A D&D STORY

By MaryQued

A Teifling with amnesia, a blue-skinned healer, a narcissistic elf, a rogue royal, an old and mysterious huma... More

Where am I?
A distant memory.
Woken up.
The deal- and Someone New.
The note.
DarkNight and the Horse.

Bloody trail

47 2 3
By MaryQued

"Mary go get more sticks!"
"Mary go get some stone!"
"Mary stop breathing!"

This is what I've been hearing for the past days. Ever since we found the helmet that had Gundren Rockseekers name in it, and a trail of blood that led to a dark cave, We've done nothing but prepare for the "challenge" ahead.

DarkNight has been more, well, more intense, with his teasing of Elves.
Especially with Rick.
Whenever he saw him he would make an awkward gesture with his hands which I didn't recognise, and he always yelled.
Artorius wasn't helping matters. He's been giving out orders like he's the king of the place.
I glare at him whenever I get the chance, or try out the weird DarkNight gesture behind his back.
"And thats it for the report." I whispered to the dark voice in my head.

It's been telling me things lately, like who to trust, what to do, and it's been demanding daily reports of everyone.
The only bad-side if this, is I get a headache whenever the voice speaks, and I do stuff that I don't mean to do.

Artorius walked out from his tree-tent thing looking as if he'd been awake for hours.
I dropped the wood I was carrying on his feet.
"Your welcome." I snapped.
"Actually this," he kicked the wood. "Wont be needed. We're leaving today."
"About time!" Blue said, who turned out to be listening.
"Yeah, I've been awake for hours!" Rick said, looking like he used those hours to comb his hair.
"How?" I blurted out. He kept both the night and the dawn shift, and he combed his hair. I can't even keep the afternoon shift without talking a nap.
"I'm an elf. Besides, sleeping is for peasants." He said, sashaying away.
"Well at least now he can't get more egotistic." DarkNight said. Then he did his hand gesture.
"Stop fooling around." Artorius commanded. "Get your weapons ready."

Fast forward because nothing important happens next.

"Remember, we're going through a unknown terrain, so stay alert." Artorius warned.
"Yes because when we're in a dark forest following a trail of blood, we aren't alert." I snapped sarcastically.
I heard a low laugh and assumed it was DarkNights.

Eventually we saw the cave. It was huge, for a cave.
It was at this moment where I started feeling doubtful.
"Are we really doing this guys? I mean, what are we trying to achieve here?" I asked.
"Mary, we're doing this for the sake of doing it! Adventure! Isn't it exiting?" Blue said.
"I thought we were doing this for the gold." Rick confessed.
"Yes, I thought so too. But seriously, this is a dark and spooky cave with monsters in it! We are risking our lives for some dwarf with a last name of RockSeeker? I mean what kind of name is that?" I said rapidly.
"Are you scared?" Artorius sneered. "Wow, hey guys, Mary's scared."
"No, I'm not. I'm just.. just concerned about my life span." I went on.
"Fine. I guess you could stay behind." Artorius shrugged.
"Wait what?"
"Yeah. It's okay. You would just prove that your weak and useless, and get no gold while all of us get rich! It's your choice really."
I clenched my fists and felt a familiar burning feeling in my skin again. I smiled. I liked it.
"Fine." I declared.

Even saying this, I chose to walk in the back, where DarkNight and Blue were.
"How dare Artorius say that!" DarkNight started saying gesturing to him. Artorius was moving with such confidence as if we weren't all slowly loosing vision by the growing lack of light. "As if he's the ruler of this place."
I barely heard the rest of what he said, because Artorius had stopped.
"Wolf."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

816K 23.4K 61
Warning: 18+ ABO worldကို အခြေခံရေးသားထားပါသည်။ စိတ်ကူးယဉ် ficလေးမို့ အပြင်လောကနှင့် များစွာ ကွာခြားနိုင်ပါသည်။
194K 20.1K 29
Dragonwall's queen no longer remembers who she is. Her magic is locked away at the hands of an evil sorcerer. Kane hoped to deal the drengr monarchy...
47.8K 1.2K 21
To some, she was just another princess who was kind, generous and had ethereal beauty. To the smallfolk, she was a dream and too good to share blood...
236K 24.8K 31
الرواية بقلمي أنا إنتصار لخضاري (غيمة) سأقاضي كل من ينقلها بدون إذني . 🍂تنتقل فتاة المدينة للعيش في بيت جدتها في الريف بعد ذلك الحادث الذي تسبب في م...