Their Secret

By libbyxquinn

Kara has spent most of her life in an orphanage. She doesn't really know her family's past; she doesn't know... More

I'm Officially Back!!!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
ATTENTION!

Chapter 6

253 13 5
By libbyxquinn

A/N: Came out of hiatus like Nicki HA...Nah but for real tho, I was in some deep deeeeep writer's block. I'm back now, so I'll probably update on Monday's and Thursday's I'll figure it out lol. Now off you go to the chapter that took me forever to write. I slaved over my notebook for this, my dramatic ass, hope you like it.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

There's something wrong with me. Kara thinks as she's running past the trees. No matter how far she tries to run away from all of the noises, she can't. She can hear kids playing, babies crying, people arguing, car alarms, and Alex calling out for her. It's all becoming too much to handle.

"Kara, will you slow down? Geez, when did you get so fast?!" Alex yells after her.

Kara stops in a clearing in the woods," Ah, thank you for stopping." The short-haired girl says as she's taking in quick breaths. She looks at the younger girl with a confused and worried look. Kara is squeezing her eyes shut while she puts her hands over her ears. "What's wrong, Kara? Kara, hey!" Alex starts to walk towards her sister but flinches back as Kara begins to shout.

"AHH, please make it stop! Something's wrong it won't stop!" Tears stream down the blonde's face. Alex rushes to her side in a heartbeat. She wraps her arms around the scared trembling girl and tries to calm her down.

"Shh, I'm here; I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere. I just need you to tell me what's going on." She whispers lightly.

Kara places her hands back on her ears to try and block out all the noises, but it was no use, it's too loud.

"You don't hear that?" She mumbles into the other girl's chest.

"Hear what?"

"Alex, how can't you hear it?! It's so loud to the point that it is quite possible that my ears could start bleeding!" She yells as she buries her face deeper into her sister's chest.

"Kara, I'm at a loss here. I don't hear anything, the woods are quiet. I don't hear anything beside's your yelling." Alex informs her as she looks around.

"Uuuugh!"

"Everything is going to be fine...I hope." More tears fall down the younger girl's face.

"Umm, can you tell me what you're feeling?"

"I don't know Alex I'm feeling a lot of things right now! Most of it pain!" Kara says getting frustrated.

"Well, I'm sorry, I'm just trying to help!" Alex says as she rolls her eyes.

"Well, it's not helping the way you thought it would!"

The older girl sits up and takes in a deep breath. "Kara, we aren't going to get anywhere if we continue to go back and forth with one another.

Alex looks at her younger sister, that's rocking side to side, trying to figure out what to say to get her to calm down. An idea pops into her head, she pulls the trembling girl into her chest once again. "Just try and focus on my voice, Kara." She whispers as she begins to sing.

A/N: Click the video to hear the song, if you want of course. The song is really good tho.

I will march down an empty street like a

ship into the storm
No surrender, no retreat
I will tear down every wall
Just to keep you warm
Just to bring you home

As Alex is singing, she takes notice that Kara is beginning to calm down, so she continues to sing.

I will burn this city down for a diamond in
the dusk
I will keep you safe and sound when
there's no one left to trust

Will you take my hand?

Alex holds out her hand for her sister to take

We can make our stand

Kara takes the comforting hand that is offered to her. Alex gives her a small smile even though the blonde can't see her. Alex begins to slowly rock them.

If your world falls apart
I'd start a riot
If the night falls in your heart
I'd light the fire

In the dark, when you sound the alarm

We'll find each other's arms

For your love, all you are

I'd start a riot

Alex was going to continue, but she stops when Kara starts to lift her head. She looks at her sister with worry. "What's wrong? Did I make it worse? Ahh shit, I thought that was gonna work." Alex whispers the last part to herself.

Kara shakes her head and slowly removes her hands from her ears, "It stopped." Kara quickly stands up. "It stopped! I can't hear all the noises anymore! AHHHAHAHAHA!" She shouts as she jumps around.

"Oh thank God." She sighs and pulls the younger girl into a hug.

Kara pulls away and looks at Alex suspiciously, "Why did you say it like that?" The blue-eyed girl asks raising her eyebrows.

"Huh?"

"Huh?" Kara mocks

"Hmm?" Alex says with a slight smirk

"Alex!" Kara says frustratedly

Seeing her sister becoming irritated, Alex couldn't hold in her laughter. "I'm just messing with you, Kar."

The blonde rolls her eyes and tries to playfully push Alex, but instead, she winds up pushing her with a newfound strength that sends Alex flying backward.

"Omg, Alex!" Kara rushes over to Alex, who is laying on the ground groaning. Once she reaches her, she helps her up.

"Ahh, shit." The brunette says as she's slowly standing up. "What the hell was that, Kara?" Kara looks down at her hands.

"The last time I checked you weren't freakishly strong, or at all for that matter." She says dusting herself off.

"Hey, that box was heavier than it seemed." She responds while pushing up her glasses.

Alex slowly nods her head, "Okay, one suuuure. Two there's definitely something going on with you."

"Mhm, yeah." Kara looks at Alex with a slight smirk creeping its way onto her face.

"No, no, no. This is nothing to smile about. You literally just launched me backward with your bare hands! You could barely lift a box a couple of days ago!"

"I'm sorry, all I tried to do was lightly push you, but my body had other plans for you." She says with a small awkward smile.

"Ya think."

"Pfft, Lex you're fine." Kara goes to bump Alex's shoulder, but she moves out of the way.

Alex points her finger at Kara, "Nope! I could have a concussion."

"Did you hit your head?" She says as she studies Alex's face knowing good a well she didn't.

"Yes!...maybe...okay no, but that isn't the point! You went full-on hulk!" She says with wide eyes.

"I know, isn't that awesome?!"

"Kara, honey." She grabs her by her shoulders, "We have to figure out what's happening to you, ASAP."

"Yeah you're right," Kara pauses, "Ahh man is this when we have to go and tell Eliza and Jeremiah?"

The brunette lets out a dry chuckle. "No no no no no no, this has to stay between us. You and me. No one can know, especially mom and dad." Kara gives Alex a confused look.

"Kara our parents are scientist who works alongside other scientists. If they find out about you..."

"You think they would want to run tests on me?" Alex looks uncertain and shrugs her shoulders.

"I hope they wouldn't, but I wouldn't put it past them either. When you live with scientists all your life you learn that they love what they don't understand."

Kara stares at her sister for a few seconds before she begins to laugh. Alex knitted her eyebrows in confusion. "There...is...no way...they...can...find out...about this." She says between laughter.

Alex looks back and forth between Kara and the air. She chuckles awkwardly.

A/N: Alex was very much giving big Agatha energy, lol.

"Okay sweetie, let's get you home." She slowly goes to grab her sister's shoulders.

"I am a terrible liar!" She says as she turns away from Alex. "I can't lie!"

"Well look at it this way...we're just withholding a couple of minor details." She says with a tight-lipped smile.

"Major details, Lex." She sighs while pushing up her glasses

"No, minor. If you think of it as a minor detail instead of a major it will be easier for you to lie about...I mean withhold information about..." Kara gives her a blank stare.

"Okay, let's go home. There's no point in going back to school."

The two sisters make their way back the way they came. As they are walking the rain begins to fall, hard.

"Today just keeps getting better and better."

"As first days go...this was the most chaotic and to top it off, I'm getting soaked."

The sisters look at each other and begin to laugh. "Take me home, please," Kara says between her laughter.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Let's not talk about the part where I said I'll update every Monday and Thursday's and here I am updating on a Tuesday at 1:20 pm...

I hope you liked this chapter. I'm always open to ideas or your thoughts on the chapter. I love feedback. Until next time✌🏾 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.2K 1.7K 11
Kara Danvers, a.k.a. Supergirl, never thought she'd fall in love with a Luthor, Lena Luthor, her best friend, for that matter. ~~~~~~~~ "You can't g...
8.6K 136 52
Lena Luthor is a 25 year old CEO looking for a clean slate and someone to love her for her. However when she meets 24 year old Marine Gunnery Sergean...
10.9K 475 15
The goal is not to live forever, it's to accept Life and Death as its. It's to do something about our lives without fear, without regrets. Lena &...
135K 3.3K 39
Never before she felt like this, felt safe in someone's arms. She didn't understand what these feelings meant for her. What it meant for them. Lena...