Always and forever[BOOK 1]

By violet_04_smith

Amelia was adopted by Esther at a very young age. She and Rebekah were best friends and when Esther and Mikae... More

1. Always and forever
2. House of the rising son
3. Tangled up in blue
4. Girl in New Orleans
5. Sinners and Saints
6. Fruit of the poisoned tree
7. Bloodletting
8. River in reverse
9.Reigning pain in New Orleans
10. The casket girls
11. Apres Moi, Le Deluge
12. Dance back from the grave
13.Crescent city
14. Long way back from hell
15. Le grand guignol
16. Farewell to Storyville
17.Moon over bourbon street
18. The big uneasy
19. An unblinking death
21. The battle of New Orleans
22. From a cradle to a grave
Hey guys!

20. A closer walk with thee

253 2 0
By violet_04_smith

Klaus' pov

I opened the church's doors and walked inside. A lot of people were sitting on the sits. Marcel, Francesca and Genevieve walked close to the casket to pay their respect to the dead Father Kieran. After that they walked back to their sits. I walked further inside when I sensed someone next to me. I turned to my right and saw Amy smiling at me. She wore a beautiful black dress that fitted perfectly around her body. I smiled back to her and then she grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers together. I smiled at her sweetly. We stood next to the casket. I opened it with my free hand only to see a baby. I starred at it and it started laughing at me. It was so beautiful.

''Hi.'' I said sweetly and then turned to see Amy smiling at the sight. I leaned and kissed her cheek before turning my look to the baby.

''Hello to you too.'' a voice said from behind us. A voice that only brings death. I quickly turned to face Mikael. The next thing I know is that Amy's hand was pulled away from mine. Her eyes widened as blood fell from her mouth. I looked at her stomach to see the white oak stake.

''NOOO!!!'' I yelled but it was too late. She fell on the ground dead while Mikael had the stake on his hand. This can't be happening. She can't be dead. No, not her.

''Now it's your turn.'' Mikael said and pushed the stake inside my stomach.

''Nik! Nik! Wake up, Nik!'' I heard a voice yelling and my eyes immediately shot open. I sat up and breathed heavily. I then looked next to me to see Amy's worried face. She was here. She wasn't dead. Relief washed over me.

''Amy... you're here.'' I whispered and she smiled.

''Of course I am.'' she replied. I laid back on the bed bringing Amy next to me. She rested her head on my bear chest as I wrapped my arms around her.

''I'm not going anywhere Nik.'' she reassured me and I smiled kissing her forehead.

Amy's pov

I walked inside Rousseau's and saw Cami talking to Klaus. I walked to them and joined them.

'' I've been having these dreams about my dead father. No diagnosis necessary, love. I've already got this one covered: my fears of fatherhood, of scarring my child as my father scarred me, are manifesting as nightmares.'' Klaus said and my eyes widened.

''You're having nightmares about your father?'' I asked and he nodded at me.

''Why didn't you tell me?'' I asked feeling a little hurt.

''I didn't want to scare you and make you worry. Simple as that.'' he said.

''What did you see?'' I asked.

''It's fine just forget about it, love.'' he said.

''Forget about it? Jesus Nik.'' I said and turned my head in front of me not wanting to continue this conversation.

'' Truthfully? I'm just surprised to hear you acknowledge out loud that you're going to be a dad. Your baby mama has been living out in the bayou for months, it's not exactly What To Expect When You're Expecting.'' Cami said to him.

'' I know more about the trials of fatherhood than you might imagine, Camille.'' Klaus said to her.

'' And it worked out for you so well the first time, why change a thing?'' Cami said and walked away. Klaus looked somewhere and I noticed it was Marcel. I looked at Klaus only to see him starring with a look on his face like he was in another world.

''Nik, are you okay?'' I asked softly.

''Yes. Just stop worrying about me, I'm fine.'' he said. I rolled my eyes.

''My apologies for bothering you.'' I said angrily and walked away.

''Amy, wait! Amy!'' Klaus shouted but I ignored him and walked out of the bar.

Klaus' pov

I rolled my eyes at Amy's behavior and then I noticed Elijah sitting on a table by himself. I stood up and walked to him. I sat next to him and poured myself a drink.

'' Seems rather uncivilized, to laugh and dance around the body of a loved one.'' I said and continue watching the party that was happening inside the bar.

'' Yes, far better to practice your process of grief, Niklaus. Denial, rage, and hoarding coffins in basements.'' Elijah said and I shook my head smirking. Then I saw Hayley walking inside the bar. Once she saw us she walked to our table and sat between us.

''I saw Amy leaving. She looked pretty angry. What did you do to her?'' she asked and I rolled my eyes.

''You should ask my brother. He has an interesting technique to treat ladies.'' Elijah said and I threw him a glance.

''Nobody asked for your opinion, brother.'' I said making sure to say the word 'brother' as sarcastically as I could.

'' I will warn you, Hayley, Niklaus is in a spectacularly foul mood today. He doesn't go well with couple fights.'' Elijah said as I finished my third drink.

''Sod off!'' I said to him.

''Oh so this is a thing? With Amy?'' Hayley asked a little shocked.

''He's all yours, love. Don't worry.'' I said and Elijah's eyes filled with rage.

''Anyway,  what's the deal with these moonlight rings? Oliver's trying to set a revolution every five seconds, people are scared, angry, and frankly, I'm tired of stalling.'' Hayley said to me trying to break the ice.

'' It's a day of peace, Hayley. Try and enjoy it. And, in the meantime, with all manner of unknown enemies conspiring against our family, you'll move back in with us.'' I said. She rolled her eyes.

''Awesome! Then, we can do that thing where you lock me in the tower, I escape, there's drama, and then you two both realize I'm very capable of looking after myself.'' she said sarcastically.

''The rings are in progress. I will live up to my word. We will find and punish whoever launched the attack on the bayou, and you will return to the compound for your own safety! '' I said frustrated but Hayley rolled her eyes again. ''But now...'' I started and grabbed the bottle of scotch before opening it. '' I'm gonna finish this bottle, and the next, in the hopes of drowning the demon who has chosen today to haunt me.'' I said and looked at the ceiling. '' Cheers, Mikael. Impeccable, Freudian timing.'' I said frustrated and started drinking.

''I don't Amy will be pleased if she found you drunk in the house.'' Elijah said.

''You think I give a damn?'' I asked him the words flying out of my mind without too much thought.

''Have you been dreaming of our father?'' Elijah asked again.

''Go ahead, have a good laugh.'' I said to him finishing the bottle.

'' I can assure you there is no piece of this that I find even remotely amusing, Niklaus. Especially considering I've been dreaming of him, too.'' Elijah said and my eyes widened.

''What?'' I asked him.

'' If you are also seeing him...'' Elijah started but he stopped to look at Genevieve who just entered the bar. I looked at her too.'' Perhaps our elusive, unknown enemy is orchestrating a further attack?'' Elijah continue and I smirked before turning to Genevieve and waving at her.

'' Well, then. What better way to punctuate a day of peace than by killing someone?'' I said and then I looked at Elijah.

''Call Amy. We'll need backup.'' I said to him.

''Why don't you call her?'' he asked.

''Just do it.'' I said.

Amy's pov

I was sitting on the couch reading my book when my phone started ringing. I picked it up.

''Elijah, what do you want?'' I asked.

''If you'll be so kind to come at Rousseau's and help up deal something.'' Elijah said.

''Fine. What is it about?'' I asked.

''Mikael.'' he said and hanged up. My eyes widened as I froze to my place. After a few seconds I vamp sped away and met up with Elijah and Klaus outside Rousseau's.

''What happend? Where's Mikael?'' I asked terrified.

''Not here, thankfully.'' Klaus said and I turned to Elijah.

''Don't scare me like that!'' I exclaimed.

''I knew you'd come as quickly as you could if I said that. Though this is about Mikael.'' Elijah said.

''Elijah and I have been having dreams about him.'' Klaus said.

''Both of you?'' I asked and they nodded.

All three of us walked inside the voodoo store. Inside was Genevieve.

'' You disappeared from the party.'' Genevieve said to us. Klaus, Elijah and I walked closer to her.

'' Do you care to explain why you would choose to torment us with visions of our father?'' Klaus asked.

''Your father? I didn't. I wouldn't!'' she exclaimed.

'' Of course, how foolish of me. It must have been that other witch that's been parading through our house pretending to be friends.'' I said.

'' I know how talented you are with your tongue, Genevieve. Might I recommend you use it to provide answers? I would so hate to tear it from your mouth.'' Klaus said. Genevieve laughed nervously.

'' As much as I enjoy these repeated accusations of wrongdoings, I don't know what you're talking about. But, if you've both been seeing your dead father, I can try to get you answers.'' she said.

''Fine. Go.'' Klaus said and my eyes widened.

''Nik, don't you dare...'' I was cut off by him.

''Go!'' he said at her as she ran outside the door.

''Why?!'' I started. Klaus walked closer to me.

'' You don't trust her, and you're right not to. Only a fool would. But, she certainly wants us to, doesn't she?'' Klaus said.

'' Let me guess, there's something of benefit for you in all of this, isn't there?'' Elijah asked.

'' I need a witch to make those rings for the wolves. Perhaps we'll get both answers and cooperation?'' Klaus said and then Elijah walked outside the store leaving me with Klaus. I turned to walk away but Klaus grabbed my arm. I turned to face him.

''Please. Just let me make it up to you. I was... cruel.'' he said his voice sounding nervously.

''Look Nik. I get it, you're in bad situations but I can't be the one you'll get mad at everytime you're angry.'' I started. ''Whatever this is... has to stop untill things get back to normal. Untill all of this is over.'' I said to him while he looked at me with hurt inside his eyes.

''Things will never get normal. You know that, Amy.'' he said starring inside my eyes.

''Just give me some time. We both need it.'' I said.

''The only thing I need right now is you! I said it once but if you need me to say it again I will! I love you, Amy! I always were in love with you!'' he said and I just starred at him.

''Just give me some time.'' I said and vamp sped away.

After hours all the city was gathered to follow the coffin of Father Kieran. I walked behind Elijah and Klaus. After a few minutes Hayley came next to me.

''Hayley... you look...'' I started but she cut me off.

'' A hundred months pregnant and pissed off at the world?'' she asked and i chuckled.

''You can say that.'' I said as we laughed.

'' Do you think I was the target of those bombings?'' she asked glaring at Francesca.

'' Of course you were the target! Were I to wage a war on the wolves, you'd be my first kill! I would string you up, for all your worshipers to see.'' Klaus said.

'' I believe that was my brother's way of telling you he'd like you to return home with us. Perhaps try a different approach, Niklaus, with fewer references to murder?'' Elijah popped next to me.

'' As much as I would hate to throw you over my shoulder, and drag you kicking and screaming to the compound, we both know I will, for the sake of my child.''Klaus said and Elijah glared at him.

'' One bad dream, and suddenly, you want to be a responsible daddy.''Hayley said. Klaus smirked at her response and threw his arm on her shoulders making me and Elijah frown at him.

'' Let me put this into perspective: my father lived to torment me. It is not my intention to become him. This cycle of misery ends with my child.''Klaus whispered at her.

''Mmm.'' Hayley said and yanked Klaus' arm off of her. '' You forgot one thing in your little attempt to plead your case, she's not your child. She's ours. And between us, Amy is not going to get jealous by your stupid attends to care for me.'' Hayley whispered at him and walked further ahead. Klaus starred at her and then back at me and continue walking.

'' Very heartfelt, Niklaus.'' Elijah said to him.

''I hate funerals!'' Klaus exclaimed angrily and I smirked.

As we walked further I saw Hayley loosing her balance and coughing blood on the pavement.

''Nik! Elijah!'' I yelled and pointed at her. All of us rushed next to her us she collapsed on the ground.

''Quickly get her home.'' I said as Elijah carried her bridal style.

 When we arrived at the house Elijah laid Hayley o the table.

'' I can help....'' Genevieve started but Elijah pushed her away.

''Don't touch her!'' he yelled. I've never seen him so mad before. Well probably what Klaus said is true. Elijah is in love with Hayley.

'' Let it be, Elijah. She was a nurse.'' Klaus said.

''I was a nurse. I can help too.'' I said and Elijah looked at me.

''Yes Amy please. I trust you.'' Elijah said and I quickly rushed next to Hayley checking her.

'' There's a spell I can do. Klaus, get chamomile from the pantry. She's trembling. Your jacket, Elijah.'' Genevieve protested. Elijah quickly removed his jacket and laid it on Hayley.

'' She's not breathing, I can hear the baby's heartbeat, but not hers.'' I said.

Genevieve started saying a spell while Klaus bit on his wrist and placed it on Hayley's mouth.

'' She's still not breathing. It's not working!'' I said and Elijah closed his eyes frustrated before shattering a table in pieces.

Genevieve continued working at her spell as Elijah paced around the room.

'' I'm taking her to a real doctor.'' Elijah said and picked Hayley's body up.

'' If you move her from here, my spell will break. There won't be enough time to get her to a hospital.'' Genevieve protested.

'' Will the baby survive if delivered now? I'll rip it out of her myself.'' Klaus said angrily walking towards her. I quickly vamp sped in front of him.

''Nik, stop!'' I said and stayed in front of him. My chest against his.

'' Hayley will bleed to death!'' Elijah yelled.

''I won't lose the baby!'' Klaus said and tried to break free but I had a strong grip on him.

''I won't lose either of them!'' Elijah yelled.

'' I know what to do. Get my bag, the gris-gris pouch! Now!'' Genevieve exclaimed I quickly gave her her bag as she made a circle of salt around Hayley. 

Hayley after a few seconds wakes up jumping up and breathing heavily. Elijah helped her up as Klaus looked at her worryingly. I came next to her and rubbed her back.

''You're alright. Everything is fine.'' I said. 

''No it's not. I saw him, Amy. He tried to kill me. I saw Mikael.'' Hayley said and I froze. Not him. Please not him again.

Klaus' pov

Some hours had passed and I walked to Hayley's bedroom. The door was opened but I knocked either way. Hayley looked up at me as I walked inside.

'' You've proved quite resilient, little wolf. Fighters, both of you.'' I said to her.

'' I guess we've had to be. Especially lately.'' Hayley said and I looked at her. I really don't know what to say to that. '' I've decided that I'm going to move back in.'' she finally said and I smiled.

'' Well, I'm relieved to hear it.''I said.

'' But no mouth-breathing bodyguards, no telling me what to do.'' she said and I smiled.

'' All I ask is that the child is kept safe.'' I said but she frowned.

'' nd what about me? What happens after she's born? If you try to take her away from me, I...'' she started but I cut her off.

''Come with me.'' I said and walked towards a door inside her room. I turned and saw that she wasn't following me. ''Please, I want to show you something.'' I said and she got up walking next to me. I opened the door revealing the baby's room I made. Hayley stepped inside looking around surprised. She walked closer to the baby's bed and smiled.

'' Believe it or not, Hayley, I would actually like you to be here. Our daughter should be raised by her parents, in her family home.'' I said.

'' You, Amy, me, Elijah, and miracle-baby, all under one roof? Imagine our daughter seeing her parents being in love with different people. Sounds like a bad reality show.'' she said and chuckled. I chuckled too as I thought about it for a moment.

'' Uh, you said you saw my father.'' I asked not really want to continue this conversation.

'' Why do you call him that? He's not your real dad.'' she said and I smiled shaking my head.

'' He's done damage only a father could do. What did he say to you?'' I said. She turned and looked at me smiling warmly.

''Nothing true.'' Hayley said. I smiled softly and turned to walk away before she stopped me.

''Klaus...'' she said. ''Don't let Amy go. She really loves you and you love her too. Don't loose the opportunity.'' she said. I didn't turned to face her. I stopped for a moment before walking out of the room.

Amy's pov

Me, Klaus and Elijah stood in the side of the road as the band continue playing and people walking. Klaus held an umbrella for the both of us, even if I was still mad at him, while Elijah had his own.

'' Hayley has agreed to return home to us...with her own free will.'' Klaus said and then I noticed that he was starring at Marcel standing near by. '' When Mikael is truly gone, do you think then I'll find peace?'' he asked looking at Elijah.

'' I certainly hope so. Although, it's not only our father who haunts you, Niklaus.'' Elijah said as Klaus rolled his eyes. You might want to make peace with the living and for sure with the ones you love the most.'' he continued. Klaus looked at him as Elijah patted his back walking away. I looked at him before walking away too.

It was night time now and I was laying in my bed reading my book when my phone started ringing. I looked at it and it was Klaus. I looked at it without moving but eventually I picked it up.

''Nik... you know our rooms are like opposite.'' I said.

''Come to the roof. I need to show you something.'' he said and hang up. I looked at my phone. What is he planning now? I stood up boringly and walked outside of my room. I walked up on the room. When I opened the roof door my eyes widened at the sight. Rose petals where everywhere as candles. From up here you could she the whole city. I walked further ahead and then I saw Klaus standing in the middle next to a table. I walked to him.

''It's just something simple.'' he said grabbing the two glasses that were on the table. He offered me the one glass and I noticed that it was filled with blood. I smiled at him taking the glass.

''It's amazing.'' I said to him.

''Just doing a small treat for the girl I love.'' he said and I smiled at him softly. ''Please, Amy. You're the only person that understands me. You're the only person that truly cared for me. You're the only one I feel home, safe, myself. You make me me, Amy. I really can't stand you being mad at me. Please forgive me.'' he said and while he was talking I had made my way in front of him.

''Are you done?'' I asked smirking. He smirked too.

''I think I am.'' he said.

''Are you going to kiss me already?'' I asked laughing. He smirked seductively leaving our glasses on the table and grabbed my waist pulling me closer.

''With pleasure.'' he replied before his lips crushed on mine. I quickly kissed him back wrapping my arms around his neck. His arms around my waist tightened pushing our bodies harder against each other. The kiss heated as he grabbed my hips making me jump wrapping my legs around his waist as he vamp sped us against the wall. He continue kissing my neck making me moan slightly.

''I think we should take this inside.'' he said between kisses. I nodded my head filled with emotions and lust before he vamp sped us inside his room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.6K 1.1K 18
When Elijah cheats on Y/n and leaves her heartbroken, she turns to Klaus for comfort. But when Y/n and Klaus start to have feelings for one another...
121K 1.5K 16
Cora and Kol were the cutest couple in their home town. They were the opposite of one another. Kol was the more adventurous one while Cora was the mo...
20.7K 428 42
Amelia "Lia" Artem came from a family of hunters and was raised to fight against the evils of the supernatural world. Growing up in New Orleans was...
55K 1.7K 36
Rosalie Salvatore and Klaus Mikaelson left for New Orleans. When her visions and nightmares get worse and then she is faced with the most difficult c...