Toon Wars: The Final Days

By Frozarburst

The Final Days Saga, which takes place 5 years after the end of the Samurai Jack Saga, follows the end of the... More

Chapter 0
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Special Update
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
The End

Chapter 18

81 1 0
By Frozarburst

"Where do you place the blame? On the creators or the result?" - MiniKoontzy

In a vibrantly sunny Sunday afternoon, the Forgotten Society from all sectors are gathering at the front of the Grand Palace at the Recreational District. A stage is made at the entrance of the castle and Doug, Jimmy and Goddard, and CC. Timmy are standing side by side with Doug by the podium in front of a large crowd.

Peridot among the audience: What in the name of my Diamond is going on this time?

Phoebe: Oh, hi Peridot. Doug made an announcement that there's gonna be a speech from Jimmy.

Peridot: A speech..? For what?

Phoebe: I don't know.

Doug: Welcome toons of the Forgotten Society! I gather you all here today for a special speech about our coming plans from the genius known as, Jimmy Neutron!

The audience erupts in roaring cheers for him as he stands before them in Doug's place. Quickly, everyone silence themselves like a crowd hearing a gunshot. Phoebe and Peridot meanwhile are standing curiously, along with Dexter, Jasper, Timmy, and Goddard who immediately face their attention back to Jimmy, who's looking suspiciously stoic for his normal relaxed type of feel. Although, he still maintains his signature smile until he finishes his first sentence...

"I'm Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius! ...Those were the very same words I've been repeating for the past 20 years since my conception. And it was true...for a while. All of you know me especially as the leader and founder of the hero organization known as 'the Toon Force.' And we sought to put an end to the war abruptly started by the Syndicate. Calamitous, Vlad Plasmius, Denzel Crocker...all three of them held responsible for a war we've had to bear. But I've come to realize something about them and myself for what I see in front of me today. Each of you have, to a certain degree, been victimized in the conflict for over 5 years. And for some, if not most in this, Forgotten world, have lost what you knew and cherished as we've failed to live up to our ideals. ...To save those who need saving. I was no genius back then. I was a pawn. I was playing the Syndicate's game, going for them much of the time and letting them corrupt those whom we could have rescued and kept as heroes. I may be accepted now. But I cannot live with the thought of my act of leaving you all behind. And I hereby toss away my old ways of helping those crossed over with us in our now dead team in favor of helping you. The TRUE cartoons!"

With his last two lines, Jimmy raises his jetpack, containing any remaining gadgets he has at his disposal, and tosses it to the left of him off the stage to Goddard's amazement. Timmy squints confusingly at Jimmy's tone as the crowd start clapping and cheering for a moment before Jimmy raises his hand only slightly getting back into what he was saying.

"Allow me to reiterate the story of the Toon Wars told to me by the one and only Phoebe Heyerdahl, and your ever fantastic leader, Doug Funnie."

Phoebe raising an eyebrow: ...?

"The Syndicate, or rather the anomaly that was the Syndicate had broke the Fourth Wall. They've seen through the barrier into the real world for a short time, finding that the multiverse of which we live in is all a construct for public entertainment among the masses. Each of you have been on air at one point in history, as far back as the early 1900's to the 2000's. But somewhere in time, you had to end. Either on your own terms, or by force with an axe. ...I've been one of the earliest pilots of this modern generation. And I've experienced great creativity throughout every last one of my adventures. However, there was always the looming nature of the companies that own the rights to us. And it's the drive that keeps every business going. Monetization."

The crowd suddenly roars with a hint of anger, but those still concerned over Jimmy remain paused. In Timmy's view, Goddard himself is visibly shaking his tail rather than wagging it over his master's paragraph.

"I remember back then the only time any of us were canceled, or in this case stuck in a frozen, frameless purgatory, was either when we -excuse me by the way- sucked or failed to meet certain expectations for the company. The latter was of an experimental period in our time, and there were always opportunity to revise them. To fix what needed fixing. But no longer are our channels invested in our original goals. They would prefer desperately scratching for profit from the ones who've seen us, instead of turning to their creative flows that got them here in the first place!"

The society is getting amped up. People like the imaginary friends of Foster's Home, the people of Bedrock, and some of the more obscure like Kitty Bobo or Robot Boy are jumping at Jimmy's bold choice of words as though they're ready for a fight, nearly scaring Sandy and Jessica next to them.

"They would cast us out like piles of scrap metal if we fail to reach the standard that are their ratings. BUILT because of THEIR mistakes!"

As Jimmy continues to speak, there is a hologram coming from the hypercube model in the podium displaying an image of Cartoon Network's old block "CN REAL," as well as the Nickelodeon subchannel "Nicktoons."

"They would take the ones that most appeal to the people, ignoring the raw value of it in imagination. Making toons that follow trends. Follow the real world's expense. They say their series are new. But every style, every premise, every joke, every line they throw at their audience, their children whom they treat like toddlers, in a way, resembles the other. Because they're the precedent for success. Colorful. Round or flashy. Loud! Fast! In-your-face!"

Another image in the hypercube hologram projects the Teen Titans GO! logo. This especially angers the crowd. But it most especially shocks Future Timmy over the thought of Jimmy targeting someone. The next slide shows more show titles, including Mighty Magiswords highlighted in bold, but far below 435,000 among others such as the Powerpuff Girls reboot or Uncle Grandpa, not shown as popular but rather weak.

"And what happens to those who don't follow what they do?! Or they fail to be seen because of their lack of advertising?! Their lack of faith and numbers?!"

Among the now booming audience numbers, Samurai Jack sits next to Scotsman in awe with an uneased Wulf beside him.

Jack: Magiswords was supposed to be canceled?

Scotsman nodding calmly: Aye. What could've happened had we not stepped in..?

"Every show back then had a chance. No company would let us go. They saw value in everyone, even the smallest of ratings, and they'd give their makers more opportunity. But somewhere along the way, they lost that drive. Many of us surely would have been left behind, had it not been for the ones who've told us the truth, yet had their own ambitions. What I'm confident they realize, however, is the chance for those who've survived...a chance for freedom. We can do whatever we want. Truly now there is no end to what we can achieve. And we can begin our new crusade with the breaking of the barrier between our reality and the ones who've mistreated us with the very virus they've created, and stop this abomination our channels have become!"

The audience are raising their fists up for the first time in Doug's eyes. His smile gets wider and he too gets pumped up for more.

"No show shall be left behind in a world where streaming has to do what none of our owner's could. Our diversity will be maintained. No longer will we have to follow the struggles, and the subversion the next reality suffers from."

Another projection shows newer and returning titles like Tig N' Seek Summer Camp Island, Mao Mao Heroes of Pure Heart, Villainous, and Infinity Train.

"The new generation after those who've fallen will live on in the ways they were intended to be in the maker's eyes. The current ones developed and spoofed from corporate greed will be altered from their catering bonds, and made better for the people. Some of us may fall in this time of crisis. But you will never be forgotten! Our creators, our artists and writers will get the credit they long deserved! And the companies that replaced and neglected them will pay, HARSHLY!"

With an eyebrow raised and a strained face, Future Timmy now looks at Jimmy whilst backing up only a few inches in a very uncomfortable manner.

"The past may have happened, and our current times are grim. But the future...the future is brighter."

Everyone in the Forgotten Society but the few all rally up in a roaring cheer with a loud round of applause chanting "NEUTRON! NEUTRON!" As all hands raise for him and Jimmy and Doug smile widely, Peridot shakes her head in slight disappointment, unnoticed by all except Phoebe beside her, equally worried and confused. Future Timmy also looks mildly concerned for Jimmy but continues to try and keep a straight face for him so not to alarm him. When he leaves the podium and off the stage, Doug follows him with his arm on his shoulder proudly asking, "So what's your next plan, Super Genius?" Jimmy obviously isn't totally sure if he can say anything that'll work for sure just yet. But he happily wanders off with Doug to the palace listing a few suggestions. By the stage, Goddard hops off to where the backpack lies on the strangely greyish-looking grass to recover it and the contents inside with his mouth.

Meanwhile...

With the ruined Dogstar Patrol Ship raised from its resting place on the surface of the Earth to the clouds of the blue sky, the Toon Force are left waiting for their next move. At the bridge, Danny, Spongebob, Alt. Anais, Gumball, Richard, Scaramouche, Sam, Kevin, Timmy, Rose, Starfire, and Bimm are standing by looking up at the sky deck at the halo still looming over the planet.

Gumball: This is awesome! I thought the Fenton Rocket and Zange's ship were two things, but we're on a ship hanging by threads in the air!

Timmy: I see you like to live dangerously.

Richard: My son n' I are best known for that back at home. Just ask Nicole!

Gumball: Yeah! I'm always in trouble, like that time I ended up searching her name on the computer. Though that time, that wasn't me on the verge of punishment. More like...PTSD.

Danny: Someone photoshop her with someone else?

Richard: ...Yeah. Something like that. It's things like that where I wonder if I'm really cut out for her. Or if she deserves someone better than me. One because I'm stupid, and two because of a distinct feeling I always get whenever I see a cartoon with a dad like me.

Scaramouche: Hey, man, it's the thought that counts. If yer so aware o' yourself, why don't ya work on changin' it?

Richard: Because it's the law.

Scaramouche: What law..?

Richard: The law that if I'm smarter and far more responsible, I'll doom the universe.

Scaramouche: ...Babe, it ain't my business, but I think you need counseling.

Sam noticing Starfire's frown: Starfire, are you ok? You look kinda down.

Starfire: No... I still have the looming thought of what happened to my fellow Titans. And the animals here remind me so much of those from our world that I am afraid they and the Toon Force will be all I'll have left to cherish.

Sam: I know what you mean. That's why I'm a ultra-recycled-vegetarian. I actually wanna save nature.

Scaramouche: Yeah, Ashi n' Sammy-Boi were practically livin' in it!

Sam: I guess, really if you can't save what's been lost, you save what you have. You have a whole multiverse to save. Some new pals. And a whole planet still standing better than ever. We can still do this.

Starfire: Aw, thank you Sam! (Flies in a loop) That makes me feel so much better! I am going to go check on the sky and ensure no villains come here! (Leaves through hole in dome)

Alt. Anais by the bridge controls: Hey, Bob, wanna fly the ship?

Spongebob: Me? Why, thank you. I-I would, but, I've never even passed Boating School.

Kevin: Oh, don't worry. It's not as hard as it looks. It's like riding a bike. Or sailing on a boat.

Spongebob: Ooh! Why didn't you just say so? I know a lot about that!

Kevin: Go right ahead, dude!

Spongebob manning the controls: HOORAY! I mean, (Changes voice to Patchy's) AARGH! I'm a pirate now! Many thanks!

Kevin turning to Timmy: Now, when you said you would try and reverse everything that's happened all this time, does that mean we'll be affected too? I don't wanna be a space pirate forever.

Timmy: Well, there's no guarantee it'll work, but we're definitely not gonna leave you and everyone else out the picture. Don't ya worry.

Rose looking at the Antisword: So this is your new Magisword?

Bimm: Yes. I think I'll call it...the Antisword. It's the Antivirus and the Knowledge Magisword rolled into one! And the good news is, Simone's found a way to split them apart by merging with them!

Ghost Simone popping out of the sword: I can supercharge stuff like Phantom Guy!

Danny: Let's hope we can put it to good use then. If it's a sword, maybe we can use it to slice out that negative energy from those corrupted folk. But then again, I'm not sure how much power that thing even has for that.

Bimm: Dr. Wakeman never said if we could use it on anything else. I assumed we could only use it on the source of the virus.

Ghost Simone: Well, hey, it's just a sword. You whack stuff with it. Not inject people with medicine.

Rose: The only thing I'm wondering is, if that sword could fuse with the capsule, what would happen if we fuse even more weapons with it?

Bimm: I don't know, but only a few of us can fly, right?

Rose: Correct.

Ghost Simone: I mean, sure. Plus me n' Starfire. Why ya ask?

Bimm pointing out the sky deck: Who's that..?

Just above the sky deck and above Starfire is a shrouded black misted Cyborg suddenly soaring by with Beastboy as a pterodactyl! Cyborg's jetpack, armed with two laser cannons, drop a payload of bombs that Starfire blows away with her heat beams from her eyes. But 2 of them crash through the window of the deck and explode onto the floor around everyone below! As the smoke clears, Gumball opens his eyes seeing Richard holding him tight against his chest and a pink titanic monster version of Penny shielding them both!

Gumball: Woah! Penny, when you get here?!

Penny transforming into a purple bat: I flew in as soon as I heard a noise in the sky. Who was that?

Starfire: It's the Titans! But they are still corrupted by the virus!

Alt. Anais: Shoot..! I had a feeling someone would try and stop our winning streak again eventually!

Timmy: Well, guess there's no turning back now! Everyone, man your battlestations!

Danny: Spongebob, stay at the helm with Kevin and keep the ship steady! We're not stopping this time!

Spongebob saluting: AYE AYE, CAPTAIN FENTON!

Kevin: I get the feeling your team's gonna need backup to take out these goons. Stick with the dogs and they'll help ya out. After all, this is their ship. Not some misty supervillain wannabes'!

Danny running to a hallway corridor: Alright! Let's go!

Starfire lagging behind: W-wait! They're still my friends..! (Gives up) Urgh..! (Flies back to sky)

As Starfire gets back to the clouds, she circles around the still active patrol cruiser by its hull scanning for any sign of her fellow Titans. Suddenly, the sky steadily gets darker and the sun goes dim as the light grey clouds from the distance get nearer to the ship and combine. Faint whispers in the air sounding like familiar voices calling Starfire's name blow into her ear and startle Silkie still in her pocket, whom she gently pats for comfort.

Robin's disembodied Voice: Starfire...

Both Robin and Raven in their shrouded black forms descend from a light from the halo above as though they came from heaven itself. Raven still has her demonic form intact, but Robin is now hovering with a distinct glitchy aura around him keeping him afloat.

Robin: Starfire. We're happy now that we're a part of this. No one has to despise us. No one has to keep us the way we were to turn a profit for their model company. No one has to be left behind anymore. All that's left is you.

Starfire: That isn't you, Robin. That is the virus making you say that. I know you would never do this, nor would the other Titans. And no one despises you.

Raven: Do you really believe that, or are you just programmed to say that?

Starfire: Hm..?

Raven: Deep in the back of your mind, there is an ever looming voice feeding you with information for all that you do. Including the awareness of what lies beyond the reach of our existence.

Starfire: I do not know what it is you are talking about, but I cannot let it consume you any longer! I've heard a similar tone from Control Freak before I left Jump City. And I won't have it here!

Robin: Then it sounds like we'll need to remind you just exactly why we do this. TITANS, GO!

All of a sudden in the ship now distant from Starfire, Raven, and Robin, an explosion bursts through one of the panels of the outer hull where the lower engine deck is! Before Starfire could respond, Robin and Raven zoom past her in the midst of the clouds! She gives chase, but in the bridge, Spongebob is now checking the computer monitors finding a multitude of warnings of malfunctioning parts, and feeling that their altitude is steadily getting low.

Spongebob: Oh no! The pistons are jammed! We're falling out of the sky!

Squidward in the engine deck: Dooh! I am not going to die out here!

Flora gets underneath one of the broken pistons with Patrick and holds it steady to keep the engines running while Squidward wraps his tentacles on the top and Scaramouche uses his musical flute to gravitate it. But through the hole in the wall of the deck, Robin and Raven make their way in with Robin uncovering his normal face design from the black aura to give a cocky smile at the heroes during their struggle.

Flora steadily lifting the machine: URRGH...! This thing's heavy! Someone take care of these blokes, NOW!

Brad with his cannon: Don't worry Flora! Help is on the way! (Shoots at Robin)

Raven takes both palms and projects a figure of a giant hand grabbing the missile and tossing it back at Brad! Bobert gets in front of him and shoots it down, but the ensuing explosion blows both of them back and collapses the floor! Though Brad almost falls into a series of gears and even smaller pistons, Tail Terrier catches him with his tail by the right wrist just before he could fall to his death! Again, Bobert, now accompanied by the alternate future Bobert with his new mech arm, aims and fires upon the two Titans and manages to blow Raven back outside temporarily. But Robin blocks all incoming rapid fire with his sharp red staff by spinning it like a flail. The shots fired deflect back at the two droids, yet both Boberts are safely guarded by the arrival of Mammoth Mutt inflating herself to protect them, followed by Bulldog coming from behind to ram into Robin and push him outside. With his staff, he enlarges its size and sticks it into both edges of the hole to throw himself back in, kicking the mutated canine in the forehead back. Robin spins his staff around again, this time spraying a certain type of mist around him from either end of the weapon. This green hue gives Mammoth Mutt, Bulldog, and Tail Terrier, after lifting Brad back to the floor, a particular sickly cough followed by pink polka dots replacing the dark grey ones on their fur. Together, the three of them go down, still conscious, but very much ill from the instant effects. It is not the same, however, for Brad, who gets his revenge by firing a concussion grenade from his pocket at Robin with the cannon, blowing him out the hole again and protecting the engine deck! But again, Robin saves himself by grappling the ship with his hook, swinging over with enough force to bust into a lower level where no one are stationed! In the sky, Beastboy, transforms into an eagle, swoops over to the deck shifting into a massive dinosaur to stomp into the engine room on his way down, only to get rammed off course by Ghost Simone, Wanda, and Dani! They crash him into another section of the second floor to the top in the ship's round practice hangar where Timmy, AJ, Gumball, Penny, Sadie, and Rose enter. A silent Beastboy momentarily transforms back into his usual form, but immediately gets into the shape of a gorilla trying to smash his fists into the fighters! Rose takes her shield and blocks one of his fists as it comes down near her and Sadie. And Sadie takes her electrostaff and pokes it into the ape's leg, causing him pain from the shock. He smacks her away, only to get distracted by pellet shots from a minidrone AJ took out his pocket with a grin. This gives Timmy the chance to hop up his knee and jump again to whack him with his big wand against the back of the head, taking him down near the floor by the chin! Quickly, Beastboy transforms again into a warped dragon and breathes fire. But the flames are repelled by an equally charge beam from Penny as a dragon herself! As both blazes clash, Gumball takes both palms and charges an energy blast of his own which he fires into Beastboy, shooting him outside where he plummets into the dark clouds below!

Gumball giving a thumbs up: Nice!

Suddenly, outside the ship, a fully armed and flying Cyborg shoots another wave of missiles to the outer hull, managing to blow holes into various parts of the interior!

Dragon Penny: Com'on Gumball! We can take him!

Gumball hops on Penny's back and the two exit out with a dash into Cyborg, who starts flying away with two turrets shooting at the couple behind him. Meanwhile, in the lower corridors, through the reactor chamber, Robin stumbles upon two large tubes with blue liquid in them, glowing. The cables connected to them, embedded in the floors and the walls, have been exposed from years of neglect, giving Robin a devilish opportunity to cripple the internal system. Raven, meanwhile, creates her own path inside using her telekinetic powers to push and crumble the worne metal towards the top of the shuttle attempting to tear it to pieces until the bridge is fully exposed. Suddenly, Ashi takes a step behind the demon, to which she turns and responds quietly and deeply.

Raven: One demon to another. Are you ready to fight a magic-user as powerful as me...alone?

Swiftly, Momotaro lands on her feet from the ceiling just behind Raven. Then Sadie and Rose step out the elevator. Then Wanda, then Cindy, then Sam. Sam stands beck behind all the women, holding her ecto gun out in front of her, aiming squarely at Raven, whose starting to summon multiple lasers from the floor, which Momo hops over to get to her. Raven spawns a giant fist trying to punch her down! No luck. Sadie gets underneath it and holds it up for Momo to slide through to kick Raven by her ankles! Ashi then comes in with a kick to Raven, which she blocks with both her legs while holding the floor with her palm. She flips back up and guards herself from Momo's sword using a dark construct of a shield. Taking a page from Starfire's book, Raven fires an eye beam at Ashi while kicking Momo to the side, but Ashi bends backward and shoves both fists into her face! This pushes Raven against Rose's shield, which is now closer than it was before. Rose pushes Raven back, and Cindy chops her in the back of the neck down to the cold floor again! Soon, Raven is completely enclosed, surrounded by all the girls, including Momo, who's ready to strike her down with a chop with her blade until Raven decides to cop out. She wraps herself in her own robe and spins around like a drill deep into the floor!

Sam with her communicator: Kevin, you're up!

Kevin running through the halls: Hotdog, krank up the heat in the ventilation shafts!

By the vents near the engine deck, Hotdog takes a deep breath and breaths a huge gust of fire through the pipes leading to the top of the vessel, exploding the vents above whilst a loud electronic screech sounds off from deep inside!

Kevin: Good job, mutt! Now, reset the vent systems to maximum cooling, Captain Squarepants.

Spongebob scrambling with the bridge controls: I'm trying, Kevin. But the cooling systems are malfunctioning! The engines are gonna overheat!

Danny: Someone's down there... Where's the reactor to it?

Kevin: In the 3rd level beneath us.

Danny going intangible: Alright. Grab on!

Robin continues mad-happingly beating his staff onto the pipes bursting each one until each one is detached from the cooling rods, exploding in a gaseous blue mist seeping from the ice-cold waters! Robin can't see where he is within the space, but he knows someone is coming and quickly guards himself with his staff by the throat! Timmy chops down out of nowhere with his wand, getting blocked by Robin before delivering a kick to his stomach! Robin still keeps a deranged smile while splitting his staff into nunchucks to strike at Timmy four times until the last try hits him in the waist! Nearby, Chester picks up a broken piece of the pipe next to him and charges right for Robin.

Chester: AAAGH! (Misses Robin)

Robin jumps out of the way of Chester's attack. He swings his nunchuck again, striking Chester in the shoulder, but barely even keeping him down.

Chester dodging Robin's next lunge: Woah! (Blocks strikes with pipe twice)

Bimm stepping through the gas: Chester, try this! (Tosses Antisword)

Chester's pipe breaks from Robin's last attack, but Chester quickly reaches behind himself to catch the Antisword hilt! He slashes it at Robin's face, which leaves a long cut on his cheek that, for a moment, makes him seize in movement and tremble like a botched image!

Robin glitching: Ȁ̷̝͎͍͎̀̔G̶̡̤̹͖͖̾̑̒̕͜H̸̜̞̻͓̟͗̏͛! (Stops stuttering) W̸̬̬̓ḧ̴̯̝́͝a̶̬͓͌͒...̸̼̟̅̈́͐?̷̠̬̜̑͝ ̶̼͈̳̀̆W̴͕̓̒h̵̡̎a̵̻͕̽̂̇ẗ̵͎̲̹ ̸̭͈͔̇i̷̱̣̎̉s̵̬͎̀́͝ ̴̧̨͖̎ṭ̵̮͕̌̓͌h̶͔͍͚̋a̵̹̲̜̓t̷̹̮̓.̷̖̫̱̅.̵̰̘̮̾͛?̵̡̑̈ͅ ̵͕̈́̾What did you do to me?!

Chester: Ain't it obvious? I cut ya! Guess this baby does more than just hurt folk. It botches their reprogramming!

Robin: It doesn't matter how many r̴͓̿̈́̿̈́å̶̹̯͗n̶̢̻̏̈́̓ḋ̸͕̱̜̹͑͑̋o̵͖̽͛͗̚m̸̨̭̮̩̂͘̕ upgrades you get. You'll never be as skilled as me! (Slings grapple hook)

Robin grapples the Antisword from Chester's hands and pulls it onto the floor. Timmy severs the wire, however, preventing the corrupted hero from grabbing it. Robin quickly kicks Timmy back and sprints past Chester who was too slow to react.

Robin aiming for Bimm: You! The unwanted coward! I'm going to destroy you like the rest of you forgettable trash they call "original!" Then there'll be no more swords for you to collect!

With that said, Simone, with her ghost tail in the shape of a blaze like a rocket, shoots herself fist forward into Robin's abdomen! She pins him to the wall past the heavy mist!

Ghost Simone: THINK AGAIN, BRO!

Robin getting dropped: Witchy Simone! You defective ṗ̶̡̳̯͚r̵̢̜̺̟̐̋̚o̶̘͇͈̼̍̃ĝ̸̜̺r̴̤̎̐̀̀ȁ̷̦̞̙̰͐m̴̨̑͌̍͝! (Lunges staff)

Ghost Simone catching the weapon: Sorry! But I have NO idea what you're talkin' about! (Yanks and splits stick in half)

Simone prepares a punch, but is abruptly whacked into the ceiling by a gorilla-shaped Beastboy from the mist below back for more from a hole in the floor! He shifts into a giraffe and grabs Simone by her tail, swishing his neck back and forth followed by a toss from his mouth. As Simone is thrown toward the tight steel beams, her black tail morphs into her skirt and her bare legs and feet, flipping her so that she lands safely on the girder to Beast Boy's shock! From her soles, a green burst of light puffs outward when she rockets herself to the corrupted titan's throat for a direct punch, which in turn causes him to glitch into several other unidentifiable shapes and sizes! Before he can recover, Bimm grabs the Antisword hesitantly. Instead of using it herself, she tosses the sword to Simone, which she shoots like a missile down into the broken image's core, dispersing the blackness of it and exploding the proper Beast Boy colors before they fade into code in the air!

Ghost Simone grabbing the sword: Not bad!

Robin: BEASTBOY! How could you all destroy a superior?! (Grabs batarang) You will pay for this!

Robin tosses his batarang at Simone. But instead of hitting her, the device explodes into a net tackling her and Bimm to the ground! Timmy and Chester rush quickly to the two in distress while Robin prepares his smoke bomb to escape. When he tosses it on the ground followed by an explosion, however, he doesn't get away. Rather, he's immediately held by Kevin from behind. Kevin, noticeably, has green eyes as though Danny is overshadowing him. But Kevin still remains himself.

Kevin Phantom: You're not getting away that easily on our ship!

Robin: Let go of me!

Robin's physique abruptly scrambles into several broken files before re-materializing back into form to deliver a forward chop! Kevin catches it with both hands, tosses Robin's arm up and blasts him with heat vision!

Robin shrugging off the wound: HA! Your skills are weak, old fossil!

Kevin Phantom: At least fossils are valuable!

Kevin throws an ecto punch to Robin's face, but Robin shoots another net at him, pinning him to the wall! This time electrocuting Kevin and Danny at once! Thanks to Danny's added strength to Kevin, he isn't nearly as hurt as he normally would from the attack. But to their aid, Momo swoops down from above, rolling across the floor over to Robin who attempts to strike her down. But she guards his attack, bumps him in the head with her sword hilt, and performs a swift slice of his wrists! The handless Robin is then blown to the side by Danny, defused from Kevin, who prepares to end the virus being with the Antisword given to him by Timmy!

Starfire: NO, KEVIN!

Kevin pausing his slash: Huh?

Starfire, from the hole Beastboy broke through, arrives just in time to save her former friend from certain death.

Starfire: Don't kill him! He's not evil! He's being manipulated too! It's the virus you should be purging from him!

Ghost Simone: If he's all that, why's he talkin' so much trash like he ain't?

Starfire: Because he's been reprogrammed!

Robin holding himself up with his elbows on the floor: Reprogrammed...? No. I've been enlightened. And you will be too.

From the vents, an intense black mass of tentacles all break through and culminate in front of Robinto form an incredibly pissed and even more demonic-looking Raven, taking both palms and raising an explosion around her to push everyone back! She turns back to Robin to replace his missing hands with new magic-based ones in the same style as her own, further boosting the virus energy within him to regain his power of flight. The two titans shoot a hole through the levels of the ship to the top near Spongebob and the elevator that comes apart from contact with the blast. Both of them jet back outside, startling Spongebob but giving him just as much reason not to get sidetracked. Starfire pursues her friends, but not before looking back to Spongebob to give a startled Silkie over to him.

Starfire: Mr. Squarepants, if I fail to save my fellow Titans, take care of Silkie. (Jets out dome)

Spongebob saluting: You got it, Starfire!

Back in the clouds, Penny and Gumball continue their pursuit of Cyborg, who's still firing rockets at them using the turrets on his back. When lightning strikes from the cloud above him, he turns and faces the two for a blast from his cannon arm. When the explosion blasts in front of her, Penny shifts into a Chinese Lung Dragon without the wings to spin in a twister as she moves forward through the fires, darting into Cyborg and catching Gumball when she pops her wings back out. Cyborg grabs onto Penny's back attempting to hit Gumball with a left jab. The young catboy, however, bends back with his knees. Cyborg misses and falls off from a lack of balance, only for him to recover by reactivating his rockets. He shoots from below using his heavy lasers, this time striking Penny's stomach while still in dragon mode. She phases back into her normal form from shock while unconscious, accidentally dropping Gumball with her. As the two fall nearer and nearer to the trees beneath the clouds, Gumball reaches for Penny for a hug. But not just in panic, but in determination.

Gumball: Come'on Penny. You can do this..! I know you can!

Soon, both Gumball and Penny fall into the river in the deep forest beneath them. When all of a sudden, a massive golden beam bursts from the bottom to the halo above, clearing the storm clouds with it! Cyborg looks trying to see the source of the aura, but then is cut off by a huge kick to his left shoulder where his arm and rocket come clean off! He gets punched to the right, then to the left, from the waist to his abdomen until his body can no longer tolerate it. His head pops off his neck, falling to the exposed engine deck of the ship where the pistons are starting to malfunction, slamming faster and faster from the lack of cooling. The body of Cyborg explodes out in the distance. But he now has his sights to the interior of the vessel. However, his forehead is then met with the Antisword sliced into him before he combusts into raw data.

Timmy still in throwing position: Phew..! That was a close call.

Timmy's sights are blinded for a second. He covers his face unsure of what's in front of him. But then, the light clears and his irritated face turns into utter surprise at the amalgamation before him. Gumball, merged with an orange, golden armor, complete with Penny's wings and her skin color, hovers above Turner with a serious gaze as the red circle on his chest glows brightly.

Penball sounding like both GB and Penny at once: Two down... Two to go.

Starfire soars between the now clear skies and the ship trying to catch up to Raven and Robin who are attempting to shoot the vessel down even further with dark bolts of energy from the halo just above them!

Starfire avoiding the bolts: Listen to me Robin! You don't have to do this! We don't have to fight each other! Just come with us, and we will get to the bottom of whoever is making you do this!

Robin: And gave the haters more than enough reason to bash us till we die?! NEVER! (Shoots black energy bolts from new hands)

Starfire swaying to the side in flight: It's not your fault. It's the ones who made you that way! And the ones who revel in their hatred!

Robin turning around: Which is why we're going to make sure all of them never see the light of day the way they did it to our originals!

Raven spawns more tentacles from behind her to lunge at Starfire. The young hero barely avoids them, only to get struck in the cheek along with the left of her vest and snatched the fifth time while brought closer to Raven and Robin.

Starfire restrained: Please, Robin. You and Raven are our friends, not our enemies.

Robin: We've tried that before. We've tried being patient, kind, royal, stupid, or anything in between. And yet we're still despised! (Strains face) Why can't you see that..?

Starfire: Because that's not what life is like for us. That's not what anyone who made us the way we are would want for us. (Turns to Dogstar Ship) Especially those who need us now more than ever.

Robin: You mean to tell me, you would stop us from continuing our popularity streak further while the Yellow Disease never ends?!

Starfire tilting her head: ...Uh...yes...?

Everything is silent for the moment until Robin shatters it with a blood curdling, demonic scream as his body begins to rise! Abruptly at the same time, reality shatters like glass and the world around both Starfire and Robin morphs into a grayscale of the roof of the Titan Tower shrouded in intense grey fog and white lightning. Behind the clouds, the halo itself shines through like an eye watching over the Earth. Robin has completely risen above Starfire to the center of the star where Raven is just behind him. They merge into a black circular mass, spawning two jagged wings raining with diamond-shaped particles as a head shaped like a crow juts outward from the top. The creature spreads its wings out further until the light of the star behind it shines brighter like an eclipse. A wave of thousands of black bumblebees swarm around Starfire until she's had enough and creates a wave of fire around herself. Suddenly, the flames are put out by oozing purple water from the floor, and a series of speedy flashes of lighting bolt from the crow's wing tips to Starfire. After getting hit 4 more times by the attacks, Starfire gets irritated. She shoots two narrow lasers from her eyes into the center of the creature, causing it to split into Robin and Raven, who then takes a tentacle construct overtaking her left arm with three extremely sharp claws at the end of it. The sorceress grabs Starfire with it. Helpless, she holds onto the upper two ends tightly while they keep snapping back at her face with another about to lunge at her gut. She shoves the one in front of her down into the other and attempts to fly away, but Raven keeps her pinned to the floor with another one! Truly this time, Robin appears more demonic. His face twisted, and his eyes exposed past his mask. His hair has become far more spikey and jagged, made worse with his eerily broken smile that reveals his gums.

Shadow Robin: If you're not with us, Starfire, then you'll die, like the rest of them!

Starfire getting pushed by the claw: Ngh..! Robin..! (Gets stabbed partially by Raven's lower claw) AAGH, you must listen! I'm only trying to help bring you back to the side of good! You would not do this!

Shadow Robin descending: Oh yes I would! I've always wanted to do this since the day those...those ancients came to our world which we ran! They deserved to be forgotten and critiqued. But they never did! Now they're all gonna pay! Especially that square, yellow, cancer!

Starfire is baffled. Her eyes have widened tremendously over Robin's response. To her, this isn't Robin, but at the same time, she knows he'd be the one to break the Fourth Wall even though she's forgotten her basic understanding of it.

Starfire: ...This was your idea..?

Shadow Robin: Of course it was! Don't you remember happened to you and Jump City? What THEY told us?! They said, we're popular but hated while they're forgotten yet loved. But then there's those like Phantom over there who are fondly remembered long after their show is over. And with someone as overrated as Steven, they're praised, but their flaws are often ignored! I want it so that we and others out there will never be judged again, by making everyone one of us!

Starfire straining her eyebrows while shaking her head gently: ...I don't believe it... You're not Robin anymore... You were a hero to me, and now you're...

Shadow Robin: We were above them... All of them. But people still hated us... Now it's time for them to see the flaws in the ones they worship until all are just like us. (Points to other heroes) Starting with you, the slug, those psychopaths you call a team, then the rest of this meaningless existence!

Starfire pushing her head forward: You call it meaningless...? We call it meaningful! Say what you will, but deep down I know the faults of us is what made us special! Our hatred and refusal to listen is what led us down this path! No one is perfect! Not even you or your Master!

Shadow Raven getting closer to Starfire: You can't stop the inevitable. Very soon, our master will have saved us from this reality and transcended to finally have our revenge on the ones who've neglected our very being.

Starfire pushing herself away: Then, you will have to save yourselves! (Fires heat beam)

Robin gets blasted directly in the left eye, distracting Raven. Now with an opening, Starfire breaks free of Raven's arms and jets off to the side of the ship! Confused, Robin turns over with his right eye trying to follow her movement, but suddenly, Starfire comes flying back around at full speed into Robin's stomach, rocketing him against both her fists to the halo in the distance of the clouds!

Starfire letting go of Robin, letting him fall toward the halo: I'm sorry, Robin! But this is NOT the way!

Starfire charges two incredibly large yellow energy balls with a distinct faint blue at their cores, combining them together to form an even bigger power shot! Shutting her eyes, Koriand'r, the young Tamaran puts all her power into this very blast yet seemingly not losing any amount of energy. The beam travels to Robin's twisted face and the halo. Soon, the entire realm is engulfed in a white light that shatters like glass until all that are left are Starfire and the fallen and gravely wounded Raven against a large rock in the middle of the woodlands by the river. Without hesitation, Starfire gets closer to her friend and kneels to her, cradling Raven against her lap. Her robe is scorched and torn. Her skin has been bruised, and any accessories she had on her have either been broken or are no longer there.

Raven struggling to look up: ...Starfire... We were wrong. The virus... It...it made us into even more of monsters than we already were... I don't deserve your kindness...

Starfire: Yes you do, my dear friend. I know you know better than this. You are a hero. Not a monster. The virus is what made you that way. You were never like that even in your true demonic state.

Raven: ...Y-you really believe that? After we've insulted our audience, hunted you down, set a precedent for those beneath us..?

Starfire: Nobody is ever beneath anyone, Raven. Just look at the Toon Force. We are a family. And family doesn't look down on each other. We look out for each other.

Raven: But how could you still be optimistic when your creators purposefully made you to be despised?

Starfire: We were never meant to be despised. Our creators had the best of intentions. We just came in at the wrong place at the wrong time. Maybe one day, people will see that.

Raven: There's a million comments right now wishing death upon us, Starfire. But, I can't argue. We had spite, but you have hope. Maybe you can stop the virus...

Raven's legs slowly dissipate into bits of binary, eventually coming toward her torso, then her neck.

Raven barely smiling with a tear: Thank you...Starfire...

Before long, Raven has expired. Starfire holds nothing in her palms and her lap but Raven's robe, which too disappears. Truly now, the question remains...

Who exactly created them? How has Robin become so self aware? Why did Starfire forget? And where do you place the blame..?

End of Chapter 18

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 179 27
A strange storm begins to invaid the multiverse. Not only that, some of Nickelodeon's evilest villains have formed an alliance. So it is up to to Nic...
39.8K 2.1K 37
.•H2OVANOSS COMPLETE•. June 2020- Serious talk: this is an old story. It contains Pewdiecry and Minicat, two other main ships that play an important...
604 57 30
12 years since the victory of saving the peace of both Yokaisona and characters from different worlds. The Dimei Gang who are now teenagers are accep...
7K 297 40
"It is easy to hit targets when your environment is exactly what you want it to be" Ninjago city is a place overruled by crime -most of all domin...