The Manager's Diary

By AnnBurgundy

I'm a Manager. I have a love-hate relationship with my job.. and with people in general. This book is for the... More

Part 1

4 0 0
By AnnBurgundy

Dear Diary,

I just got promoted today! I'm the new Operations Manager of my company's Finance Division. We had a celebratory dinner at the restaurant right across our office. Most people in my existing team were so elated, some of my closest co-workers gave me gifts and even bought me a cake. They're so kind. Some who were not really kind to me before became extra-nice to me today. I didn't mind and I still don't like those people, but I'm simply happy and elated today, I don't think I'd be able to sleep.

==============================================================================

Dear Diary,

Today was my first day as a manager, and it wasn't as exciting as I expected it to be. I went to meetings all day that I barely had the time to meet my new team. Most of those meetings could have been replaced with just a summary email, but being new to this department, I couldn't demand people to cancel meetings I don't want to go to, particularly the ones that run for 2 straight hours discussing so many issues with no clear resolution in the end. It's a damn waste of time but unfortunately, other managers seemed to enjoy going to those meetings.

==============================================================================

Dear Diary,

I finally got to meet my new team today. They were so quiet. I felt like they're walking on eggshells around me. I mean I know how the boss-employee relationships are in this company - we mostly have power-tripping, manipulating, egomaniac managers. I don't want to be one of them. I don't want my team to follow my orders out of fear. All I want is mutual respect and a harmonious relationship with these guys. I'm not sure I could achieve that. I hope I could achieve that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 897 26
"Bredda yuh deaf say mi and yuh done" I said as I walked out of the bathroom "We nuh left until mi say suh" He said following behind me "Who author...
5.3M 46.4K 57
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
17.3K 910 11
ထွဋ်ဧရာဝတီဆိုတဲ့မိန်းကလေးဟာ ငယ်စဥ်ကတည်းက မိခင်ရဲ့စွန့်ပစ်မှုကို ခံခဲ့ရပါတယ်။ ဖခင်ဖြစ်သူရဲ့အဖေက သူ့ရဲ့တစ်ဦးတည်းသော မြေးလေးကို ထိုအချက်တစ်ခုကြောင့်နဲ့...
82.5K 3.5K 80
❤️