Working with my Ex HS sweethe...

By twitaebird

Dara is just living her life. In an unexpected turn of events she stumbles upon a guy whom she never expects... More

Prologue
1 - "Safety pin"
3-"Matcha Milk tea"
4-"Elevators"
5-"Papers"
6-"Taro"
7-"There's no such thing as too much pink"
8-"Baby boy"

2- "Minnie Mouse"

627 11 2
By twitaebird

Sandara's POV

I'm sitting on my swivel chair; sulking into nothingness. I lay my back and my hands together while my elbows lean on the armchair.

I think of Jiyong, and myself being the embarrassing person that I was last night. How can he be so casual? Like nothing happened between us? Maybe he doesn't really care. A thought in my mind lingers and its right. I shouldn't care either. Say it Dara!

I DON'T CARE! Again!

I DON'T CARE! One more time!

I DON'T CARE

I convince myself.

"Unnie"

"I DON'T CARE"

I see Jisoo trying not to burst out laughing. I furrowed my eyebrows and bit my lips and why the heck did I said that out loud? "I'm sorry what?" I asked embarrassed . She covered her mouth with her tablet and cleared her throat. She turns it on and read out loud "Relocation of office will be today as requested by your father. The men will be here in an hour".

I nodded in response. I know my father is trying to speed things up and not waste time. He's a businessman after all.

I also have to prove to him that he can trust me and that I'm by his side, that I'm the child he can depend on. Unlike my brother. My father almost offered everything to my brother just so he can lead the empire. The empire that my father built for himself and our family, and what did he get out of it? One by one , his relative despising him, left him. One that hurt the most was his only son.

My thoughts were running inside my mind again but was cut off by Jisoo. "What's with you? You've been off recently. You kept doing these jazz hands a while ago then screaming I DON'T CARE at me. Should I call for the mental hospital?"

I deeply sigh "Yes please" I lay my head on the table. "I'm so tired. I've been overthinking about things lately and I don't know what to do. " I bang my head gently from every word I said.

Silence filled the room as well as my mind. All I can think about is the sound of the air condition...you know... "conditioning". I let out a deep sigh again.

"You know unnie, when you overthink something or should I say someone that means it or he/she means a lot to you" I process her words in my mind as I see her wiggling her eyebrows at me as if hinting something or someone. I look at her in disgust "Jiyong doesn't mean anything to me" I admitted.

"So you WERE thinking about him! You're caught unnie HA HA HAHA" she gleefully shoves it in my face. I just rolled my eyes at her and lay my back on the chair while my gaze is at the ceiling.

Slowly replaying what happened that night.

~~~Flashback~~~

I glare at him first then I cockily smile at him back. His eyebrows wrinkled as I imitate his actions a while ago, I tilted my head and say "Like what you see?".

My eyes look at him from head to toe. That's when I realized we were so close to each other. Only a small gap left seperating the both of us.

I step back slowly away from him when suddenly a waiter came fast behind me. I lost my balance walking back. Everything in slow motion, I see Jiyong's hand reaching for me and I try to reach it.

Closer....just a litlle bit more.

You can do it Dara!

.....but I fell down. Butt first and it hurts!

Curse these high heels. Its already a pain in the ass for being short, but I have to experience more pain just to be less short???

What a cruel world.

I look up and I see falling cupcakes. Probably from the waiter a while ago. Before I get to react, it fell unto me and my dress. I gasp. I can feel and I just know for sure that the attention is all mine. Great. So much for being the next CEO of one of Asia's most powerful companies.

I see Jiyong holding in his laugh by covering his mouth with his finger tips. I let out a deep sigh of embarrassment and gives up at life. Just kill me already.

~~~End of Flashback~~~

I groan from annoyance as I stomp my feet. I look at Jisoo acting like she's so concerned for me. I glare at her knowing that she pretends that she pities me like I'm mentally ill or something. Then she walks out to the door giggling.

I figured to go and get some milk tea because I need something that would make me feel good right now. Blame my greedy taste buds and my stomach. But mostly my stomach.

The doors of the elevator open and I see a guy standing tall with his expensive looking suit, his right hand in his pocket the other holding a basket. "Gosh, Mr. Kang Seung Yoon looking like a millionaire already" I smile genuinely and walk in the elevator.

Its just us both in the elavator. Other office workers here have their own designated ones. Thankfully I don't have to deal with long lines and crowded elevators.

"I'm flattered." He smiles back then he continues "Where are you going?" I press the ground floor button and reply. "Out. Just going to get something to drink in that new place that opened across the street". The elevator is still going up probably at the top floor where my dad's office is.

"I see you're here to visit my dad?" I guessed while I look at the basket he's holding. It smells so delicious! I hear him chuckle "Yeah, dad said I should drop by before my flight to Japan. You know, business. Plus mom wanted to brag about her macaroons" he shows me the bright colored sweets.

I swear I almost drooled. I pretended not wanting a bite from those macaroons and look away. "That looks great." My stomach rumbles and I look at Seungyoon sideways. I hope he didn't hear it.

"Yah Dara" I turn my head to him and he suddenly stuffed a macaroon in my mouth. "There. Is your stomach happy now?" I took a bite and smile while I happily chew the pink macaroon. I nod my head in response of my satisfaction. "After this do you want me to come with you for a drink?" I nodded again while still enjoying the taste of sweetness.

Kang Seung Yoon was my brother's best friend. Was. We were actually not that close when my brother was still around. After he left we were both miserable from the absence of my brother and I guess that's probably how we bonded, from the emptiness we felt from someone who ran away from us. I get to spend time with him and know him; even a little bit of my brother. Stuff he didn't get to say to me before he left.

I still don't know why my brother would just leave me without a word. Dad told me that my brother was just a selfish boy, wanted to live life the way he wanted it to be. Sadly he didn't want me in it. What did I miss? What am I not aware of? Nevertheless, Seungyoon was there when my brother wasn't.

The funny thing is he asked me on a date a year ago but we both know its better to stay as best friends because it wasn't working out. I laugh at the memory then I realized he is the only one right now that is willing to move mountains for me. With everyone that I thought will be there by my side until the end, gone. Left me like there weren't promises to be kept.

I look at Seungyoon intently and wonder if he will still be there when I need him. That he wouldn't leave me like how my friends and my brother did.

"Right? Dara?" I shake off my head from all the stuff going on in my head and I look at my father and Seungyoon. "Right" I reply to Seungyoon without knowing what they were talking about. I see a small smile on his face and I wish I agreed on something I will not regret.

After we both get off from the elevator I noticed people are turning their heads at us. I doubled check if my bra was exposed again but it wasn't. I furrow my eyebrows in wonder. "Yah Seungyoon" I whisper to him while we're heading to the exit. "Hm?" He raise his eyebrows at me. "Haven't you noticed that people kept staring at us?" He chuckled at my question and he replied as he leans closer "Maybe because you still have some macaroon crumbs on your lips" My eyes widen. "Really?!?" I start to wipe my mouth with my hand and he shakes his head and puts his arm around me "OR maybe they just think we look cute together" he points out and winked at me. I glare at him jokingly and hit him in the ribs with my elbow. He just laughed it off.

We arrive at the new milk tea place with his arm still around me. There were still a few stares at us but that's just probably because of Seungyoon's presence. I know many people likes him. He's just likable...I think.

"Why don't you take a seat and I'll order something for you?" I suggest "Sounds good to me at least you'll pay, but don't you try putting a love potion in there. I don't trust you that much" he squints is eyes and cautiously walks backward with an I'm-watching-you look on his face. I smile at his actions "Watch me" I said as I played along. He gasped exaggeratedly with his hand on his mouth and I let out a giggle.

This is something we weirdly always do. Its nothing new for the both of us.

I wait in line and look at the menu posted above the counter. I'm craving for some matcha milk tea with lots of pearls. My mouth watering from the thought of the taste of matcha. Before I think of what to get Seungyoon I feel someone lean down on me from my back. My eyebrows furrow from the familiar scent.

"Hey Minnie Mouse" says Jiyong.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 80 11
A Model, Designer,Stylist and a Single Mom Refuse her Father's inheritance to be with her daughter... Can she handle everything when her daughter mee...
31.3K 661 10
They keep denying it to the world that they are a couple. They're just friends, so they say. They hid their love to protect it but what if by hiding...
57.5K 1.4K 85
G-Dragon is a vicious; deadly, ruthless gang member, next in line for the leader position. Jiyong is a 23 year old man with a mental capacity of a fi...
152K 4.1K 66
Dara is a simple, smart and hardworking girl who only wish to live a normal life and find her Mr. Right with the help of her best friend. Jiyong is a...