Angel Wings

By PollyJackson

In a terrible accident, Lauren Miller's beloved horse DiCaprio was killed, leaving her confused and hospitali... More

Angel Wings Prologue
Angel Wings Chapter 1: Awake
Angel Wings Chapter 2: Nightmares
Angel Wings Chapter 3: Catch 22
Angel Wings Chapter 4: Dreamer
Angel Wings Chapter 6: At A Liberty
Angel Wings Chapter 7: Secrets
Angel Wings Chapter 8: Unbroken

Angel Wings Chapter 5: Long Road Ahead

64 2 1
By PollyJackson

Angel Wings Chapter 5: Long Road Ahead

Lauren put the finishing touches to Sonador's stable, then led the chestnut in. She snorted and shook her head vigorously, not liking to be in such a cramped space. Lauren couldn't blame her; she'd obviously been through quite an ordeal. She picked up a dusty brush that was resting on the door, and approached Sonador softly. The mare eyed her warily, nostrils flared and ears pricked up. She sniffed at the brush but seemed to decided it wasn't a threat and turned her attention away from it. Gina came in carrying a half full bucket of soaked hay.

'Don't want to feed her too much to start with. It's a slow process, and you have to be careful,' she nodded towards Sonador, who cautiously bumped her nose against the bucket. She nosed the hay suspiciously, then started to wolf it down.

'They did say she was backed, right?' Mac poked his nose over the door. 'She doesn't look as if she is.'

'Well, apparently she is...' Lauren wrinkled her nose. That was something they'd have to find out. But not before a vet had come to see her, and she'd gained a lot better condition- and they had to be sure she was going to survive first. She swallowed down a lump in her throat; she didn't want to think of that.

'Shes generally okay,' the vet ran his hands along Sonador's bony rump. 'She needs feeding up, and a good deal of grooming. You'll need to spend a lot of time with her in order to gain her trust.' He looked pointedly at Lauren, who nodded firmly. 'She should be good to ride in I'd say... Three to four weeks? She's actually not too thin. It's just her internal health I'm worried about. But the blood results will be back to is in a few days or so.'

Lauren grinned; they'd almost gotten the all clear! So hopefully within a month she could be riding Sonador... She could hardly imagine spending time with a horse again, let alone riding one! She patted her horse's neck, forgetting it wasn't DiCaprio. The chestnut spooked at her touch, and almost ran into the vet. Lauren sighed; there was a long road ahead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.1K 1.6K 23
"How will you ever be able... To face the world again?" From within the depths of Megumi's soul, Sukuna had spoken that question. Could he truly keep...
68.7K 3.7K 59
"You were magnificent, Satoru Gojo. I will never forget you for as long as I live." Satoru Gojo laid there, bisected in half, as if the universe itse...
645K 16.2K 48
Est.2020
191K 6.9K 45
Salvatore Smith meets a woman with whom he shared few nights after loosing his wife. It was 12 years ago, she was way younger than him, from a diffe...