congratulations || jeongchan

By MIDNIGHTYJI

"i don't care." "i wish you did." cover by @luseoks story in collaboration with @KazTiger stray kids soulmate... More

- 1 - Fragile -
- 2 - Missing -
- 4 - Again -
- 5 - Droplets -
- 6 - Falling -
- 7 - Wanting -
- 8 - Together -
- 9 - Wishing -
- 10 - Suspicious -
- 11 - Pleading -
- 12 - Nostalgia -
- 13 - Wait -
- 14 - Silence -
- 15 - Pity -
- 16 - Shaking -
- 17 - Acceptance -
- 18 - Flushed -
- 19 - Please -
- 20 - Memories -
- 21 - Everyone -
- 22 - Rebuilding -
- 23 - Paths -
- 24 - Calm -
- 25 - Slow -
- 26 - Trailing
- 27 - Emptiness -
- 28 - Hold Me -
- 29 - Baby -
- 30 - Smile -
- 31 - Conversations -
- 32 - Karma -
- 33 - Smile -
- 34 - Pooling -
- 35 - Plan -
- 36 - Sleep -
- 37 - Breakfast -
- 38 - Goodbye -
-
-
- Coming Soon -
- White Night -

- 3 - Maybe -

3K 151 14
By MIDNIGHTYJI

And sure I know that sometimes it gets hard

Jeongin dragged his fingertips along the metal railings, the slight arch of his fingernails catching on each fleck of paint and causing them to spiral aimlessly in the breeze. His fingers made dull and almost imperceptible noises as they hit off of the ancient railings. 

Beside him, Hyunjin was bundled into about a thousand coats, insisting on wrapping a scarf around Jeongin's neck as well. Despite Jeongin's protests. And despite the fact that it was barely autumnal weather, let alone winter. Jeongin also wore gloves, but those were his own choice, soft orange covering the black demise he'd  made for himself. 

It was Chan's birthday. 

Jeongin should be with him, pressing kisses all over his face and watching his favourite shows and listening to his music and showing him just how much he loves him. Just doing the little extra things to make Chan's special day just a little extra special. And instead he was in the middle of a scabby park, with his best friend and spilled hot chocolate sinking into the fabric of his boots. Wonderful. Just wonderful.

In the end, Hyunjin had come to collect Jeongin - insisting that the younger simply had to come with him because there was this beautiful boy who was always at the park. The younger had wanted to stay home and binge watch anime, but no. His hyung had decided to drag him out into the vague cold to look at his crush. Stalkerish much?

Jeongin came to the realisation that Hyunjin was clutching his sleeve, he just couldn't feel it through the thick padding encasing Hyunjin's arms. Come to think of it, he kind of looked like the stay puft marshmallow man from ghostbusters, except a curious shade of forest green. He snorted at the thought, hushing immediately as Hyunjin fixed him with a look.

"He isn't here." It was a sad whisper that left Hyunjin's lips, one that made Jeongin question him. He barely knew the boy on the bench, and yet still Hyunjin was utterly besotted. Interesting. Very interesting indeed.

"Why are you so positive that he's your soulmate, anyway?" The blush that crept onto the elders cheeks was like a wild fire, his eyes widening and tiny stutters leaving his lips as he fumbled around for an answer to the question.

He resorted to pouting.

A small labrador puppy rushed past, his golden fur flopping around dramatically as his ears swished in the wind. The sight brought a vague smile to Jeongin's lips. He loved puppies. Especially when he was feeling... spacey. Puppies had always made him think of Chan: hyper and energetic, but sweet and attentive when required. Chan always did have a knack for knowing when Jeongin was feeling down. Except for the last time. 

And now he was thinking about Chan again, great.

Jeongin reaches up to poke Hyunjin's cheek gently, "I'm sure he'll come back, hyung, I wouldn't worry too much."

"But what if he's-" Hyunjin had that look on his face, the one that explained that he was about to tail off into a massive rant that wouldn't really result in anything and would only succeed in making Jeongin annoyed. The younger placed a finger on his lips.

"He's fine, Jinnie, I'm sure."

"Where's the respect?" Hyunjin grumbled slightly, but his face had lifted just that little bit more. That was the good thing about noticing everything - Jeongin knew when people were hurting. He also knew if he was the one who caused it. Usually. Just maybe not with a certain someone.

He felt a vague itch on his wrist, rolling up his sleeve he saw Chan's messy scrawl, the kind he used when he was happy-sad. Happy about something and sad about another. Jeongin suspected he was the sad. 

He knew that he should probably ignore the itch, he knew that Hyunjin was waiting for him, he knew that it was his fault Chan had let him go and that he should probably let Chan go as well. But he still couldn't. He was still hopelessly, madly in love with Chan. And it hurt so much.

Hyunjin let out a sigh, Jeongin wouldn't have picked up on it if it weren't for the most that dogged in the cool air when he did so. The slight crunch of the brittle leaves as he shifted impatiently. Jeongin was being far too engrossed in himself, just like always. That's why he was so problematic, he just couldn't focus on other people.

But his friend had to realise that there was a reason why Jeongin had exposed his skin when Hyunjin had him under strict instructions not to in case he got sick. He had to just try and understand that Jeongin needed this. 

A wild thought consumed him. An idea that maybe, just maybe Chan could see some reason for them to become acquaintances. Soulmates didn't always have to be lovers. Chan almost certainly had a new lover anyway. Someone else to make his special day perfect. Jeongin almost recoiled from the idea. Chan's birthday... He usually went all out. This year hed just gone all in on himself. Into the cocoon of Jeongin.

His fingers fumbled with the zip of his pocket, Hyunjin eventually tearing it open for him when he noticed the younger boy's distress. He pulled a pen from his pocket and uncapped it with difficulty, his braces getting in the way with their cumbersome size.

His response was simple:

Would I ever?

Well... maybe not that simple.

A/N - This is a little short because I'm in a weird mood

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

637K 14.1K 45
Imagine your life with Stray Kids. Don't freak out. Date Started 》 11.16.17 Date Ended 》 1k Reads , 100+ Votes ;; 12.01.17 5k Reads, 300+ Votes ;;...
97.7K 2.9K 38
"Even though I pretend that I don't care, my friends know how I really felt about you " [Completed] ctto.togethersvt -- Stray Kids(스트레이키즈) HWANG HYUN...
225K 6.2K 26
"I will always be here for you, through thick and thin. No matter what. I will never leave you." He places his forehead against mine as tears fall do...
366K 12.2K 45
❝you're much more beautiful than your artwork.❞ ⇾ non-idol!stray kids x artist!reader ⇾ completed ⇾ plagiarism in a crime. © honeysung 20...