she's mine.

By mslelaina

"You think I care about Kameron?" he growled. I looked down- away from his hard eyes. "I just don't know," I... More

Greetings Friends
CHARACTERS
soul food
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98

33

8.8K 263 77
By mslelaina

Eli's POV ((:

"Why'd you do that!?" Jake's voice cut through the thrum in my ears.

"Do what?" i snapped.

He stared at me. "Why do you have to be such a tool? You treat everyone like crap. You know she didn't deserve that."

I knew he was right. I knew she didn't, but she should know better than try to embarrass me. She should know better than try to hurt me. She did by the way. That hurt like hell.

For her to act like there was nothing between us? Really? There's no way she could deny the chemistry. I can feel it. I can feel it in the way she moves. I can feel her body relax when I am near, I can feel her melt when I touch her. I knew she felt the same burning fire I felt when I kissed her.

And for her to deny that? Who did she think was?

She could ruin me.

I knew she could because all those same things happened to me, if not more so.

Man she drove me crazy.

The good kind. The kind that makes you reconsider your hatred for the world, makes you contemplate what you're doing for the rest of your life.

I hated it. I hated that she had this hold on me.

I have never been publicly affectionate or nice to a girl until today. Look where that got me. I hated feeling weak.

"She should know better than to think I actually care about what ever she thought was going on." I leaned back against the bar crossing my arms to emphasize the fact that I didn't care.

"Bull." He called me out on my lie. "We all know you care- YOU know you care. Stop acting like a dipsh-"

I moved so fast he didn't have time to react when I balled his shirt in my fist. "Don't think you get to talk to me that way." I warned him in my tone that had daggers in itself.

Just then I felt another pair of hands on my shoulder and a familiar voice. Good thing he spoke or I would've come whirling at him too.

"Eli," Levi cut in. "Not in here," I turned to him with a glare. "Take it outside at least," he backed tracked- knowing better than to tell me not to cause a scene.

I threw Jake one last glare before shoving him back, "Get out of my face."

I stormed out of the diner knowing very well we had all just caused a scene.

Fine, I had caused most of it.

BUT Raina and Jonny started all of it.

Whatever.

I walked out to the night and headed for my car. I didn't bring any drinks since I was driving, but now I wish I would've. Maybe Levi would have some.

I headed for his truck.

I wasn't thinking or paying attention, so when I opened the door to see Raina in the passenger seat I cursed under my breath.

She looked up at me with sad red eyes. That was the only way you could tell she had cried, otherwise her face looked as beautiful as ever. It killed me to see her vibrant blue eyes turn gray, and it killed me even more to know I had caused it.

What was wrong with me?

She looked just as surprised as I felt as she looked up at me. She looked so small sitting there with her shoulders falling in and her hands in her lap. Not like the same girl I had brought here who was confident and blissful.

I stared down at the girl I had broken.

She opened her mouth, and i expected her to chew me out for being a complete pig.

"I'm sorry," she said in a low voice. She glanced up at me before averting her eyes. Are you kidding me, all I want in this world is for her to look at me with those blue eyes.

What?

She moved to get out of the car, "I- I didn't mean-" I stopped her.

"No, I shouldn't have been a.. butt hole," I got the slight smile from her as she stood to face me. THANK MITHER FREAKING GOODNESS. I would've had to pick another fight just to let my anger out with myself if I couldn't get something out of her. "I just say things sometimes.." I wasn't good at sharing my feeling, so I was glad when she cut in.

"No, it's okay," she put a hand up to stop me. "I'm sorry I acted like this was nothing. It's just, Jonny is my only family right now," I knew that already. Her mom never seemed to be around. She never talked about her good or bad so I figured it was just one of those things. "I can't lose him, and I do understand where he's coming from. Us," she gestured between the two of us. "Being together, bringing both of our heinous worlds colliding together," she said in a low voice. I knew she meant my history with Rock's gang and her father's ex employers, which I mean.. Yeah she might have a point. Whatever. I don't give two flying birds what they want. I know what I want.

"It would only cause more problems for those around us." Her eyes lightened up to a soft blue, no longer grey, but not quite their vibrant sapphire yet. Her messy hair dangled beside her cheeks and I wanted so badly to push it behind her ear, to tell her it would be okay, that I would protect her.

But what a joke was I? I couldn't even protect her at my own party. I hated that. I hated myself for not being able to protect her or my own family ever.

I knew she was right. Everything in my wishes she wasn't, everything in me wanted to tell her to fly the world the bird and just be with me, but I couldn't. I couldn't rip her away from her brother, I couldn't put her through another weekend like this, I couldn't let her pay my debts. I couldn't hurt her anymore.

"Okay," I breathed, trying not to show the battle I was having in my own head.

"Okay," I repeated as I ran my fingers through my hair, doing a bang up job not showing my emotions right ?

"I will leave you alone," she looked away and i couldn't tell if it was from disappointment or relief. I hope the former. "But not until after this week. I have to make sure you get through this week, but after that I will stay as far away as your brother deems fit."

I watched her chew on her lip as she thought it over. Man those lips-

stop.

"I will strictly be your body guard," I decided. I needed something- anything to keep her close to me. "Tell your brother you friend zoned me if you want," barf. The day I get friend zoned is the day I let Jake mouth off to me.

She let out a light laugh as she looked up at me. "Just friends?" she held out her hand for me to shake it. I rolled my eyes before taking it.

"If anyone says anything about this, I will beat there teeth in." I threatened. "So watch who you tell."

"Yeah, yeah," she smiled first the first time since i'd come out here. "How does it feel Mr. Eli Jones? How do you like the friend zone?" she teased pushing my shoulder as we fell into step walking back.

"Keep your voice down! I have a reputation to uphold," I shot back.

Her eyes instantly went back to the grey.

"Yeah, so i've heard." She looked away, back toward the diner. "Sorry I wouldn't know what that's like."

"Rai I didn't mean-"

"Rai!" Lea's voice cut through my weak apology as she came running over. "Are you okay?" she asked as she threw a glee in my direction. Traitor.

"Yeah i'm okay," Rai said softly. "Is Jonny? Where is he? I should talk to him."

Lea glanced around, "He's in his car, you should go over there. He wanted to talk to you, too."

Rai didn't say anything, just gave us both a small nod before striding over to Jon's pickup.

I watched her watch away with my hands in my pockets.

"So," Lea cut into my thoughts about how much I loved to watch Rai walk away.

"What did you do to make everyone hate you again?"

I let out a sigh. I was too tired to be angry.

"Same way I do it every time, by acting like I don't care even when I do." I admitted.

This must have thrown my baby sister off because she just stared at me. "Let's go," I grunted. "I'm still starving and i'd I don't eat soon this night will get much worse."

She nodded as she followed me back in to meet everyone back inside.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 4.4K 42
She knew his identity. He didn't know hers. She just wanted to have him around. He didn't. She knew they could not be together. He didn't. She didn't...
2.8M 58.6K 50
[BOOK 1] [NOT EDITED] ❝if you were to describe me in one word, what would it be?❞ she had the perfect life, with ideal parents, loving family however...
52.2K 2.3K 102
[COMPLETELY EDITED AND FINISHED] What happens when you fall in love with your enemy? Well you do know what happens, your family abandons you and all...
196K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...