Shooting Stars

By kitkatonfire

Grace Hollister is a 17, going on 18 year old who is in her last year of high school. One problem. Junior yea... More

Prologue
Authors note
At adams house
At adams house part two
You..you really mean that?
YAYYYY ROMANCE N' SHIT
I love YOU
Authors note
When the walls break down
Scars and bruises
Am i dead?
SPRING BREAK
A Thing of the Past
SHIT AND STUFF
Going Home Part Two
Oh what fun it is to ride in a car full of idiots
Graduationnnnnnn
When the Stars Die Out
The Day They Fall

The first day of school, senior year

6 0 0
By kitkatonfire

I wake up to the sound of my alarm. Three months ago, my ex boyfriend, Cameron, dumped me. Then claimed I cheated. He made up some lie about him and ally, my ex bestfriend. They're probably still dating. I sigh. I get up, and go into the bathroom. I brush out my now long brown hair, that has the tips dyed to look like fire. I look at myself in the mirror. I'm thinner then last year. I'm prettier then last year. But am j stronger then last year? I walk into my bedroom and put on jeans, a plain black t shirt, and combat boots. Grabbing my black and red checkered hoodie, I walk downstairs.

"Hey sweets. You ready for school?" My aunt asks. I nod. Yeah, ready to be hated on all over again. I grab a peice of toast, and my bag, and walk out the door. I walk to school, and when I get there eyes are watching me.

"Bitch."

"Slut."

"Loser." The words don't hurt, I'm immune now. I walk to my locker and unlock it.

"Hey, heard you hooked up with a guy this summer. Did you cheat on him too?" A girl asks. I ignore her.

"Hello?" She says.

"Hey. I'm talking to you." She says, grabbing my arm and squeezing, hard. I turn and grab her arm, and shove her to the locker.

"Don't touch me." I hiss. People 'oooh' at me pinning her to the wall, and she's trying desperately to break free.

"Let go of me!" She says.

"As you wish." I say. I let go and slam my locker shut. She tries to punch me, and I dodge.

"Nice try." I say, walking off. I feel people's stares. I ignore them. First period starts, and I take my seat. Everyone gets up and leaves.

"Why won't any of you sit with miss Hollister?" The teacher asks.

"It's alright mrs. Parsons, they're just afraid of catching freakitis." I say.

"Well, today we have a new student. Class, please welcome mr. Parker." The teacher says. A guy, about six feet exactly, with black hair, walks in. The black hair just covers his bright blue eyes. I feel girls stare at him in awe.

"Alright, mr. Parker, please take a seat." Mrs. Parsons asks. He nods and wools around the room. His eyes stop on me, and I look down.

"This seats free!" Ally says. What's she staring at him for? She has a boyfriend. Correction, stole, a boyfriend. He walks over and sits down, all the girls smiling and making flirty eyes. I roll my eyes.

"Alright class, we're going to do a partner project. Everyone pick a partner." As usual. Nobody asks me. I just sit back and wait for the unlucky person who gets stuck with me.

"What's your name?" Ally asks the guy.

"Adam." He says.

"That's such a hot name." Marisa says. I roll my eyes in disgust.

"You can be my partner." Ally says, glaring at Marisa. She glares back.

"Who's that girl?" Adam asks, I know he's asking about me. I just keep working on my song lyrics.

"Who, grace? Oh. She's just a freak. Ide stay away from her if I were you." Ally says. I hear him get up. No no please don't be coming over here...yep. He came over. He sits down.

"Hi." He says. I look up.

"Hi." I say.

"I'm adam." He says.

"Grace." I say. He smiles. I slightly smile.

"So, grace, do you have a partner?" He asks. I hear ally get up.

"Now hold on, you don't want to be her partner." Ally says. She looks at me.

"She's a freak." She says, not breaking eye contact with me. I don't look away, looking away would mean giving in. And I don't do that.

"She doesn't look like one." Adam says. Wait, he's defending me?

"In fact, I'm going to be her partner." He says. She looks at him, and then at me. A look of hate is plastered on her face. I stare in utter shock at him.

"So, grace. What do ya say? Be my partner?" He asks, smiling. I nod, not knowing what else to do. He smiles. Ally walks off, furious. I laugh.

"What?" Adam says.

"Did you see the look she gave me? She's so pissed!" I say, almost crying tears of joy. He smiles. We talk a little, and make plans for me to come to his house after school tonight.

"Cool. See you then." He says. I nod, and walk to my favorite spot in the entire school. The practice room. I open the door, and walk in. Putting my stuff down, I walk over to the closet, and grab the guitar. I had one of my own, until someone, cough cough ally, smashed it on the sidewalk over the summer. I don't have the money for a new one. I smile, feeling the strings with my thumb. I sit down and play one of my favorite songs.

"Come up to meet you, tell you I'm sorry, you don't know how lovely you really are." I sing softly.

Time skip to end of the day

I walk out of the practice room, and walk down the hall. Walking out of the school, I see adam standing outside, girls all around him. Our eyes meet, and he smiles. Ally looks at where he's looking, and a look of hatred crosses her face.

"Sorry girls, but I have to go." He says, pushing past the crowd of girls. He walks over to me.

"Hey. Ready?" He asks. I nod, and we start the walk to his house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202 40 17
Jordan wakes up not knowing where she is, who she is. She struggles to find out how to deal. She falls in love but she's not the only one struggling...
Stuck By platyypus

Short Story

25 0 8
High school is not easy. What with strict teachers, overbearing parents, and judgemental teenagers, it's a wonder Jade's made it this far. It's her s...
1.1K 75 29
Sixteen year-old Claire is mean. Straight up mean. The thing is, she knows it too. Her parents know it, the kids at school know it, especially her bo...
5.6K 92 15
Grace is a 15 year old girl that can never get a break. She's been abused, used, and abuses drugs. She meets troubled Tate through counseling and fin...