Begin Again

By Natalie-MacPherson

A Blake Barnes Series #1 I'm gonna tell you my story. Normally, stories are either romantic, family type or f... More

Beforehand
The Girl
Hudson, Wyoming
Travel
Docks
Two
Meet and Greet
Solving
Talkers
Instabul, Turkey
Runnin'
Boys
Move
Partners in Crime
Tension
Home
True
Run
Done Deal
Dynamic Duo
Surprise, Surprise.

Truckers

32 0 0
By Natalie-MacPherson

"Uh," Rowan laughed nervously. "Blake?"

"Oh please," she jerked out her siphon tube out from her overall pocket. "Calm down."

She had tampered with the fuel before leaving, giving them time to drive far enough but safe to the point where the lead truck would have to stop. Rowan laughed to himself, looking at the men scramble out of their trucks, heading for the lead truck.

They spoke Turkish, so the redhead didn't understand a single word that they were saying. Rowan only said that they needed to move the containers from the front truck into the other ones. Duke, on the other hand, was growling softly. With his hand on Duke's bandana, Rowan stared straight at the man Duke was growling at.

"Is that your Albert Reynolds," Rowan pointed. Blake focused on the man, to realize it was Jaime! Sitting still, she squinted, seeing the other men from the boat, the American, Irish and British man talking with Jaime. "Those are my men- well then."

"I'm wearing a stinkin' brown wig, wearing this. You're wearing a mustache, beard and glasses, how in the world are they going to recognize you?"

"I'm not worried about that," he muttered.

"Then?"

"Oh never mind, come on," Rowan opened the semi door, pushing Duke back inside. The dog would be the one giving them away so they had to take their chances. Blake tucked her hands into her pockets before making her way for the large congregation of men.

"Alright! Alright," Victor Wallace called out. "Move these trucks and go to the checkpoint! Several of you men, move what we have in this truck into the next three semi's. Go!"

"Get in the semi," Rowan turned his entire body against Blake.

"What? Why," she harshly replied.

"Do it," His green eyes stared into hers. Nodding at the seriousness he was displaying towards her, she agreed, making her way back to the semi with her dog. Rowan fixed his newsboy hat, walking with the other men to help them unload. Annoyed, Blake sat alone in the truck, watching them work. She could only guess the reason for his coldness was because he wanted to protect her, she did it for him, why wouldn't he do the same? Was he always this serious though? That's what she wanted to know.

Without a word spoken, Rowan hopped back into the Semi, putting it in drive, following the trucks ahead of him. Now they were going into the clutches of doom.

"Back it up," Wallace yelled. With nearly seven semi trucks being backed into a warehouse, that meant it was a lot of cargo. Blake did the math. If they were smuggling cars, per container about four cars could fit. If it was crates of gold -What Rowan was looking for- at the size they were, maybe about fifty-something crates.

Point was, that most of these semi's axles were not extremely lowered, so that meant it wasn't a lot of gold, if it even was gold. Unless it was distributed among the trucks.

"Okay, stack these up," Wallace ordered.

"You drive forklifts," Rowan whispered as they walked side by side. The dog wasn't very happy being left alone in the truck. Blake nodded, taking one of the forklifts, driving back for her cargo. Jaime was unloading the semi next to her's and he was going awfully quick. Out here, it wasn't visible inside the warehouse since the crates were moving on a conveyer belt.

With a tow truck in pulling Wallace's semi, Blake saw the back tires pressed down more than the others. Smirking, knowing she had hit the jackpot, she stopped the forklift.

"What are you doing," Rowan hissed.

"Gold," She leaned down. Rowan abruptly turned, seeing Wallace, Jaime and a couple other men making their way inside the warehouse itself. Thinking of a quick plan, Rowan told her to keep unloading. "What?"

"Stay here," he ordered. Blake didn't mind him ordering her around the last time, but one time was plenty. Angry at the man, she crossed her arms, sitting like a pouting five year old.

"Hey you! Get to work," One other man yelled.

"Fine," she snapped, continuing her unloading process.

Rowan, walked with his back pressed against the wall. He saw Jaime and Wallace unload this special package himself. Rowan had to see it before. Why would the one running this operation be in it himself? Instead of having others do the dirty work for him? Because there was something in there that was value to him!

"More Gold? I thought it was a one deal thing," Jaime asked.

"Did you take care of your end of the bargain," Wallace sneered.

"Oh. The redhead girl?"

"Yes. And the reporter?"

"About that. Uh, I didn't exactly get them- but don't worry. I have a plan."

"Plan?! You fool! They could be here for what we know!"

"They are," Jaime replied. "Ever since Albert Reynolds told me about the girl- I've been keeping a sharp look out-."

"Albert Reynolds is just one of the men who pays us to get the job done. Why would he be getting involved," Wallace snapped. Rowan cocked his head slightly to the right, just to hear better. Albert Reynolds was one of the ones running this operation then, besides Wallace. Why?

"They are here," Jaime exasperated. Wallace turned slowly, rubbing his knuckles, almost threatening the man. "In a good way."

"Good way?! GOOD WAY?! They know what we are doing here! Go- oh," Wallace stopped, with a slight embarrassed smile. He didn't get Jaime's plan until now. "Right. So how did you do it?"

"I knew the girl would follow me, I used her own judgement against herself," Jaime smiled at his own intelligence.

"For starters, why would she be following you?"

"He was suppose to pick up the suitcase from the woman," one other man replied. "The girl picked it up and noticed Jaime following her."

"She picked it up? So she knew?"

"No! She can't solve cryptograms," Jaime shook his head. "I know."

"You bugged her house," another man exclaimed.

"What other chance did I have?!"

"Albert was warning you about the English kid. Not her," Wallace reasoned.

"Albert personally talked to me about the girl when he found out she was looking for her missing car parts. He said that when ever there was trouble, she would be the first to stick her nose into it. Just like that reporter. Albert feared that both of them would meet," Jaime laughed nervously. "And I think they did."

"I- just because you are my cousin- I am not killing you right now. Get me those two right now. Bring them in," Wallace rubbed the bridge of his nose instead. Jaime nodded as he made his way back outside. Rowan needed to get both of them out of there, and out of there now!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 66 10
**WARNING** ~contains explicit content that may not be acceptable to all viewers. discretion advised~ conยทvaยทlesยทcence noun a period of rest; recove...
675 52 23
Book 1 of the ๐™พ๐™ฝ๐™ป๐šˆ series ๐—•๐—น๐—ฎ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฆ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐˜‡: The past is what made him change due to lies and uncertainty. He lost the only girl he care...
323K 9.7K 33
Weddings where never really your scene, you didn't enjoy socialising with people and small talk made you uncomfortable. But then something happened...
478 62 14
In his younger days, Kofy Richmond showed great interest in mysteries. He wasn't a genius or the son of a detective or anything. He just had a lot of...