Baby, baby.

By jadeamayaramirez

"Watch my baby, keep her safe. Claim her as your own. Is that too much to ask?" - #1 in #daviddobrik 1/30/19 ... More

N O T E
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y O N E
T W E N T Y T W O
T W E N T Y T H R E E
T W E N T Y F O U R
T W E N T Y F I V E
T W E N T Y S I X
T W E N T Y S E V E N
T W E N T Y E I G H T
T W E N T Y N I N E
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y O N E
T H I R T Y T W O
T H I R T Y T H R E E
T H I R T Y F O U R
T H I R T Y F I V E
T H I R T Y S I X
T H I R T Y S E V E N
T H I R T Y E I G H T
T H I R T Y N I N E
F O U R T Y
F O U R T Y O N E
F O U R T Y T W O
F O U R T Y T H R E E
F O U R T Y F O U R
F O U R T Y F I V E
F O U R T Y S I X
EXTRA CHAPTER
EXTRA CHAPTER
Note :)

E I G H T

30.1K 650 166
By jadeamayaramirez

I crack an egg into the bowl and begin mixing It quickly, careful about Maria's tiny hands that reach for it. "So this Liza just walked in and was rude to you? For no reason? And she doesn't even know you?" My mother asks over the phone, basically repeating what is just told her.

"She wasn't rude she was just acting.. strange. Like a middle school girl planning how she's going to steal my Pokémon cards out of my locker." I sigh deeply and begin placing the cookie dough dobs on the cookie sheet, like David instructed me this morning when he was angry I never bake for him. Which was extremely rude, he should be baking for me.

"I thought Liza was supposed to be the sweetest girl." he mothers tone shows exactly how confused she is. "That's what Ana tells me."

"She is supposed to be the sweetest girl. It doesn't make any sense how they're the same person." I shake my head in disbelief at how she was acting last night. Her and David obviously have some things they need to work out, which was sort of my business since it's most likely going to interfere with my life, but I decided last night to stay out of it. Maria doesn't need all this stress around her. "So you'll watch Maria tonight? Just for an hour or so?"

"So, you're really going to a party with David?" My mother cackles making me inwardly cringe.

"Yes, mother. Is that a problem." I ask in a hard tone.

"I mean, I thought he hired you to be his nanny, not his girlfriend." She laughs and I hear a commotion in the background. "Honey, honey," my mother gets out between laughs. "How much do you want to bet she comes out of this nanny job pregnant?"

"Mom!" I shout, startling Maria who behind fussing.

"She's definitely going to." I hear my father say in a bored tone of voice, agreeing quickly with my mother.

"I am his nanny," I lean against the island and cross my arms "I mean we can be friends, right? Is there some nanny hand book I should know about? Maria will grow up calling us mom and dad, she should probably see her 'parents' having some type of interaction other than him handing me a paycheck every week." I reply, thinking deeply about why my and David should have some type of relationship even though I was still worried about us growing too close.

"Hey, I was just say-" my mother begins but I cut her off, not being interested in what she has to say.

"Just be happy you can claim a grandchild."

"I am." She says sassily. "I love that girl." I look down at Maria and place a hand on her head with a smile on my face, Maria really was a wonderful baby and I'm more than happy to be acting as her mother. "Ill watch her tonight, just promise me you'll get a little drunk. You're too tense!"

"Mom!" I exclaim into the phone and she bursts out in laughter. "I refuse to get drunk and come back to this house and be alone with him."

"Calm down, Maria will be there." She begins calming down and I shake my head as if she can see it. "Really, you need to loosen up. David will think it's hot."

"Mom! I don't care what he thinks is hot. You know what, I'll talk to you later." We exchange our goodbyes and I make my way up the stairs, the conversation with my mother drained me.

I unbuckle Maria from the baby carrier and swaddle her tightly. "There you go sweetie." I rock her in my arms and hold the bottle in her mouth and watch as she falls asleep, which happens fairly quickly. Poor baby had been fussing all day, I think she misses David.

After placing her in her crib I make my way to my room and realize that it's already five, and dinner is at 6, which meant David would be here soon to rush me and be the most annoying person on the planet.

I finish my hair in 15 minutes and my timer for the cookies goes off, but David quickly enters my room eating a freshly baked cookie looking very happy with himself. "How much longer will you be?" He complains. "Your cookies taste like ass." He adds and continues eating the cookie and watching me as I pull out my makeup.

"You look like an ass." I say and begin shifting through the mess of brushes. "45 minutes. Now get out." He nods and exits the room, putting up no fight Which was halfway surprising.

After I finish getting ready, I pull on a tight dress from some overpriced store. It's black, which suits anyone. It elongates my legs and the black pumps from Steve Madden also help to make me appear taller. My makeup was kept simple, with the exception of a bold brow and some beautiful lashes to make my eyes pop.

After packing all of Maria's necessities into a backpack and slinging it onto my back I make my way down stairs to find David lounging on the couch, feeding Maria a bottle I'd made earlier. "You look nice." He says simply, a smile on his face.

"I know." I take in his appearance, which consisted of a black sweatshirt and black jeans Which he basically never switched up. "You look exactly like you did earlier." i fold my arms over my chest.

"I know." He mocks me, causing me to flick him off quickly.

We make our way to the car and I get into the passenger seat, holding the brightly colored diaper bag on my lap.

It doesn't take long to get to the incredibly fancy restaurant, the valet quickly takes the car from us and drives away. "You've got her?" David asks and I grip the handle of the car seat and nod.

"I'm not that weak, David." He holds his hands up in defense before he leads me into the restaurant and to a table in the far end, where a large group of people sit laughing with each other.

I instantly spot alex and he smiles over at me, waving me next to him. "Saved you boys a seat, you look absolutely stunning." Alex smiles at me and holds the seat out for me and I take it gladly, setting Maria's seat in between me and David's seat and quickly lift the seat cover.

"Hi baby," I say quietly and she grins up at me, reaching for me face with her small hands. I rock her in my arms and she bats my checks happy. I pepper her hand in kisses and look up once everyone stops talking and the room is overtaken by an awkward silence. I find everyone's eyes on me except for David, who stares at his daughter as if nothing else exists.

"It's cute." Liza says and sips her drink.

David rolls his neck towards her and stares at her silently for a second until someone coughs awkwardly. "My daughter is not an object."

"Don't get him started, Liza." The man sitting next to Kristen says and smiles over at me. "I'm Scotty. Kristen's boyfriend." I nod in acknowledgement and mentally take a note.

"I'm Layla, nice to meet you." i smile over at the pair and bounce the baby lightly in my arms.

"Baby," the girl with bleach blonde hair says and shakes the older looking mans arm. "Look how cute the baby is." She almost melts when her eyes make eye contact with Maria, who coo in my arms.

"Yes, yes. I know, hun." He stares at Maria for a moment and begins introducing himself. "I'm Jason, this is my girlfriend Trisha."

"I'm Trisha." She says and smiles widely at me. "We're gonna be best friends, no doubt." David rolls his eyes at Trisha and she sticks her tongue out at him jokingly.

"You better not even come home with blonde hair or a pink car after a night out with her." He says and turns to me with a smile.
"Oh shut up David!" She says and I chuckle at the interaction. He seemed to be very open and relaxed around these people, which makes sense because they're his best friends.

I scan the table and my eyes stop once they land on the Drake and Josh star sitting directly in-front of me. "Yo-you're.. uh.." he smiles at me and nods, placing a hand on his chest.

"Yes, yes, I know. I'm very attractive. I appreciate it."

"No.." I trail off and chuckle, awkwardly glancing at David who smiles at me. "I've watched you since I was like a child. You're great, really. Total fangirl moment." I glance at David and furrow my eyebrows. "Do I stan him? Is this what it feels like?" The whole table breaks out in laughter and he shakes his head at me, a wide smile plastered on his face.

"No, you don't." I nod slowly and turn back to josh who stares at me awaiting me to say something.

"I do now." I shrug and Josh laughs in response and smiles over at me with a wide grin.

"My favorite fan. Thank you for keeping my niece safe and giving her a mother, she deserves it. It means a lot to all of us. May I?" He reaches for Maria and David nods. I quickly make my way to him and place the baby in his arms and take my seat next to David, who hands me a glass of water.

"So, I'm Zane." The man with dark brown hair sitting across from me says. "How are you adjusting. David mentioned you aren't used to this type of lifestyle." I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, then realize that he meant I'm not rich and a completely spoiled brat like David is.

"Uh, Alright. I guess." I nod and smile at him.

Normally it would have been offensive and I would have said something along the lines of 'what the heck does that mean? Not being a rich asshole like you guys?' But these were David's friends and eventually they would be mine.

"So, I heard you met Liza and Kristen last night. I apologize for her behavior, these two get to be a bit much when they're alone." Scotty apologizes And Kristen sinks in her seat beside him. I chuckle and shake my head.

"I didn't even say anything, baby. I was nice, I waved to her." She says with a sad look on her face.

"No, it's fine really." I assure him and he nods.

"Will you be attending my party tonight? It's gonna be totally wicked." Alex asks and smiles at me from his place beside me, seeming very overly excited about his party tonight.

"Uh.." I look at David and then back at Alex and smile. "Yeah, I will be. As long as David's there, I'm there." He smiles and nods.

"Right on." I look at David and he rolls his eyes as if he's annoyed with the conversation I'm making with his friends now.

I make a thin line with my lips and sit up a little straighter in my chain, not liking the type of vibe David is giving off.

"Interesting." Liza crosses her arms after sipping her champagne and staring me dead in my face which was probably the most awkward and annoying thing she could have done.

"Can you drop the whole 'still in love with my ex and I'm crazy' act for one night so we can have a nice dinner?" David snaps at her and the people around the table try to hold in their laughter. "I'm sick of it."

"Oh, shut the hell up David." She says and aggressively sets her cup down on the table.

He quickly stands from him place and grabs both of our jackets. I stand beside him not knowing what to do or what exactly he's doing.  "Come on man, what are you doing? Just ignore her." Josh asks and David shakes his head.

"I brought my daughter here so all of you could spend a little time with her but somehow, Liza ruined that too." he pulls out his wallet and digs around grabbing a bill and setting it on the table, which doesn't make sense since we didn't eat or order yet. But I wasn't about to mention that in the middle of his meltdown.

"David, you're being irrational. Like always." Liza says in a bored tone and I make my way to josh and take Maria out of his arms and she begins crying due to the commotion going on around her.

"And you're still talking." David says and proves his point, Liza is an instigator. "I'd say your goodbyes now, since none of you assholes bother to see come see your niece any other time." David pauses for a second and shakes his head before any of the people at the table can respond. "I don't have time for childish shit like this anymore. I'm raising my daughter and doing what I need to do that I can provide for her. That is the only reason I don't block your number and never speak to you again." He says to Liza and everyonestares at him as if he's gone insane. "We'll see you at the party." he says and grabs the car seat in a huff and rushes me out of the restaurant.

-

Hi, so I'm posting early because I'm stuck on some chapters a bit away from this one. And I want to know what you guys would rather see first, since I have two options I can't chose between.

My first one is Layla and David. And the second one is Layla and Trisha. It's just like a chapter or two that this deals with. I'm not giving anything away and it's not like super important for the plot and I'm going to use both ideas, but which do you want to see earlier in the book? Some girl bonding with Trisha or just some layvid?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.8K 1.6K 24
"I needed him to be protective of me. I needed him to be able to tell when I'm uncomfortable and when things are too heightened and too emotional. Wh...
175K 2.9K 65
~you're giving me a million reasons to let you go~ ~baby, I just need one good one to stay~ Book 1- Unwritten Book 2- Enchanted Started- May 12, 201...
2.8M 122K 64
'where do u live?'. I text him and wait for a couple of seconds. Hmm...no reply. Nevermind. I change into my usual uniform and was about to put my dr...
302K 8.1K 78
━━━ β˜….*qο½₯゚✫*. πŽππ‹π˜ π˜πŽπ” ! "so this is the notorious david dobrik?" "the one and only" finding love i...