Long way home. - Luke Hemmings

By somethinghecantsee

More

Long way home. - Luke Hemmings
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
I'm so sorry

Chapter 6

67 6 4
By somethinghecantsee

Sophia's P.O.V.

I let out a high pitched scream and clung on Luke's arm. "Haley?" I asked, releasing Luke whilst I turned the lights on.

"Took you long enough. I've been waiting here for an hour or so." Haley continued. "Anyway, I see you're busy so I'll come back later. Oh by the way, there's a nice surprise waiting on your bed." She winked.

"Oh no Haley. Not a box of condoms again." I whined.

"It isn't, I promise. Although it would've been a good idea, since you brought Luke home." She smirked.

"Shut up will ya?" I said jokingly.

"Okay okay. I'll leave. I'll call you later bye." She replied laughing while blowing us a kiss.

Once she was finally gone, I closed the door and sighed. "Sorry about that, she tends to get a bit strange." I said rubbing my arms.

"That's okay. She'd be perfect for Michael." Luke replied with a small smile.

"Yeah, I think they've already figured that out." I mumbled. "Do you want something to drink?" I quickly changed the subject. I walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge.

"Uhm. I don't mind, you decide." He said, scratching his neck awkwardly.

I grabbed to glasses and filled them with Coca Cola. After I handed him his glass, we had a full conversation on what makes Coca Cola better than Pepsi. We continued to chat whilst sitting on the couch in my living room.

"I'm going to take a shower, so I'll be right back." I said. Luke nodded and grabbed his phone, probably going on Twitter or something. I got up and walked up the stairs.

Once I was in my room, I saw a thick, white envelope sitting on my bed, waiting to be opened. I slowly walked over to it and examined the front. In the right top corner was the name of my school printed. I mentally scolded myself, since it was probably a letter for my parents about my previous behaviour in the hallway. I quickly opened it and quickly scanned the page, once I was done I let out an excited shriek. Probably a bit too loud as Luke bursted into my room a few seconds later, frantically looking around.

"What's- what's going on? Are you okay?" He asked out of breath.

"I just got my exams schedule! It's official Luke! I'm graduating early!" I exclaimed enthusiastically.

"What? That's amazing Sophia! Congrats!" He replied, pulling me in for a hug. I wrapped my arms tightly around his waist and rested my head on his chest, breathing in his scent.

"I have to call Nate! I hope his parents are still okay with it, they are a bit unsure about it, and they haven't agreed completely." I explained. Luke nodded and handed me my phone. "I'm sorry. I just have to call Nate and take a shower and then I'm all yours." I smiled. He returned the smile and looked around my room.

"Hey Soph! What's up?" Nate said picking up.

"Hey! Have you gotten a letter from school?" I asked, getting straight to the point. I quickly glanced over to Luke to see him looking at the photos that were placed on my dresser. I saw him faintly smiling at the one of my grandfather and I. I was around 3 years old and was sitting on my grandfather's shoulders, we were both grinning widely.

"Yeah.. About that.." He started, sounding not as happy as he normally does.

"What? What about it Nate?" I said confused.

"I'm so sorry but my parents want me to finish this year. They weren't sure at first, so I figured they were okay with it. That's what happens most of the time you know, but when I told them our plans they just lost it and called the principal and told them that they weren't going to allow me. I'm so sorry." He explained.

"What- what do you mean you're not graduating with us? Nate, we've been planning this since we were ten! It has been our dream for the past six years! Your parents can't just take that away from you!" I said, my voice cracking. Luke turned around and looked at me with worried eyes. He slowly walked over to me and put his hand on my back, rubbing it softly. I could already feel the tears brimming behind my eyes.

"I'm so sorry Sophia, but their minds can't be changed. You know how they are. But, you and Haley are still going road tripping through Europe and North America! And you're going to have twice as much fun! You're going to have all the fun for me! Don't change your plans just because a stupid loser like me can't come, okay? You're not going to cry over this, it'll all be okay. You're not leaving me forever!" Nate said in his stern grown up voice.

"Okay. This sucks you know. We have been planning this since we were ten! We're going to miss you so much." I said, a few tears escaping from my eyes.

"It'll all be okay. You and Haley are going to be fine. I'm sorry, but I have to leave. My mum keeps calling me for dinner. I'll call you later okay?" He said reassuringly.

I nodded, and when I realised he couldn't see or hear me nodding I said okay and we hung up. I wiped my eyes, which only caused more tears to escape from my eyes.

"Hey. Hey Sophia, don't cry okay? What's wrong?" Luke asked worryingly. I started to explain everything to him, from the plans we made when we were ten, to the phone call that just took place. When I finished, Luke said nothing for a few seconds but then he finally spoke.

"It really does suck, but I don't think that Nate would be very happy knowing that you're sitting here crying. I think that he wants you two to have as much fun as you could possibly have, he doesn't want you to give all of that up just because he can't come. You'll still have Haley." He said, looking into my eyes.

I nodded. "Yeah yeah, you're right. I should enjoy it as much as I can. He wouldn't be happy if I didn't." I agreed. "Thanks for being here." I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. It's weird, we've only met today and I've already told him more than I did with Dylan. The only thing we did was make out, which was fun, but sometimes you just need a person to talk about things like this.

"I need to take a shower. I smell like sweat." I laughed as I broke from the hug. Luke just laughed and I grabbed some clothes before heading over to the bathroom and taking a shower.

Once I was finished, I walked back into my room to find Luke lying on my bed like a starfish. I quietly walked over to him before I jumped on top of him and sat on his back. Earning a groan from him.

"Hi." I whispered in his ear whilst leaning down.

"Hi there." He said, the words muffled by my pillow. "Can you please get off?" He asked when I didn't move for a few seconds.

"Nah. I'm good sitting just like this." I said, wiggling a bit when I spoke the last words. He groaned again and quickly flipped over, causing me to fall off of him and onto the floor. I bursted into a fit of laughter as Luke face appeared from the side of my bed.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry, are you okay?" He said looking down at me.

"I'm okay." I said inbetween fits of laughter. After I said that he laughed with me and extended his hand for me to take. I took it and he pulled me onto my bed again. Once our laughter died down we just lied next to each other until he opened his mouth to speak.

"So what are we going to do?" He asked, rolling over on his side so that he could see me.

"Remember when you said you'd teach me how to play the guitar?" I asked, looking back at him. He grinned and then nodded. "I think my brother has a guitar in his room, I'll go check." I said before I got up and walked towards Dan's room. I saw a black coloured acoustic guitar standing in a corner, I quickly grabbed it and walked back into my room. "Tada!" I said as I held the guitar up.

---

I'm sorry this was so short. But it's almost 2 am here and it took me forever to write this. Please comment and vote, it really means a lot! I hope you enjoy it x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 3K 33
luke hemmings fanfic
969 26 16
648K 21.3K 31
"who the fuck is a 5 seconds of summer?"
363K 5.3K 45
endless preferences from tumblr