Caught in that Feeling | Seul...

By RossierX

Different people, different routine, different personalities with different life are bound to get tied by one... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Strangers Today
Chapter 2 Collide
Chapter 3 The Meeting
Chapter 4 Certain
Chapter 5 Hidden
Chapter 6 The Past and the Curious
Chapter 7 A Chance
Chapter 8 Another Chance?
Chapter 9 Point of View
Announcement~
Chapter 11 Rising Heat
Chapter 12 Unexplainable
Chapter 13 An Apology
Chapter 14 Meeting the Ultimate Rival
Chapter 15 Fight for My Way
Chapter 16 Shocking Revelation
Chapter 17 WHAT?!
Chapter 18 Brave Love
Chapter 19 Park Jimin
Chapter 20 I Won't Let You
Chapter 21 Have A Break
Chapter 22 Odds
Chapter 23 About Time
Chapter 24 No Regrets
Chapter 25 Every Angle
Chapter 26 The Consequence
Chapter 27 Accepting Defeat

Chapter 10 A Little Bit About You

2.5K 142 52
By RossierX

Irene's point view

Me and Seulgi are in the living room, eating dinner together. Due to Seulgi's sickness which lead to long sleep, Seulgi grew hungry few minutes after waking up and decided to order some food also as a thank you to my kindness while she's sick.

Seulgi, who was sitting across the table seems to be enjoying the food but I can't help but to remember that moment a while ago.

*Flashback*

"I'm protecting you"

As I stated those words, Seulgi's gaze darted on mine. I felt a little chill on my spine seeing her serious face.

"Protecting me?" Seulgi snorted. I can sense rejection in her voice.

"In my line of work, I've seen and met people from the industry who only care for their reputation. Even if takes to ruin another life just to save theirs" Seulgi added. I felt her hatred in every word she said. I couldn't agree more because most of us are like that. It's about reputation and good image, we're public figures after all.

"That may be true but not all are like that. It doesn't apply to everyone and to every situation. It's a matter of priorities" I countered as I continue eating.

"So it doesn't apply all the time?" Seulgi questioned.

"Yeah"

"It's a matter of priorities?"

"Yeah" I answered again focusing on my food.

"So are you saying I'm your priority?"

"Yeah"

I choke on my food after realizing the last question. I glance at Seulgi who was grinning at my answer. But I mean it, people might start attacking her or spreading bad words about her if they knew she was with the ice princess. People will start dig to know more. You know people and fans these days.

"Sorry, I was just trying to lighten up the mood. Sorry for being harsh a while ago. Well if you mean what you said then I should be thanking you" Seulgi stood up and bowed at me.

"Thank you for being kind and sincere, Bae Irene-ssi" She stood there in front of me and gave a soft smile. It was rare for me to see that smile back in high school but whenever I get the chance to see it, my heart flutters at the view.

"Hmm..instead of Irene-ssi, just call me Irene" I proposed.

"But you are older than me, shouldn't I be calling you Irene-unn--"

"Try that and I will kill you." I deadpan replied. I saw a smile of defeat on her face. She sat down and continued eating after agreeing on what I said. It came across my mind how I met this girl in front of me. That moment when I thought I was helpless.

Back in high school

I was dragged to the rooftop by two girls after class with few students left in the campus.  Some people even turned a blind eye seeing me, being treated like that. I was mad and sad at the same time. What did I do to get into something like this? All I did was turn down an upper class man who was famous at the school. Then rumors started to spread that I'm a whore, that I seduced him and continuously seducing people.  How can they judge me without even knowing me? Why should I prove them wrong when it's them who judged me in the first place?

I snapped out from my thoughts when I sensed pain on my back. I was pushed against the wall then one of the girls held me tight while the other was facing me. She was saying something but I was out of focus. I knew it will be just about those non-sense rumors anyway.  All I know was that I was scared of what will happen to me soon. Something these people were capable to do to an innocent person like me just because of baseless rumors.  

The girl slapped me as she shouts with full of hatred and disgust. I stumbled down on the floor due to the impact but the girl was reckless and pulled me just to slap me again, all I could do was close my eyes but to my surprise, the slap didn't reach me. I slowly opened my eyes and saw two familiar faces.  They made the girls ran away, for that I was relieved.

Third person's point of view

"Aigoo. It's such a waste to see a beautiful face like that to have scratches" Moonbyul stated while examining Joohyun's face.

"The nurse might be out at this time but I'll see what I can find in the nurse office" Moonbyul stated while looking at her watch then ran to get first aid kit.

Seulgi and Joohyun sat on the ground while waiting for Moonbyul.  Joohyun remained quiet the whole time, still staring blankly with tears uncontrollably falling.

"Here." Seulgi offered a handkerchief to her which made her stared at Seulgi with pain in her eyes. Thankfully, Joohyun took it and wiped her tears but still sobbing at the moment.

"Why?" The girl named Joohyun suddenly asked.

"Huh?" Seulgi responded.

"Why did you help me? Don't you know who I am?" Joohyun asked with a low and serious voice. Seulgi knew what Joohyun meant by that question. Why did they got involved to a rumoured girl like her.

"Because you needed help. I know who you are. You're Bae Joohyun" Seulgi smiled to her trying to comfort this abused girl.

After the incident, the two girls who bullied Joohyun continued to spread gossips and hatred but were pushed to silence when Seulgi and Moonbyul are around. They tried to convince Joohyun to tell what happened to the authorities of the school to suspend those two but Joohyun chose not to. The known war freak duo explained that if it's just them who's going to tell what happened, for sure the school won't believe them due to their bad reputation around the school. Again, Joohyun chose to be silent about it.

*End of flashback*

At present

Irene and Seulgi finished their dinner together followed by Seulgi taking her stuff and was ready to go but the actress has the urge of keeping the chief editor a little longer.

"You said you were... thankful about my help, right?" with a hint of shyness, Irene surprisingly asked.

"Yes, I know the food was not enough to thank you for what you did. It's not easy to take care of a sick stranger all of a sudden so if you need help on anything. You can ask me" Seulgi sincerely offered.

"Then..." Irene trailed off  darting her sight at Seulgi who raised her eyebrows waiting for her to continue.

"Help me with this" Irene threw compiled papers on the couch which was near the chief editor which she immediately took to examine.

"Huh? It's the script from the drama you are in." Seulgi stated in confusion.

"Do you want me to help you practice the script?" Seulgi added.

"Exactly.. well if you're REALLY thankful" Irene answered emphasizing the latter part to awake the conscience in Seulgi's mind.  The chief editor hesitated for a moment because she never tried doing the said task but soon agreed to show how thankful she was.

After a few minutes, Seulgi and Irene decided to try to act the script. They started pretty well practicing some scenes until they've come to a particular scene.

"I've waited for so long to finally meet you again and this time I won't let you slip away" Irene stated with sincerity in her tone while looking at Seulgi's eyes.

"You're lying. It's me who waited for you that day but you never came and now that I finally moved on from the pain..." Seulgi paused a little to look at the script for the next words. She didn't realize that Irene slowly took steps toward her.

"Here you are putting me back to the mess I've been" voice almost shaken from Irene's sudden approach, Seulgi was able to pull the script properly not wanting to ruin the actress momentum. At the back of Seulgi's mind she swore that the moment she looked back up to Irene, the actress was breathtaking.

'At some point she looks like that girl...' Seulgi thought.

"Stop being self--" She tried to continue the next line but was surprised by the next scene that happened.

"I'm really sorry, Seulgi.." Irene cut Seulgi's line as she leaned closer and whispered those words. Wrapping her arms around Seulgi's neck and tiptoed a little to plant her lips on Seulgi's.

A sudden kiss that made Seulgi stopped breathing and froze at the moment. She never thought that the actress in front of her would steal a kiss from her. Seulgi's tight grip on the script unconsciously loosened until it slipped down to the floor.

Irene slowly broke the kiss leaning back with eyes locked on Seulgi trying to figure out her reaction. For a moment, Irene was also shocked at her own action.

"Wait.. was that on the scri..script?" Seulgi snapped out but before Seulgi could reach the script on the floor to scan, Irene swiped the script away from her.

"Yes, sorry I just got carried away" Irene reasoned awkwardly.

An awkward silence surrounded the room until Seulgi decided to break it.

"I think... I better go." Seulgi stated awkwardly scratching the back of her neck. She took her things and again, thanked Irene. Irene assisted Seulgi to the exit of her condominium but awkwardly, the two paused at the door where Seulgi was outside and Irene on the other end contemplating whether to close her door already.

"Uhmm.." Seulgi trailed off making Irene abruptly focused her attention to Seulgi as if she's really expecting a word from the chief editor.

Seulgi searched her pocket then pulled a card and handed it to Irene. "Here's my business card, just call me if you need anything. I think my help today was still not enough compared to your care." She stated, bowed stiffly and went on her way.

Irene proceeded to her balcony to feel the night breeze when she accidentally saw a small figure standing at the sidewalk. She completely knew that back view, it was he recent visitor. Unconsciously following the chief editor with her own eyes, she thought of what might've happened to Seulgi that made her hate celebrities that much and how Seulgi changed drastically from being the bad girl at school to the calm and composed she is now.

Then Irene remembered something that made her hand slowly reached for her lips, stroking it softly.

"We kissed twice in this meeting, Kang Seulgi"

--End of Chapter 10--

HEY!!! It's July! The mark of my comeback in this story.

How was it?

How are you? Miss me? ~^u^~

I will try my best to update every other day but if I'm generous I will update everyday kekekeke

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT *wink

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.5K 1.1K 27
Life has its Ups and Downs. Yet, you kept pushing forward to where you want to be now. But are you in the right place or the wrong one?
59.9K 2.8K 81
Following controversial news regarding Irene, she was forced to take a hiatus. She lost her confidence due to this news, and she escaped to the count...
582K 21K 28
A brat client vs. A mysterious bodyguard. Where does one curiosity might lead to? PUBLISHED: 8 OCT 2017 COMPLETED: NOVEMBER 2017
2.9K 194 5
Train rides can be boring and ordinary, however things can change in an instant. Kang Seulgi, a dance teacher routinely takes the train to and from w...