faded ❦ ︱ Kurapika x Reader

By JustEwu

❝Kurapika, feelings fade when people change--❞ You gasped when your back met the wall. The boy who had alway... More

★ READ AT YOUR OWN RISK★
Prologue
Arc 1
Arc 2
Arc 3
Arc 4
Arc 5
Arc 6
Arc 7
Arc 8
Arc 9
Arc 10
Arc 11
Arc 12
Arc 13: 1/2
Arc 13: 2/2
Arc 14
Arc 15
Arc 16
Arc 17
Arc 18
Arc 19
Arc 20
Arc 21
Arc 22
Arc 23
Arc 24
Arc 25
Arc 26
Arc 27
Arc 28
Arc 29
Arc 30
Arc 31
Arc 32
Arc 33
Arc 34
Arc 35
Arc 36
Arc 37
Arc 38
Arc 39
Arc 41
Arc 42
Arc 43
Arc 44
Arc 45
Arc 46

Arc 40

12.4K 552 1.4K
By JustEwu

The night was already going much worse than you had initially thought.

You didn't know how to deal with how Taehyung was acting, since it was a completely different side of him that you didn't expect to see. And besides, what could you do about it? You knew him—he had probably already walked away from the party. It wasn't your place to make him happy by continuing to lie to him. You had already done enough damage as there was.

Right now you needed an escape, a distraction.

Your eyes traveled around the massive ballroom, observing that there were more waiters than you could possibly count dressed in black, showcasing different mixtures of drinks to the guests. The way the alcohol glistened under the light, the grins the guests made as their cheeks flushed pink—there was no way you wouldn't try it.

A satisfied sigh escaped your lips after you took a few sips of the bittersweet liquid, licking the bits of salt off the rim of the glass. Your second margarita had tasted better than the last. You had assumed that drinks were disgusting, based on the stories Basho told, but after trying for yourself you realized he was wrong. But the small smile that formed on your lips quickly faded as fast it came when a hand stole the glass from your grasp.

"Hey, I was still drinking that.." You whirled around as your voice began to trail off, your body subtly freezing when your eyes locked onto dark, blue-grey irises. For a moment, you could practically feel your heart beating through your ears.

The whole night he was on the other side of the room from you, talking to various madams and misters of status. He had talked to so many people that you wondered if he was saying the same thing over and over again. Yet he didn't have a chance to exchange 'hey' with you.

The blonde placed the glass on a waiter's tray that was passing by. "You'll regret having too much of it."

"So now you have time for me?" A small giggle threatened to escape your lips. "Are we done playing the silent treatment game?"

"I wasn't avoiding you, (y/n)." You were thankful for the mask that hid your burning cheeks as the Kurta gently interlaced his fingers with yours. "You know I was busy with Dalzollene's associates."

You don't get to make me feel this way.

Your lips tugged into a frown, recalling when you observed the blonde for a duration of the ball. There were plenty of young girls around his age that seemed to talk about more than just business with him. Truthfully, it made your blood boil—one of the reasons why you needed to cool off by having a drink.

"You mean busy flirting."

A gasp left your lips when the boy took your other hand, placing it on his shoulder as he lead you onto the dance floor. Your grasp on his hand tightened at the sudden jerk, the skin he touched tingling under his fingertips. "I didn't realize you were the jealous type," He chuckled as he held your waist with one hand, guiding your feet in a stepping pattern.

"I-I'm not!" You sputtered, your voice rising defensively. "You just, you looked really into her."

It was kind of pathetic how this simple, antisocial blonde had you wrapped around his finger. You couldn't remember when you started noticing the small details like the habit he had of fumbling with the crimson red earring he wore whenever he was deep in thought. Or how he became tense whenever you took out your phone, wondering if you were going to force him to take a picture.

More than anything you didn't want to stop noticing those small details of him.

"Was my acting that impressive?" The blonde leaned in closer, your masks brushing against each other as his gaze bore through you. Even though he wasn't smirking, you could tell he was still amused.

Fighting for dominance, are we? Two can play at that game.

"By the way that lady is looking at us," You looked over his shoulder, meeting the emerald irises of the female associate. "Your acting is that impressive, Kurapika."

"But there's a difference," Your attention turned back to the boy in front of you as he began to part through the crowd. "With you, I'm not acting."

Your heart skipped a beat as you danced your way to the balcony, away from the hustling and bustling of the lively crowd within the colorful walls of the palace-like building. The sounds of chatter echoing off the walls became a small murmur, the classical music of violins, cellos, and the piano loud enough for both of you to hear. He continued to dance, the dim moonlight shining down on you like a spotlight. In this lighting you could see that his dark irises were suddenly becoming brighter, blooming with shades of pale blue—almost like ice starting to melt away. It took everything you had for you not to get lost in the crystal beauty of them as you subtly leaned in closer, wrapping your arms around his neck.

"You seem troubled." Kurapika's grip on your waist slightly tightened, his thumb beginning to stroke the material of your dress. The sudden gesture made the skin under your dress tingle as you felt something flutter in your stomach, realizing that he, too, noticed the little details.

"Taehyung told me that he loved me." He gave a slight hum, a signal for you to continue. "I had to say no."

You said no because your heart raced for someone else. As much as you cared for Taehyung, he wasn't the person that you wanted to be with. He couldn't be more than a friend.

With as much courage as you could muster, you unwrapped your arms from Kurapika's neck, running your thumbs over the edges of his crimson mask, admiring the detail of the lace embroidery that was similar to yours. You wondered if fate wasn't make believe, you wondered if there was a god that was watching you from beyond the clouds, making this moment possible. Whatever controlled your life, they were the reason you were able to stand here in front him. In your mind you thanked them for the one thing that went right as you cupped his face in your hands.

This boy.

He was beautiful.

He understood you when others did not.

And you didn't have to beg to get his attention, as he already noticed you with open arms.

"Kurapika, I know that you tell yourself that you're broken." You didn't realize your (e/c) eyes soften, melting away any worries, as they glistened under the Twilight. You could feel the boy tense under your touch as your thumbs continued to stroke his mask. "I know you have scars, and memories that you wish you didn't remember. But then again, all great heroes do."

You took a deep breath, feeling a burning sensation spread across your face as your skin grew hot. "A-and you're my hero."

He stopped swaying from side to side, suddenly halting his movements. For a few moments you stood in silence, staring at each other. You could feel your heart beat painfully against your rib cage in anticipation, wondering if you said something at the wrong time. Maybe you had taken a much bigger risk than you thought telling him this. Maybe he wasn't ready, and you had already forced your feelings on him. At this moment, while you waited, he was probably deciding how to let you down.

Your body was beginning to lose heat, the color of your skin paling at the thought of him rejecting you. Before anything, the Kurta boy was your friend. A broken heart wouldn't hurt as much as a broken friendship.

"I'm sorry," Your voice came out hushed as you lowered your hands from his face. "I should have known that you didn't feel the same—"

Without warning, the blonde pressed his lips to yours, a hand traveling up to your neck as he used his other to pull you closer to him. It happened so quickly—in a blink of an eye your bodies were pushed up against one another. The doubts in the back of your mind disappearing as fast as your mind became blank. Your heart was racing painfully fast as you kissed back, your hands resting on his shoulders.

Tears were already threatening to stream down your face.

You felt like a sudden weight was lifted off of your shoulders, leaving you feeling like you were floating—wanting more of him. But your lungs were on fire, forcing you to pull away. For a moment you wondered if this was real, gasping for air as his lips hovered above your own.

"Don't apologize," He breathed, chuckling as he wiped a tear falling down your cheek. "I feel the same way."

— ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ —

YOOO,

1,000,000,000 thousand years later...

SO LIKE THERES ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT IN THE COMPETITION LETS FINISH OFF STRONG‼️

AND GUYS WE ARE AT 11k VIEWS AND 700 RATES‼️🎉🎉🎉🎉

Thank you for the support in this year's HxH Fanfiction Competition!

How to vote:

1. Go to @PrincessConstance 's profile

2. Click on Vote Here book

3. Click on x Reader chapter

4. Comment: VOTE next to the Faded: Kurapika x Reader book

Award/Special Thank You If You Vote:

Author-san will cry in tears of happiness and give you the opportunity to request what character x Reader I should do next or request a oneshot!

Love, Kai ( ◠‿◠ )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.1K 966 31
"I look down the isle and see a beautiful boy..." Killua has been trained and lived his whole life with music... it's wha...
18.6K 351 42
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* You are gon's sister you look nothing alike because you are like your mother. You never wanted to see you...
14.1K 202 33
Your Gon's 'Little sister' you sneak onto the boat to the hunter Exam so that you could be with him, and things take off from there. You meet Killua...
422K 13.9K 36
You are a young girl who usually doesn't have a care in the world. You now in a apartment by yourself in a small town by the coast. You grew bo...