Badly Misunderstood

By JdaniR

He's a good boy and I'm a bad girl. I should stay away but when I look at his eyes it's like looking into my... More

Authors note (please read)
Chapter 1 (edited)
Chapter 2 (edited)
Chapter 3 (edited)
Chapter 4 (edited)
Chapter 5 (edited)
Chapter 6 ( edited)
Chapter 7 (edited)
Chapter 8 (edited)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Title change
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 12

1.2K 28 2
By JdaniR

The smell of food permeates the air waking me out of my sleep.
Now, this is how you properly wake a girl up.

"Livi!" Mark shouts out from the kitchen, "Get your delinquent ass up!"

Ugh, minus the yelling.

After I ran into Mark, I gave him a place to stay with me since he had nowhere to go. I'm happy to have him here even with his preaching to me about staying away from Paul and working towards a better life. He takes away the loneliness that I didn't even realize I had.

Nathan has also become distant with me since that day he walked out. I wouldn't say I was shocked by it. After all, that's the risk you take when you decide to open up to someone. They can either accept you for who you are, scars and all, or leave you alone and exposed. I just didn't expect it to hurt so much.

"Oh, Mark you spoil me," I proclaim.

He laughs at my theatrics while setting a plate of pancakes in front of me. "Livi, have you ever thought about doing theatre arts?"

"No, why would I do something like that?"

I've seen the theatre arts teacher before, she's very eccentric. She also has the weirdest group of kids are in that class. It gives me hives just thinking about it.

"You never know you might like it," he says shrugging his shoulders,"You definitely have the theatrics down."

"I do not," I gasp, "I just have a wide range of emotions."

"All I'm saying is think about it. You need to start thinking about your future, Livi, why not do something you love."

Mark has been pushing me to go to school every day this week and trying to help me figure out what I want to do with my life. He says I have potential to be anything I want as long as I kept my 'delinquent ass' out of the clubs and in school. But what was the fun in that?

I want to live life with no regrets. I love the nightlife and the thrill of losing control of myself. I've taken care of myself since I was twelve and sometimes I just needed to let loose.

Have I gotten out of control before? Sure, but I'm only sixteen and what's the point of being young if I can't make mistakes.

I love that Mark is concerned about me but he has to trust that eventually, I will find my purpose in life.

"I'll consider it Mark but I don't see myself liking it."

"You never know until you try."

"I'm going to get ready for school now," I say jumping up from my chair, "Thanks for breakfast Mark."

"Anytime."

Its Friday so I needed to look my best today. Since Nathan has chosen to keep his distance from me I thought it would be a good idea to come to school with the sexiest outfits I could wear.

So far I have failed to get his attention. He barely even looks at me and as frustrating as it's been, I won't give up.

I'm rummaging through my closet to find the one that's sure to get his attention. Maybe he's into the naughty school girl thing.

So I channel my inner Ariana Grande because the girl is goals. I found a short pleated skirt and paired it with a simple white crop top. Instead of stockings, I decided to wear my knee length black boots. If this doesn't get his attention, I don't know what will.

"Aye niña!" Mark exclaims, "You're gonna be the death of me. Where are the rest of your clothes?"

"Oh don't be so dramatic," I reply nonchalantly, "I have a jacket to cover up with."

" Just get to school and stay there." He groans while running his hand over his face.

"Yes, daddy."

I walk off laughing while Mark mutters Spanish obscenities under his breath.

******************

"Isn't it a lovely morning," I proclaim as I walk into the coffee shop.

"Sure if you enjoy the sun beaming down on you," declares Pete, "Whats going on, girl. You aren't usually this cheerful in the morning."

"Maybe I'm just trying to bring some sunshine in the world, Petey Pie."

He scrunched up his nose in disgust as I pinch his cheeks. "I think we have plenty of sunshine without your cheery attitude."

"Fine, I'll save my happiness for someone who appreciates it," I say while grabbing my coffee, "Wanna hang out tonight? I'll invite Lace and Mark will be there." Pete has always had a crush on Mark and it's amusing to see him shamelessly flirt with him.

"As long as Mark is there, you know I'm down. Text me later."

"Ok, love ya."

As I'm heading to my locker all I hear are catcalls and whistles. As well as angry glares many jealous girlfriends. It's not my fault these boys can't control their hormones. The only attention I want is from a certain green-eyed, sandy blond hair boy. All others are irrelevant.

I know I should let him go since he can't accept my past but I'm a sucker for punishment. After all, he has to know the torture he's putting me through by basically cutting me out of his life. Which is why no matter what I will get some kind of explanation from him no matter the cost.

As I'm getting my books from my locker a hand shoots out in front of me. "Hey gorgeous, how about we get out of here so I can teach you some new things."

"As tempting as that sounds I'm not interested in learning how to drop my IQ," I sneer while turn to face the person behind me. "What do you want Damien?"

"Well I'm trying to get you I'm my bed while you're over there looking like a naughty school girl," he replies bluntly, "what do you say, you want to earn some extra credit."

Damien and I had a friend with benefits thing going on over the summer. We met at one of his basketball games and he looked so cute with the little curls on his head and those light brown eyes raking my body. His tall, slim body drew me in and next thing I know we were doing it in the back of his car.

He's giving me that devious smile of his, waiting for me to give in to his charms. The old me would have grabbed his hand and run off into his car for a moment of pleasure. The truth is the meaningless sex just doesn't do it for me anymore, often leaving me feeling hollow. It's funny how things change so suddenly.

"Look, what we had has fun but that was summer," I clarified to him, "and just like summer whatever thing we had is over."

"Whatever, it's not like I don't have plenty of sluts ready to fill your place anyway."

And just like that, I lost my cool. Next thing I know my fist is flying towards his face and I'm in the principal's office. Great.

**********************

"Olivia, why am I not surprised to see you in my office," Principal Anderson says in a bored tone. Geez lady, you could at least act like you love your job.

"Principal Anderson, you look lovely today."

"Flattery will get you nowhere Miss Watson. I should suspend you but by looking at your attendance record I don't believe that will do you any good."

I don't like where this is going. Principal Anderson and I have never really seen eye to eye and there is no telling the type of evil she will inflict on me. Honestly staring at that big mole on her face is torturous enough but some things are better left unsaid.

One big lecture about my attendance and behavior later my fate had been decided. I was to stay after school every day for a month to help the theatre arts teacher. Oh, the irony.

When I finally make it to geometry I see Nathan sitting in his usual seat. Normally I'm happy to see him but little miss goody good is sitting on his desk like she belongs there. She doesn't even belong in this class. Could this day get any worse?

I walk up to his desk where she is sitting and stare directly at her. "I'm sorry did you bump your head because I believe you're in the wrong class."

Nathan gives me a look as if he's warning me to back off. Not a chance in hell.

"Oh, Olivia how nice to see you. I was just making plans with my boyfriend after school," she retorts, "I'll be leaving now. Can't be late to class."

Then she has to nerve to kiss him on the cheek! I'm seething, I'm angry but more than anything I'm hurt.

"Girlfriend, huh?" I ask Nathan.

He rubs his neck looking embarrassed. "Yeah, it kind of just happened. Shes surprisingly a nice girl."

"Well, I guess that's why you've been ignoring this past week, huh. You've been too busy sticking your tongue down little miss perfects throat."

"Liv..."

I interrupt him before we can say anything further. The hurt is unbearable, I opened my wounds to him and let him see the real me. All he did was cut deeper and let me bleed out. "No, its fine I can hardly blame you. She's perfect for you probably even someone your family would even approve of. I hope she makes you happy."

"Liv where is this coming from you know we will always be friends."

"Friends, right."

*************************

Ok so sorry for the wait guys. It took me a while to figure out what direction I was going. I'm still not satisfied with this chapter and might come back to edit it later.

For now I hope you enjoy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

587 7 61
Tristan's gasp tightens around my waist, while inching his face closer and closer to mine. He brushes his lips softly against mine, sending inevitabl...
12.2K 484 58
There are three things Kaitlin should know: 1. Do NOT test the new bad boy 2. Do NOT keep in contact with the bad boy 3. And Do NOT and I repeat DO...
95.5K 3K 44
Aaron has everything. He even knows other people that do. But he notices one girl out of every other girl that is different. She looks like she has e...
2.6M 43.2K 63
"Every girl wants a bad boy that will be good just for her" Brooklyn wasn't trying to find that kind of boyfriend. Until she met Justin. Can Manhatt...