The House with a clock in its...

By Any-rachel

A new threat, expect the protagonists. Florence, Jonathan and Lewis are finally a family, but something could... More

The Black and Purple swans
Danger
nothing is the same
Bad dreams
Fallen

Love Actually

491 15 6
By Any-rachel

Florence was sleeping on Jonathan's study couch, when some noise woke her.

She did not immediately remember why she had not come home, and what the heck did she lie on the sofa; then slowly she focused on the memories.

She had stayed with the sorcerer that night. They had talked, not a lot, but certainly had shared a moment of pure sincerity and intimacy.

Nothing sinful or indescribable.

After waking up completely, she looks around, and notices that asleep with her head resting on the desk, there was Jonathan.

She smiled sweetly, shaking her head, and approaching him with a plush step.

Jonathan was snoring with the half-open pouch, and occasionally mumbled a few words in his sleep.

It was a fun scene to see him at that moment, so helpless just like a child.

Florence passed her hand through the man's hair, pointing to a small smile on her lips.

Then approaching him, she kissed him on the forehead, without him noticing, then retreat and bite her lower lip.

She had never felt so close to anyone, and after the death of her husband and daughter, it had been difficult for her to create new bonds.

And yet, not even the war had succeeded in destroying in her, that desire to love and start again: and thanks to Jonathan, she had managed to put aside some of her terrible fears, and she had begun to smile again.

How?

the first time thanks to a game of Poker. A simple game, where the sorcerer had left her win, unexpectedly.

He had shown her some tricks and what he could do with the cards.

And she was so intrigued that she could not take her eyes off him. She felt almost fascinated by him,not for the physical appearance, but for the way he treated it. Besides those nicknames that were exchanged grotesquely, there was something more profound.

He wanted his happiness, he loved her and wanted to help her start over.

And she allowed it.

The second time, it was when he invited her into the garden to get a tasty hot chocolate together. She had presented herself punctually to her door, and he had led her to his beautiful fairy garden. He had presented her boxwood lion, and showed her the whole universe through the magic fountain.

Finally he had played for her a strange, very bad melody to listen to. the notes were so strident that she begged him to stop.

There was a second of general silence, and then a sweet smile appeared on her lips, and she thanked him for inviting her that evening.

In reality Florence still did not know that soon, it would become their habit, take a hot chocolate in the garden, at the most bizarre hours of the night.

But she liked all this. She liked him to keep her in mind, to keep her company. That he should treat her exactly to his peers, without hiding anything from her.

He was crazy, sometimes silly, but he was sincere and was the only person she could really count on.
The woman puts her hand on the man's shoulder, trying to wake him gently.

-Jonathan ...?

She did not get an answer, so this time she decided to encourage him with a little more vigor.He then smashed something before yawning and moving his head slowly.

-Florence ... not now

She shook her head, moving closer to him and then passing her hand through her hair as she had done the night before.

- Wake up! ... soon we have to bring Lewis to school ... and then we have to take care of the garden ... and ...

She does not even finished speaking when he interrupted annoyed

-all right! All right!

He sighed, raising his eyes to the sky and then slowly getting up from the chair and moving the table a few inches away.

-I will not ask you why you are already here ...-In fact I did not come home to sleep tonight

She answered hastily, noticing how the man had barely stood up sleepily.He stood looking at her with a slightly confused air, before heading in the direction of the woman.

- I start to have a slight languor in the stomach ..

She sighed, nodding shortly after the magician's affirmation.

- Soon I'm going to the kitchen so I prepare breakfast for Lewis

- Only for him?

Asked Jonathan with a sly look, trying to study the woman's strange behavior more deeply, and expecting a reaction from her.

- I would say you're big enough to cook something yourself, Mr. Big Head.

The woman answered quickly enough, making a small grimace, and then smiling at him.

- The silver-haired lady this morning does not want to be a housewife and cook cookies?

Jonathan decided to play along, and still pander once the lines of women, often as was their custom, when they made fun of each other.

Florence, on the other hand, understanding the intentions of the magician, always answered in tone, but joking.

- I only cook to the people who show me kindness, baboons head ...

She answered proudly, running a hand through her hair, even if in a disorderly way, in her bun.

- the angry cat spoke
-Stroke yourself with those cookies ..
-You always say, and it never happens ...
-Until now!

This last answer made the magician smile and approached Florence, placing his hand on her shoulder and looking at her affectionately.

- I do not think you'd ever be able to let me die like that .. purple witch

He whispered those last words, aware that the woman had turned in his direction and now the two faces were a very short distance from each other. Just like it happened the night before ..

- Try me then ...

the woman answered, noticing how her nose had come into contact with the man's cheek in front of herself.

-It would not be a thing for you. You are not like that Florence ... The woman I know would never put me in danger, but would rather face it for me. Just as I would do the same for you.

She stood looking into his eyes, noticing again, how he could be deep and introspective at times. Even if she did not like to agree with him, she still had to admit that he was right.He knew her better than she knew herself.Florence did not respond to his words but merely looked at him with a shy smile, while her cheeks were bright red that contrasted with her alabaster skin.The two still looked at each other, until Jonathan realized he was so few inches from her lips that it would take so little to kiss and taste his lips at least once.It had never been one of his first thoughts, even if sometimes, he found himself imagining what it would be like to kiss her. Approaching her in a more intimate and not always so friendly and playful way.She was tall, skinny and a few years older than him. But this had never been such an important problem in reality.After the grief, and the pain, he had managed to make her smile, and make her return at least in part with the spirit of a young girl, although she was no longer physically at least.

He had no idea how Florence would have responded to this action. But certainly if he had not tried, he would never have known.

- do not you answer Florence?

he asked as if to make the woman to do or say something. It would have sufficed only a jolt to bring their lips, perhaps unexpectedly even for a minute.

The look of the witch passed from the small but intense eyes of the sorcerer, to his thick beard that surrounded the thin lips.

She swallowed as soon as she did not even know how to handle the situation.

And just as he seemed to have taken the initiative, with the sole intention of finally capturing the lips of the purple witch, a childish voice that came from the upper floor, distracted both, bringing them back to reality.

- Uncle Jonathan! Mrs. Zimmermann !?

Florence closed her eyes, taking a light sigh, while Jonathan shook his head, slowly walked away from the woman, looking for her gaze

-I think it's better to go now ... Lewis .. he needs us ..

the sorcerer murmured, putting his hand on the woman's shoulder.

- Better to go ...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 2.7K 34
Izuku Midoriya, neglected and bullied due to his lack of a quirk, endured abuse from his family and friends, especially his twin sister Izumi and Kat...
415K 35.6K 98
Sequel to my MHA fanfiction: •.°NORMAL°.• (So go read that one first)
2.7M 68.5K 125
Imagines and Oneshots from the Harry Potter Universe ✧₊⁺ Draco Malfoy, Mattheo Riddle, Theodore Nott, Lorenzo Berkshire, Pansy Parkinson, Tom Riddle...
2.1M 58.5K 96
On the twelfth hour of October 1st, 1989, 43 women gave birth. It was unusual as none of them had been pregnant since the first day they started. Sir...