could not formulate answers, because he was standing too close. What was this man talking? Why did he want to stay in this fruitless marriage?

"Nick, how can you not want the divorce?"

"I already told you what I want, Lia."

"But I—"

"I want you."

"You can't have me, Nick. I am a person, not a toy. So stop treating me like one," she spoke furiously now.

Why can't this man understand? He's so flipping stubborn.

"I can have whatever I want. You're not just any person; you are my wife and I damn well wish to have you anyway I can get," he turned her suddenly so she could face him. Her hazel eyes were shooting sparks of hatred but he could see the underlying helplessness.

He leaned in to plant a kiss on her lips but she faced away.

"I'm sorry, Nick. I can't do this with you. I can't stay in this fruitless marriage."

"I don't recall offering you a choice."

"Yeah, well I don't recall giving you any authority over my choices, you . . . you ogre." she pushed him away and started walking toward the main door.

He chuckled and chased after her. Just as she walked out of the door and was about to slam it shut, she was pulled right back in. It all happened too fast and in a blink, she found herself pressed against the door with Nick's arms locked on either side of her. She pushed against his chest to get him to back off while she looked at her side refusing to meet his eyes.

He bent lower and his lips traced the shell of her ear. "You can call me anything you like. I'm just going to call you mine."

"Nick, stop it! You're being difficult," her voice croaked.

"No, you're being ignorant. Can't you see what you're doing to me?" He snaked his arm around her back and pulled her close to him. His erection was digging into her stomach. She instantly looked up with teary eyes.

"It's just a physical reaction."

"It does not happen all the time."

"It happened to you just this morning." His hold on her loosened. It was a cheap shot but it had to be said. In this moment, she would say anything to keep him away.

"So you'll go to this extent to deny me?" his eyes reflected hurt.

"That wasn't very nice of me, but you have to understand that I can't remain married to you."

"So you should be clear and say that it is you that wants the divorce rather than projecting those feelings on me."

"Oh my God, fine! I want the divorce. Happy?" she was screaming at this point.

"Not even close."

"What can I possibly say to make you leave me?" she muttered in defeat.

"Tell me why."

"I can't, Nick."

"Why not?"

"Because you won't understand."

"You won't even give me a chance to?"

"Damn it, Nick. I'm getting late. I have to leave. We can continue this l—" she began walking toward her room when he grabbed her arms and pulled her to him. She was so close that she could count his eyelashes.

"You're not going anywhere till you answer me."

"Nick, you're hurting me."

"Answer me and I will release you, peaches."

"No. I won't give in to this childish behavior of yours."

"I think mature adults discuss before taking drastic steps like a divorce. So tell me, Lia, discuss with me the many reasons for which you decided to leave me. If any one of them is within reason, I shall sign those papers right away. Indulge me."

"I–I don't like this apartment."

"I will switch it for a mansion."

"I don't like cooking and cleaning for you."

"I'll hire help."

"The travel time is too much to the hospital."

"I'll drop you and bring you home every day."

"Damn you, Nicholas! This isn't funny."

He chuckled, "Is that all you got?"

"I hate your family. Now you can't say you'll leave them for me!" she looked at him triumphantly.

"What is the real reason, Lyanna?"

"I just told you—"

"What–is–the–real–reason?" he emphasized every word and they sounded like cracks from a whip.

"I—" she mumbled.

"What is that? Be clear."

"I'm in love with you,"

***

A/M: I like to paint sometimes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

441K 12.6K 57
When up-and-coming fashion mogul Luna learns her company is on the brink of financial ruin, she strikes a business deal with self-made billionaire co...
4.4K 149 42
When Evelyn Graham is asked to perform a complicated surgery on a new patient, she never imagined HIM. He's British. He's Demanding. And he refuses...
5.4M 107K 37
(18+) "You forgot about your panties, baby." His voice was husky and deep, he had the type of voice that made any girl fall to their knees. "Take the...
171K 6.6K 64
"You don't have to keep reminding me that I'm a mistake and that I ruined your life. I'm not sorry for meeting you that day. I needed to. My life was...