Camp Charming

By pootergrace

Three years has passed since their first camp experience together. Drew has finally come back and the group i... More

Prologue
A Long Awaited Return
A Welcome Embrace and the One who Took Will's Place
The She Demon Appears
Day One Ends, The Drama Begins
Rock Climbing and a Picnic
Cleaning House and a Midnight Swim
The Campers Arrive and the Band First Performance.
The Group Divides and The Date
Keeping Secrets and Jenny's Warning
Malcolm Returns and the Man in the Woods
Chocolate Waffles and Crocs
A Day Together, and the Fate of Mr. Ferro
The Falls and the Camp Charming
Week One Ends and Free Time
Horseshoe and the Glimmer in the Woods
Kind Eyes of a Wicked Soul
Mindnight Meet and the Creature in the Woods
Skateboards and sneaky kisses
Forgotten Passion
80's Dance Off
Prolouge 2
Freeze Tag and a Bad Pun
The Night of the Hunt
Losing A Close Friend
Explosions in the Sky
Bitter Heart
Trust Fall and Adam's Secret
Guilty Hearts and an Old Friend
Private Talks and A Torn Heart
Alone in a World of People
Game Plan and Adam's Forgotten Camera
The Darkness from Before
The Missing Witch
Adam's Void
The Man Under the Hood
Discovery of a Missing Kingdom
Apologies and Crutches
Prolouge 3
Emo Crush and a Counselor Pawn
Ropes and Pulling a Trigger
Plate of Waffles and the Biggest Insult
Making it to First Base
Dasiy's Demon Side and the Forgiveness Dance
Lake Daze and Mouth to Mouth
The Truth (Part 1)
The Truth (Part 2)
Blushes and Crushes
The Wise Words of Leo
Dark Waters of Truth

Extreme Corn Hole and A Secret is Spilled

146 5 20
By pootergrace

Adam and I sit beside each other looking at the schedule as our group stands around talking to each other. "I think we can do this." He says pointing to the field and I shake my head.

"I know it's the morning, but it is burning up right now." I state and he look over the group.

"Yeah but we can't go swimming." He says and looks at the list and something catches my eye.

"How about extreme corn hole?" I ask and he looks at it and nods. "I don't what it is but it sounds interesting."

"Indeed it does." He says and stands up clapping his hands together. "Alright, today we are going to play extreme corn hole!" He exclaims and Opal pops up over the group.

"What's that?" She asks and Adam smiles slightly looking down at his feet.

"I'm not entirely sure, but we will know after today!" He cheers as they stare at him not intrigued. "Let's go..." He walks away his head down as the rest of us  follow after him.

   On our way there, we run into Daisy and Charlie. I smile as we walk by and give a wave to Charlie. He watches me with an intense gaze and then looks away, never waving back.

   Okay then... that was a little weird. I wonder if he doesn't feel good, maybe he ate to much at breakfast. I'll text him! Wait, will that seem to clingy? Hmmmm.... imma just do it.

   I begin writing a quick text to him, 'Hey, you looked a little pale earlier, are you alright?' I hold my phone waiting patiently for him to respond. I look down to see the bottom of the screen.

Read at 10:32 a.m.

   I blink a few times and slowly put my phone away as we walk up to a rather large field with two huge contraptions. The length of the area is that of a college football field, and the two things on the ends appear to be like cages. We walk up to a lady as she stands there smiling widely.

   "Hello, welcome to extreme corn hole!" She says and we look over to the field and back to her.

   "Hi!" Adam says and they talk for a little bit as she nods.

   "Alright, so you will need to split up into two teams! Each team will have five people, and each person will have three water balloons. Now, at the top of each board is a slingshot, the goal is to hit onto the board where the other team will be sitting under. The cage over top protects anyone from any injury!" She leads up to a board and shows us the top of it. "The point system is this!" She points to a blue colored part of the board. "This is 50 points, it's the lowest part!" She smiles and as she pulls out a pointer and taps on the yellow part of the board which is the highest part.

   "Where was she keeping that pointer?" I whisper to Adam as he stares wide eyed at her.

   "I have no idea." He whispers back and we snicker as she continues on.

   "Yellow, is 100 points!" She says and then to the middle part of the board witch is red and in the middle. "And this is 500 points. Simple enough?" She asks as we nod and say tosses a bucket to me and Adam. Where the hell does she hide this stuff! "Now, fill your balloons!"

   "Girl against boys? This is so unfair." Patricia says as she walks over to a hose and fills her balloons up as I fill the bucket up with water.

   "I think we can beat them!" Opal says as Maddie adjusts her glasses and peers over at her.

   "They have much more upper body strength than us, which has two probabilities. One being they will over shoot it." Opal smiles proudly and Maddie ties a balloon. "The other being they will hit the board in the upper section, or mid section."

   "So Mary Poppins  is wrong." Patricia says as Opal mouths the words with a questionable face and I load up my balloons placing them into the bucket.

   "Go sit in the chairs underneath the cage thing." I say and they walk as I pull out my phone and place it in a chair that the girls had placed theirs in and I walk up the stairs placing the bucket close to the sling shot. I climb down and take a seat underneath as Brittany stares at me.

   "Aren't we going first?" She asks and I shake my head nodding to Andrew standing up at the top of the slingshot across the field. 

   "Ladies first." I mutter and Patricia snorts as he kneels to the ground loading the sling shot and pulling it back. "Alright girls, the game is started."

   He lets go, but it flies short 4 yards ahead of us. He adjusts himself and pulls farther back, releasing it and letting it go. This time, the ballon soars over head and I hear a shout as we all laugh to ourselves. He takes his final balloon and takes a few steps stretching the ballon and aiming the slingshot. He lets go and it soars through the air flying fast.

   "Brace for impact!" Opal says and it slams into the yellow part bursting as the boys let out cheers. "Good job guys!" She calls and Brittany grabs her hands yanking her towards her.

   "How dare you cheer for the opposite team!" She hisses and Opal takes a big gulp and Brittany stands up walking from underneath the cage and up the stairs.

   "She scares me..." Opal whispers as I sigh and we hear the thumps of her sandals with heels.

   "How is she able to walk in those?" I mutter as I look through the cage and she takes hold of her balloon and aims. The balloon flies and hits the blue part and we cheer as she smiles. However, the next two both fly to low and crash a few feet away from the target. Cursing under her breath we watch as Kevin walks up the stairs and Liam holds his balloons for him.

   "How sweet of Liam to do that!" Brittany says all starry eyed towards him and I shake my head.

   None of Kevin's make towards us, but the guys welcome him back with a huge round of applause. Opal takes her way out and stands at the platform. The first one misses, going off somewhere to the side, the second one hits the blue part once more and we cheer as the last one explodes in the air after the shot.

   "100 to 100!" The lady calls as they send out another guy, this time it is Ted's turn.

He steps back and sends his ballon flying over to the 100 marker of ours and the boys cheer as his sets up his next one. It sails and his the 50 marker, and the next ballon hits the 50 marker too. 300 to 100.

"Wasn't expecting that..." Brittany mumbles as Patricia stands up and walks up the stairs and looks over the field. She takes her balloon and sends it flying over to their side, hitting the 50 marker, and then the 100 marker. Her last one soars if the board simpleton and we watch expectingly over towards them. The next one up is Adam, he waltz up the stairs and smiles over towards us as we watch.

He sends his first one onto the 50 maker, and I frown as his next two slam in the 100 marker area. I glare as I stand up and march up the stairs looking over towards them. It is currently 250 too 550. I take a deep breath and aim for the red part, missing it as it sails off to the side. I take aim again, and this one hits at the 50 marker line. The next one, falls short and I frown and walk down the stairs taking my seat. The final one of the boys is Liam, and he easily hits the 100 marker with his first two balloons, the other one sails over the platform completely.

"I guess I am up." Maddie says and stands up walking up the stairs and taking a balloon from the bucket. She places it into the slingshot and mumbles to herself before letting it go. Is barley flies over the top of it and she takes her second one. That one however, also misses the board entirely. The boys begin to high five each other and I slowly accept the lose as Maddie takes her final balloon.

She places into the slingshot and pushes her glasses up. They glint in the sun light and she takes aim as she mumbles calculations to herself and in an instant, the balloon is soaring through the air. We watch as it soars, almost like it is in slow motion. My eyes are wide as it slowly falls down and then splashes through the cage... right on the 500 marker.

"Get wet bitches." Maddie says and walks down the steps as the lady call out.

"Finale score... 800 to 750, the girls win!" She cheers and we let out shouts of joy as the boys walk towards us laughing as they do.

"Liam! You did so-" Brittany is cut off when he runs by her and to Maddie.

"That was totally awesome Maddie!" Liam says and she shrugs looking at her shoes. "How did you do that?"

"Simple calculations." She states and he laughs as they begin talking and Brittany's face goes hard as I take my phone.

Message from Charlie!

I quickly open it and read the message he sent. 'We need to talk.' Is all I read

•*•*•

I walk down the path and find Charlie standing where he told me to meet him. At my approach he turns and looks at me, his expression is sullen and sad.

"You wanted to talk?" I ask, my stomach hurts from how nervous I am and he nods as he kicks the dirt around. "Are you alright? You seem.... off."

"I." He goes to speak and then bites his lip. "I have something important to tell you." He says and the nervous feeling spreads as my hands begin to shake and he swallows.

Is he.... breaking up with me? No no no! That can be right? He said he loved me the other day, why would he suddenly break up with me unless... he only said it because he felt bad. Oh my god, what if he dated me out of pity?

"Drew." He says and I brace myself, holding back the tears as he drops to his knees and begins to cry slightly. "When you were gone... I-I dated Jenny!" He says and my body stops shaking as I look at him. "I'm so sorry! I don't know why it happened. I guess I thought since you never came back it wasn't meant to be and then Jenny showed up and was talking about all these things and we just... happened! I know you probably won't forgive me at all..." I feel myself fall to my knees and tears stream down my face. "Drew! I'm so sorry I didn't mean to-"

"I'M SO RELIEVED!" I sob as he sits down taken aback.

"Wait... what?" He asks and I take in a deep breath.

"I thought you were going to dump me!" I say and cry as I let out a laugh. "B-but you didn't."

"Are you crazy! I would never dump you!" He says and crawls over holding me as I cry into his shoulder. "I mean, I don't deserve you.."

"What are you talking about?" I ask and sniffle as I pull away. "Charlie, this happened while I was gone, correct?"

"Yes."

"It is no longer happening, right?"

"That is correct also."

"Then I don't care." I state as he looks at me. "How can I judge you when we weren't together, I mean, it's not like you cheated on me or anything. All this happened before we were in this relationship." He stares at me and he slowly begins to tear up. "What's wrong?" I laugh as he lays on the ground and lay his head on my lap crying into my leg. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"I just love you so much, I don't want to lose you." He whispers and I smile as I run my fingers through his hair. He slowly turns to his back to look up at me. "You're the most important person to me, and I want to tell you the truth. I don't want to keep anything hidden from you." He whispers and I smile leaning down and pressing my lips to his forehead.

"Neither do I." I say and he sit up placing his hands on either side of me as he presses his forehead to mine. "I love you Charlie."

"I love you more." He says and kisses me on my lips passionately as I laugh and wrap my arms around him.

He lays me down into my back slowly and kisses me happily. In the quiet of the night, we share one passionate kiss after another.

•*•*•

Thanks so much for reading!!!!! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!!! Please, give it a vote, comment, add and it follow for more stories!

Just to let you guys know! I will be on spring break next week so I should be able to update the story daily! Thanks again and I love you all soooooooooo much!

Also only 3 more comments until 100 comments! THAT IS AMAZING!!!! Not to mention we have 1K reads! I love you guys so much 😭 <--(Tears of happiness and love)

I  can't even express how happy you guys make me!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12 0 37
When two 8th grade teenagers (secretly in love,) are sent on a field trip at the beach, which turns into a camping week, how will it go for them? ♡ W...
84.8K 3.6K 19
Merida, Elsa, Anna, and Rapunzel are four best friends . They had the perfect summer planned, going to the beach, shopping, and going to parties. Wel...
1.1K 31 3
Summary: Harry and YN are longtime best friends back for another summer as the Dream Team on staff. Featuring getting called out by 12 year olds, two...
385 29 36
"I'm sending you to Summer Camp." Sometimes, there are two words that you don't want to hear. Mine is Summer Camp. At Point Lookout Summer Camp every...