Unfortunate Events

By MissDKennedy

Jack and Jackie are in Dallas for an unofficial start to Jack's re-election campaign. However a series of unb... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Author's Note

Chapter Twenty-One

510 8 0
By MissDKennedy

Cross Hall

Bobby headed upstairs. He saw James West, the chief usher standing closing the doors to the East Room. 

"Attorney General?" James was stunned. "Please call me Mr Kennedy" Bobby corrected him, his eyes baggy and red. James nodded. Mr West then stepped out the way as Bobby pushed open the doors and closed them behind him. 

He stood in silence, isloated in front of the identical coffins; both draped with an American flag. He stepped forward. He stood on the podium holding up Jack's coffin. Folding back the flag, he opened the coffin. He couldn't see his brother's face. 

They had wrapped his head in a sheet, so the wound wouldn't be visible. Bobby reached into his pocket. He pulled out a pair of scissors and took a snip of his brother's hair. He took four cuts before sliding them into an envelope. It was the same with Jackie. Afterwards, he finally sealed the coffins. 

"I have asked Tiffanys to make two lockets" Bobby sobbed, popping the envelope into his pocket. "They're for Caroline and John. I'll put the locks of hair securly in them. I'll have them sealed so the hair doesn't fall out" Bobby explained his idea. 

He paused. The silence eventually became too much and he spoke again. "I've uh.." He started. "Arranged for the gravesite to be closed for several days while it is decorated formally" Bobby explained. He promised it will look Presidential, nothing less. Before closing the door, he said: "Goobye, my family". 

The usher shut the door before Bobby walked along to his brother's portrait outside the Red Room. He was so thankful they were painted before they were shot. He leaned forward and kissed it. His brother looked so angelic, in one portrait. "I promise you'll never disappear. You'll always be remembered. You'll always be my brother". 

Bobby stroked the frame, before kissing it one last time. He then left, with hair in his pocket, for his home. Dreading the fact that the funeral would be tomorrow. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.1K 4.1K 89
Nihira, a modern girl, is mysteriously transported to the era of the Mahabharata. At Dronacharya's ashram, she falls for the fierce Ashwatthama. Howe...
2.5M 404K 67
Everything changed the day the King ordered me to seduce his son and bring him back to the Kingdom. He was my best friend. As per the order of things...
14.2K 983 58
What if Karna is the most powerful ruler of the world? What if he is son of king of Ayodhya? What if his love story has a beautiful ending? What if M...
Baveen By جيمي

Historical Fiction

25.4K 3.5K 19
__ ايتها الفتاة المنسيه التي لا يعلم عنها احد ، هذه البلاد تسير بالقانون لا بالاستثنائات __ مكانكَ هذا محرم عليه دخول الاناث وانا هنا ، الا يعد هذا...