Before the Epilogue

By ssimpson16

Addition to Mockingjay *these characters and settings are not mine they belong to Suzanne Collins!* More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 19

315 14 2
By ssimpson16

I stand in the wing waiting for Caesar to introduce me.

The guards behind me are talking quietly but I can't hear.

Caesar is trying to quite down the crowd but there are too many people and whatever it is they're talking about... it must be really interesting.

Caesar turns his head and sees me standing in the wing. He puts his hand to his ear and a confused look crosses over his face. Caesar waves at the guards.

I turn around and see that the guards have their hand pressed to their ear and they both have a confused look on their face.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Go get him!" the skinny guard demands the fat guard.

The fat guard scurries off.

"Go get who?" I ask.

Silence.

"Go get who!?!" I shout.

The fat guard comes running back up the stairs panting.

"Where is he!" The skinny guard shouts at the fat guard.

"He won't come," the fat guard says out of breath.

"What do you mean he won't come?!?!"

"He's sitting in the corner and pounding the floor."

"Were his eyes still black?"

"Yes... they looked lifeless."

"Who else is down there?"

"Haymitch, Johanna, Enobaria, Beetee, Gale, Effie, and a few other people who I don't the names of."

Before I know it, I'm spring down the stairs and making my way towards Peeta.

"Don't come by me!" Peeta demands.

I stop dead in my tracks.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195M 4.6M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
29.2M 923K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
16.4M 547K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...
15.4M 469K 32
"We can't do this." I whisper as our lips re-connect, a tingling fire surging through my body as his hands ravage unexplored lands; my innocence di...