La Douleur Exquis

By egirl165

Defined As: The feeling of loving someone you can never have. Red Carnation: My heart aches for you More

1
2
4
5: Intermission I
6
7

3

2 0 0
By egirl165

It wasn't long before the boys began to hassle you.

You were pretty and sweet and, as far as they knew, single.

They constantly flirted and pushed their ways into your personal space. You were uncomfortable, but polite in your rejection.

One was louder and pushier than most, though everyone recognized he didn't mean to be.

One day he went on and on about you. How you were definitely going to marry him.

I was frustrated by his noise and disruption, trying to focus on setting up a projector.

Finally, I snapped out:

"I have a better chance with her than you do!"

He fell silent, shocked by my insult. The rest laughed, unused to my bite.

I told you about it and you giggled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Hum For Tum By sushi

Teen Fiction

194K 14.6K 36
♡ This is an Indian highschool lovestory, full of love, drama, comedy, romance and more; where two school toppers, Aarohi: the sweet and bubbly girl...
Lucent By ads ❀

Teen Fiction

343K 7.8K 27
book 1 of the windows of the soul duology ✿ ✿ ✿ lucent: softly bright or radiant ✿ ✿ ✿ My brother's hand traces the cut on my right cheek for so...
MIRACLE By Ara

Teen Fiction

342K 12.4K 47
"My mother named me Miracle, but I am anything but a miracle in her and our family's life. I am a mistake. I am a product of a heinous crime." Miracl...
28.1K 1.6K 71
Grayson is one more teenager who announced trouble by mere looks, breaking every rule on his path with a home he dreaded returning to after school an...